Sign in to follow this  
DuckFor2

Hamlin/Ruth..PSU/LEHIGH

early season showdown Fri night. Hamlin has a great opportunity. I expect to see a relatively close bout, anyone think Hamlin wins it?

as for the dual, this will be no contest. Lehigh has some great young wrestlers as well on this roster and will be poised to compete in the future.

Attended the Adam Frey Classic, and in a shortened match ER was never really challenged. Still, that match means very little right now. If I was a betting man, I'd go with Ruth...just no idea what the score will be. Wouldn't be surprised at all by a major though, any more than I'd be surprised if Hamlin kept it to a decision. Just don't think Hamlin will win.

Guest Hammerlock3

the only weakness I have ever seen out of ruth was that he was not technical enough (despite being very technical) to stop Phil Keddy's meathead double unders assault.

Guest Hammerlock3

anyone who doesn't want to get pinned by ruth can just look into a crossface for 7 minutes. but trying to win can diminish said capacity

sometimes we forget that Mr. Ruth is up a weight. I expect a victory as well, but wouldn't be surprised if he struggles early while making adjustments.

Although, he never fails to impress me either, like when he beat #1 and #2 in the same tournament two years ago.

sometimes we forget that Mr. Ruth is up a weight. I expect a victory as well, but wouldn't be surprised if he struggles early while making adjustments.

Although, he never fails to impress me either, like when he beat #1 and #2 in the same tournament two years ago.

If I'm not mistaken, and I don't believe I am, Hamlin didn't cut down to meet Ruth this past summer. Rather, Ruth bumped up in weight to take on Hamlin. If Ruth owning a two-time All-American and NCAA finalist means he'll be "adjusting" to his new weight class, jah help everyone at 184 this season.

Tough duty for Robert Hamlin as his one hand is wrapped like a mummy. It's not even a claw.No grip is possible and hand control is a big problem. He beat Steinhaus like that even though Steinhaus keep shooting the leg on the side of the bad hand. He beat a tough Binghamton kid like that also but Ruth is a completely different matter. My heart roots for the Vermonster but my mind says he's got big problems. He's game though and will go until the end.

Ruth will probably win, but those of you who think Hamlin is going to fish-out are not terribly bright.

If Hamlin is injured (hand?), Ruth by major. If not, by 5+ in a match that isn't as close as the score would indicate. And that is with Hamlin giving everything he has; he's not going to turn into a fish for anyone.

But Ruth isn't just anyone.