Sign in to follow this  
pennsyrules

Who has had more pressure?

Oh, how much I love PA fans.

Pressure? How many highly decorated wrestlers in HS have had injuries that stall their careers? I submit very few. Super talented wrestlers generally stay healthy throughout their HS and College career's. Chance not only has not stayed healthy, he has not sought out tough competition in the last year or two, alleged injuries aside.

We'll see if he can even stay healthy once he hits the room and faces men.

BTW, Dapper Dan is ONE match. You mean to tell me he was able to grind through states and cruised to a 4th title but a couple of weeks later he couldn't wrestle one more tough match?

BTW, Dapper Dan is ONE match. You mean to tell me he was able to grind through states and cruised to a 4th title but a couple of weeks later he couldn't wrestle one more tough match?

Here's the story on his back injury and missing the Dapper:

http://highschoolsports.pennlive.com/ne ... our-weeks/

Sounds to me like he needed to get in that back brace ASAP.

Congratulations, Ryan, for sounding like a douche.

Pressure? How many highly decorated wrestlers in HS have had injuries that stall their careers? I submit very few. Super talented wrestlers generally stay healthy throughout their HS and College career's. Chance not only has not stayed healthy, he has not sought out tough competition in the last year or two, alleged injuries aside.

The critics and naysayers are already out! That was quick. Picking on the kid before he even wrestled a college match.

Just looking at high school kids moving on to DI college, I can't think of anyone who has had more pressure to succeed than Marsteller. Short of being a 3-4 time champ, many of the critics will talk about how he was over-rated and didn't "pan out". It's a shame when people just can't wait to see a kid fail despite superior accomplishments on the mat. I know a lot of people will support him but he will also certainly have his share of critics. Look at what the Alton brothers have had to face. Two great kids who just compete but because of their accomplishments coming out of high school, they get crushed by people on these boards.

I look forward to seeing Marsteller compete and hope his immense talent continues to carry him through college but what I know for sure is he will have immense pressure to dominate, otherwise he will be thrown in the group of over-rated high school stars. Can you think of anyone who has come out with more hype in a long time?

Not seeing why you'd make this comment. Marstellar is probably not even the best high schooler currently competing. Aaron Pico and Kyle Snyder can both claim to have accomplished more in terms of achievement.

Marstellar is obviously a great wrestler but his injury history definitely puts caution into expectations. We are living in an era of super youth talent. Marstellar is just another great possibility to this point. PSU may end up better off with the superb Bo Nickal in this regard. Okie State may end up with an all time great or, equally likely, the next Roger Kish.

Just looking at high school kids moving on to DI college, I can't think of anyone who has had more pressure to succeed than Marsteller. Short of being a 3-4 time champ, many of the critics will talk about how he was over-rated and didn't "pan out". It's a shame when people just can't wait to see a kid fail despite superior accomplishments on the mat. I know a lot of people will support him but he will also certainly have his share of critics. Look at what the Alton brothers have had to face. Two great kids who just compete but because of their accomplishments coming out of high school, they get crushed by people on these boards.

I look forward to seeing Marsteller compete and hope his immense talent continues to carry him through college but what I know for sure is he will have immense pressure to dominate, otherwise he will be thrown in the group of over-rated high school stars. Can you think of anyone who has come out with more hype in a long time?

Not seeing why you'd make this comment. Marstellar is probably not even the best high schooler currently competing. Aaron Pico and Kyle Snyder can both claim to have accomplished more in terms of achievement.

Marstellar is obviously a great wrestler but his injury history definitely puts caution into expectations. We are living in an era of super youth talent. Marstellar is just another great possibility to this point. PSU may end up better off with the superb Bo Nickal in this regard. Okie State may end up with an all time great or, equally likely, the next Roger Kish.

And with that said, I really wish more people would take into consideration just how much of an effect injuries have on someone's overall performance. Kish had placed 2nd-3rd thus far in his career, and then suffered a horrific injury that kept him off the podium as a senior. Had he been 100%, I saw he would have contended for the national title. Even without the use of one of his arms, he still managed to make the R12 that year.

You are a big d-bag. Every post you make just shows how immature you are, I actually feel sorry for you. You can not make a post without showing your jealousy towards PA wrestlers, it is pathetic.

I hope Chance can stay healthy his entire college wrestling career,if so he will have a fantastic career. I was bummed when he switched from PSU to Okie State, but I will still root for him. This kid was beating state HS champs while he was in 7th and 8th grade, and beat numerous others while in HS along the way. I for one can not wait to see him wrestle n college. I hope he redshirts his freshman year, and if that is the case I do not see many who will beat him his next four years. Sure it is a very bold homerish prediction, but I just see him being that good.

On a side note, my 10 year old son got to meet Chance at a club practice a bit ago. My son is one of the lesser skilled kids at this club(not that he is bad), plus he one of the youngest also. Anyway my son was in a group of 3 and was standing against the wall being the odd kid out. All the sudden Chance goes over to him and grabs him and takes him to the center mat and starts wrestling him. It was beyond cool for him to do that, my son was loving it! My son follows HS and College wrestling, he loves wrestling and knows all about Chance. After practice my son was too shy or embarrassed to ask for a pic with him, so my wife asked for him without my son knowing. Chance went right up to my son and joked to him and said "so you want to get a pic with me?" My son could not even speak, he just nodded yes. This was my first impression of Chance, and words can not describe the smile he put on my sons face. My son told all his family and friends and showed the pic to everyone. As crazy as this sounds, my 10 year old since then has improved rapidly and always asking to wrestle more and more. Thank you Chance.

Here's the story on his back injury and missing the Dapper:

http://highschoolsports.pennlive.com/ne ... our-weeks/

Sounds to me like he needed to get in that back brace ASAP.

Congratulations, Ryan, for sounding like a douche.

Chance LeBron Marstellar.

You are a big d-bag. Every post you make just shows how immature you are, I actually feel sorry for you. You can not make a post without showing your jealousy towards PA wrestlers, it is pathetic.

I hope Chance can stay healthy his entire college wrestling career,if so he will have a fantastic career. I was bummed when he switched from PSU to Okie State, but I will still root for him. This kid was beating state HS champs while he was in 7th and 8th grade, and beat numerous others while in HS along the way. I for one can not wait to see him wrestle n college. I hope he redshirts his freshman year, and if that is the case I do not see many who will beat him his next four years. Sure it is a very bold homerish prediction, but I just see him being that good.

On a side note, my 10 year old son got to meet Chance at a club practice a bit ago. My son is one of the lesser skilled kids at this club(not that he is bad), plus he one of the youngest also. Anyway my son was in a group of 3 and was standing against the wall being the odd kid out. All the sudden Chance goes over to him and grabs him and takes him to the center mat and starts wrestling him. It was beyond cool for him to do that, my son was loving it! My son follows HS and College wrestling, he loves wrestling and knows all about Chance. After practice my son was too shy or embarrassed to ask for a pic with him, so my wife asked for him without my son knowing. Chance went right up to my son and joked to him and said "so you want to get a pic with me?" My son could not even speak, he just nodded yes. This was my first impression of Chance, and words can not describe the smile he put on my sons face. My son told all his family and friends and showed the pic to everyone. As crazy as this sounds, my 10 year old since then has improved rapidly and always asking to wrestle more and more. Thank you Chance.

Glad to hear he's laying it on the line against a 10 year old.

Nice story Chasden. Best of luck to your son.

Nice story Chasden. Best of luck to your son.

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

BAC, what is your prediction for Marsteller's career?

Hard to say. My own guess would be 1-2 NCAA titles and a 3-4x AA, with 10-20 career losses, assuming he can stay healthy.

What's your prediction?

No prediction, superold?

BAC, what is your prediction for Marsteller's career?

Hard to say. My own guess would be 1-2 NCAA titles and a 3-4x AA, with 10-20 career losses, assuming he can stay healthy.

What's your prediction?

No prediction, superold?

Didn't you get my PM Bac?

Yes I got it, but all you said was that you were going to start a separate prediction thread. I don't recall you ever doing so, but either way I don't see why that should keep you from making a prediction here.

Not trying to be an ass, just genuinely curious to know your prediction.

Yes I got it, but all you said was that you were going to start a separate prediction thread. I don't recall you ever doing so, but either way I don't see why that should keep you from making a prediction here.

Not trying to be an ass, just genuinely curious to know your prediction.

You'll see it in due time BAC. I'm sending you another PM in a minute or two. Heads up.

Come on now superold, you shouldn't be calling out others to make predictions and then refusing to make them yourself! Thats not very sporting. :) I'll take your word for it that your prediction is forthcoming, though to be honest I'm puzzled about why you can't just write a sentence with your prediction now.