Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Valencia's commit this afternoon (link)

My guess is they choose to wrestle for the great coach Rob Koll at Cornell.

A-S-U

Just a wild assed guess.

choosing a school with another great coach in Zeke Jones wouldn't be a bad idea either. If I were Zeke I would have thrown them both full rides just to get two household names in right away and to let the rest of the country know that you mean bidness!

My guess is they choose to wrestle for the great coach Rob Koll at Cornell.

A-S-U

Just a wild assed guess.

choosing a school with another great coach in Zeke Jones wouldn't be a bad idea either. If I were Zeke I would have thrown them both full rides just to get two household names in right away and to let the rest of the country know that you mean bidness!

Two full rides for them would be a good idea for ASU. They get the program back on track with a bang.

A lot of Hawk fans saying black and gold on the twitter but I can't see it. What on earth are a couple of California kids, used to the beach, the sun shine, beautiful women, and a world class education going to do in Iowa? Cornel wont surprise me nor will ASU. I'm thinking Zeke's going to build something out west.

June 5th Corey Haddad (from Flo) tweeted that they committed to Arizona State. That tweet has been removed, but was it removed because it wasn't true or so Flo can make a show out of it? I got to go with the latter.

June 5th Corey Haddad (from Flo) tweeted that they committed to Arizona State. That tweet has been removed, but was it removed because it wasn't true or so Flo can make a show out of it? I got to go with the latter.

Yeah, gotta agree with this.

I'm guessing Purdue lost a potential oppertunity to get them (university linked to their coach) by not getting a bigger name hire. Ersland may end up bring a decent coach, but isn't in a place yet to convince the top teir guys to come it.

Guessing Zeke sold them on rebuilding the ASU program and bringing more respect to wrestling in the western US.

Being a California guy i have to say i like having them closer to home, but ASU was not the best choice.

I hope their schedule picks up and they get some good assistants.

Zeke was the OTC coach, but his team results on the college level were not something to write home about. He did coach the Jones' at West Virginia so maybe this might be a good thing for them. But in terms of training partners well, i think it will take time for ASU to develop those for them.

Good Luck Boys

Zeke did a pretty good job as an assistant at ASU. ASU had a smaller budget and old wrestling room then. Now they have a bigger budget and the much larger and newer wrestling room. The Valencia brothers already wrestle for Sunkist, so they will be set.

ASU should have hired Zeke instead of Thom Ortiz, then ASU would have never been in this mess. I'm going to be a "snowbird" a couple of months a year in the Valley starting in mid-December. It will be good to see ASU being coached by someone I know personally and respect. This has been a long nightmare for Sun Devil fans.

Anyone know how the academics at ASU are? I mean, the girls are hot, the parties are great, it's in a prime location, is heavily endowed, they have the Sunkist Kids club there, and they just got Zeke Jones as the head coach.. seems like a great college choice for most kids if the academics are on par.

Anyone know how the academics at ASU are? I mean, the girls are hot, the parties are great, it's in a prime location, is heavily endowed, they have the Sunkist Kids club there, and they just got Zeke Jones as the head coach.. seems like a great college choice for most kids if the academics are on par.

It is only one publication's opinion, but U.S. News & World Reports ranks them as the #142 National University, a spot they share with the likes of Oklahoma State, Oregon State, and Rutgers.

In terms of where they fall against fellow Pac-12 schools, here is the breakdown:

*Stanford: #5 National

*Oregon State: #142 National

*Cal Poly: #9 Western Regional University

*Boise State: #65 Western Regional University

*Cal Bakersfield: #90 Western Regional University

If you consider that Cornell, Penn State, and Nebraska were also believed to be in the running, here is how they ranked:

*Cornell: #16 National

*Penn State: #37 National

*Nebraska: #101 National

I've been in the professional world a long time and never once has the educational ranking of a nationally recognized university come into question.

All colleges teach pretty much the same thing unless you want to specialize in something like the engineering program at MIT it doesn't much matter where you go. Snobs wish to think otherwise but when it comes right down to it if you've got the knowledge you get the job. Math is math, lit is lit, bio is bio, et al.

I'll say the same thing I say to everybody, "It's not where you get your education, it's what you make of it."

A lot of Hawk fans saying black and gold on the twitter but I can't see it. What on earth are a couple of California kids, used to the beach, the sun shine, beautiful women, and a world class education going to do in Iowa? Cornel wont surprise me nor will ASU. I'm thinking Zeke's going to build something out west.

Cletus what Hawk fans do you follow on twitter that were saying that? I follow A LOT of Hawkeye wrestling fans I've met over the last couple years and every beat writer/blogger for them and I don't think I saw one person predict them to be Hawks. A couple said they 'Wish they would be Hawks" but not one individual made that prediction on my feed anyway.