Sign in to follow this  
IronChef

Sonnen fails another drug test. Will Flo stop promoting him?

They tell the guy to get off his meds so he complies. He takes the meds required to come off the original meds and they pop him for it. No common sense that if you make him go off, there's a medical process to follow in order to do it properly? If an exception should ever apply in testing related issues, this is exactly the type of situation where it should be applicable. Is the guy trying to game the system here or is he getting off the meds as told to do so and simply following the medical process to do so?

What happens if you suffer a broken nose and the commission suspends you until it's fixed. So you have surgery (out of competition) and they test you the following day, pretty sure they're going to find pain killers in your system. Does that constitute breaking the rules also?

Any endocrinologist in the country would prescribe exactly what sonnen was taking if someone is stopping Trt. So now he is kicked out of his fight because he's taking some drugs to attempt to get his system working somewhat normal after being dependent on exogenous test for years. The guy can't win.

The AC banned trt which he was approved to be using and at the time was legit. Then he is told to stop and they can't cut the guy some slack to get his body right. Stopping cold turkey isn't healthy and wouldn't be the opinion of any medical professional.

"Will Flo stop promoting him?"

:?

when did flo promote him?

You guys do a lot of things right, and I happily pay for FloPro, but giving this guy a forum and treating him like an expert after failed drug tests, racist comments, and a money laundering conviction is a big miss.

"Will Flo stop promoting him?"

:?

when did flo promote him?

Well Husker I haven't visited the site as much lately, but a couple of years back Chael was frequently 'Featured' on the website. Oh, this isn't "promoting" him you say, well how about this (and I have all correspondences to back this up):

A couple years back I attempted to post a comment on a Chael Sonnen 'promotion' video simply stating that I believed there were better guys out there to promote to kids and that Sonnen is a convicted felon and admitted user of performance enhancers. Every time I tried to enter this post and I tried several different versions, none having any bad language or lies about mr. Sonnen, I would get a message saying something to the effect of my post had been sent for review and would be posted if it was deemed acceptable. My posts would never appear. So, any kind of censorship usually sets me in a bad mood so I started with emails and other methods of contact just to try and find out what was so unacceptable about my comments and here is the comment I finally got back, Martin: "ya! I'm a communist! Lol, Actually we empower the community to remove troll comments." Simple childish retort which seems to be day one training for most flo employees as I never insinuated that he was a communist as I was only requesting to know why I was not able to post my OPINION on his site.

If there is any of this you doubt I can supply exact copies of what I was trying to post, the emails to flo, tweets, etc. So if strategically not allowing posts that shed Sonnen in a negative light is not promoting him, then yeah, I guess your right, I see your point, they don't promote him. ?

So Husker you can choose your spots where you defend your employer, but in this case there seem to be holes in your knowledge.

As per bloody elbow Sonnen just retired.

I don't blame the guy for coming off trt by using other meds, but you need to be open about it. Disclose what you are taking and if they won't lisence you, then fine. Seems Chael didn't want to risk it and just went the "hope they don't check" route which is clearly against the rules. Or he's just doping. Either way, not cool.

The Gaming Commission did screw Sonnen. I don't believe that they should have allowed the rampant TRT in the first place, but since they made this mess they should have given him a grace period, replacement plan or something during the transitional period.

Is this timeline correct?

August 7, 2010 - Fail drug test due to TRT.

--- Served a year long suspension for doping ----

October 8, 2011 - Returns to the UFC. Presumably passes a drug test.

November 16, 2013 - Fights Rashad Evans in NV. Presumably passes a drug test.

June, 2014 - Fails drug test due to withdrawing from TRT

When was he supposed to have been on legit TRT?

Is this timeline correct?

August 7, 2010 - Fail drug test due to TRT.

--- Served a year long suspension for doping ----

October 8, 2011 - Returns to the UFC. Presumably passes a drug test.

November 16, 2013 - Fights Rashad Evans in NV. Presumably passes a drug test.

June, 2014 - Fails drug test due to withdrawing from TRT

When was he supposed to have been on legit TRT?

IIRC, after he failed the first test in 2010, the Gaming Commission and the UFC sancitoned his TRT.