Sign in to follow this  
superold

Edinboro: 2015 NCAA team champions?

Maybe you're right leshishmore. I don't see how this matters however.

ha that is funny. There are a ton of other PA schools that recruits would pick as their first option if you only want a PA school. Penn State, Lehigh, Pittsburgh all have a ton more resources and don't get the lake effect snow. Bucknell's new facility will be huge for recruiting too.

A wrestling AD is cool but even with him going to bat for wrestling the other schools are able to give their wrestling programs a lot more.

Have you ever been to Edinboro?

And Penn State and Lehigh are also good jobs Dutchcountry. I didn't deny that. Surely you agree that there can be more than one good coaching job out there?

If you consider Edinboro to be a top job in the country then you much consider 40-50 jobs at D1 programs as being top jobs right? Do you think more than half of the jobs are good jobs?

Do you think anyone in the good jobs has what is needed to win a title and become a great coach? Is Iowa State a good job? Would Cael have won titles at Edinboro? Or is Cael only great because Penn State gave him what was needed to become what you say is great?

I would ask you to list all of the good jobs but I think that list would be too long for you to take the time to type out.

Less than 2% of Penn State's Athletic Budget is allocated to Wrestling.

Nearly 10% of Edinboro's Athletic Budget is allocated to Wrestling.

Penn State spends four times as much resources on wrestling than Edinboro.

Having a wrestler as an Athletic Director probably helps Edinboro when compared to places like Bloomsburg, Clarion, and Lock Haven but does little to make them anywhere near being competitive with the likes of the Big Ten.

Flynn has his work cut out for him. How many more years do we have to hear about the limited resources? Flynn has been there 17 years now. I believe coaches should bear more responsibility when it comes to what they do and don't have when it comes to resources.

Don't fall for the line superold is feeding you. If Edinboro finishes top5 it will still be a special accomplishment.

I disagree that simply finishing top 5 is a special accomplishment. They took 5th last year and are in a better position preseason than they were a year ago. I believe we should expect Edinboro to improve on their top 5 finish. You seem to be saying that falling outside of the top 5 wouldn't necessarily be a failure for the Edinboro wrestling program next year. Am I understanding you correctly?

Yes, you understand me perfectly. Simply put, Edinboro should not be ABLE to compete with PSU, Iowa, Minnesota and OkState ANY YEAR. The recent things Cornell and Ohio State have done adds 2 more teams that Edinboro can't compete with. They all are high profile schools with high profile Athletic Departments. They all have RTC's. They all have full funding. They all have high profile head coaches and assistants. Recruits know about them before they even get a visit.

It is a TRUE TESTAMENT to Flynn and, somewhat indirectly, Baumgartner that Edinboro is able to sneak into the fringe of the teams mentioned above.

The funny thing is superold knows all of this......

If you consider Edinboro to be a top job in the country then you much consider 40-50 jobs at D1 programs as being top jobs right? Do you think more than half of the jobs are good jobs?

I'm not answering all of these questions dutchcountry, it's off topic. Off topic questions directed towards me have no guarantee of being answered. Just a heads up.

Without getting really scientific about coming up with the list, I'd put Edinboro in the top 15-20 coaching jobs right now. With that said, I expect the head wrestling coaches to build their programs over time.

The funny thing is superold knows all of this

Just for the record, if you are implying that I consider what you said to be a convincing argument about why Edinboro shouldn't be held to the standard of being a championship team next year, then you're wrong MSU158.

I simply wonder why Edinboro doesn't have some of the very things that you just mentioned.

It is a TRUE TESTAMENT to Flynn and, somewhat indirectly, Baumgartner that Edinboro is able to sneak into the fringe of the teams mentioned above.

I don't deny that Flynn has done some good things at Edinboro. I give him credit for that.

Less than 2% of Penn State's Athletic Budget is allocated to Wrestling.

Nearly 10% of Edinboro's Athletic Budget is allocated to Wrestling.

Penn State spends four times as much resources on wrestling than Edinboro.

Having a wrestler as an Athletic Director probably helps Edinboro when compared to places like Bloomsburg, Clarion, and Lock Haven but does little to make them anywhere near being competitive with the likes of the Big Ten.

Edinboro has a 15 million dollar endowment! thats a rounding error!

this thread is hilarious. especially with superold blocked. its just post after post of people dumping all over some person who's responses i'm not even reading.

Superold told me he could get three pages of responses to yet another thread about whether Tim Flynn is a great coach. I said people aren't that stupid.

You win, Superold.

Please don't lie about me PhiferFuqua. I told you no such thing. I have not spoken to you outside of our posts to each other on these public boards for everyone to see.

I'd appreciate it if you told these people the truth. Too many people already accuse me of being a troll for no good reason.

Too many people already accuse me of being a troll for no good reason.

Now THAT is the funniest thing I have ever read on here :lol: :o :roll:

I challenge you to give a good reason that is backed up by solid evidence. Will you finally be able to step up to the plate? I doubt it.

I'd appreciate it if you told these people the truth. Too many people already accuse me of being a troll for no good reason.

If you aren't a troll then you are one of the bigger losers that I have seen on these boards in a while. And that is truly an accomplishment.

Has anyone seen the Edinboro big 3 compete this offseason? Or anyone from the Edinboro wrestling team?

When is the last time a group of Edinboro wrestlers were seen at an "offseason" tournament? I'm very curious.

I almost always notice that there is a group from PSU, Iowa, Minnesota, and Okie State at the big offseason tournaments.

Now you're just helping everyone make their case. That requires funding my friend. Something of which, as you have been told, Edinboro struggles with.

I was simply asking a question.

I don't see how I'm helping making their case when I already said that I hold coaches responsible for funding.

Now you're just helping everyone make their case. That requires funding my friend. Something of which, as you have been told, Edinboro struggles with.

I don't see how I'm helping making their case when I already said that I hold coaches responsible for funding.

You do realize that Cael wasn't responsible for his funding situation, he was the result of it.

I don't. It isn't the coach that manages the department or school funding that is someone higher up the chain.

But I do hold the coach responsible for the criminal charges against their athletes. So some of the ones you call great coaches I think are subpar.

I don't. It isn't the coach that manages the department or school funding that is someone higher up the chain.

But I do hold the coach responsible for the criminal charges against their athletes. So some of the ones you call great coaches I think are subpar.

Who are the coaches that I call great that you consider supbar?

Edit: I believe that coaches should be more hands on when it comes to funding. Funding is a part of a great coaches job imo.

Who are the coaches that I call great that you consider supbar?

Sure. Right after you answer me.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=502332&start=40#p866361

Edit: I believe that coaches should be more hands on when it comes to funding. Funding is a part of a great coaches job imo.

More hands on? You don't think Flynn has been hands on enough? You must spend more time with him than I have since I don't know if he spends any less time with fundraising than Brands or Zalesky who you say are great coached.

But I guess that's why Sunderland is such a great coach. He was able build the program to secure the funding needed to hire Sanderson in from his alma mater.

Answer what?

More hands on? You don't think Flynn has been hands on enough?

I'm not entirely sure how hands on he's been. I like to focus on the results. The result is he's behind in funding in comparison to the top programs. I put a large part of that on his shoulders.

But I guess that's why Sunderland is such a great coach. He was able build the program to secure the funding needed to hire Sanderson in from his alma mater.

Sunderland is not a great coach imo. I never said that he was.

Answer what?

More hands on? You don't think Flynn has been hands on enough?

I'm not entirely sure how hands on he's been. I like to focus on the results. The result is he's behind in funding in comparison to the top programs. I put a large part of that on his shoulders.

Sunderland is not a great coach imo. I never said that he was.

This. This makes you a troll. Your purposeful disregard for reading comprehension. He posted a link to several direct questions, that, to this point you have not answered. Here they are, since your computer lacks the ability to access hyperlinks:

Do you think anyone in the good jobs has what is needed to win a title and become a great coach? Is Iowa State a good job? Would Cael have won titles at Edinboro? Or is Cael only great because Penn State gave him what was needed to become what you say is great?

Feel free to answer any of these. Go ahead. We'll wait.