Sign in to follow this  
wessegar

Stieber vs. Pico

I know that freestyle is completely different from folk, but I cannot help but think, after Pico's domination over Retherford TWICE, that Stieber and Pico would be a match for the ages.

(also note, different weight classes, but that has just been a recent move by Stieber)

Thoughts?

Stieber is a tweener right now. His body may change, but if it doesn't , he is going to have a very hard beating Russell, Oliver & Metcalf --- let alone Pico.

Maybe he commits to 61KG for next year and gives his body another year to become grow into 65KG.

WHere Pico lands weight wise is yet to be seen. Seems like it would be 65KG, but he is young. But with the champ, Dake & Taylor at 74, he has reason to try to stay at 65KG.

**************2013: Third in U.S. World Team Trials… ************Fourth in U.S. Open…

2012: Ziolkowski International champion… **********Second in U.S. Olympic Team Trials…

2011: Second in Junior World Championships…*********** Fourth in U.S. World Team Trials…

2010: Sixth in U.S. Open…

2009: Fourth in U.S. World Team Trials… Third in U.S. Nationals…

Steiber....far superior

**************2013: Third in U.S. World Team Trials… ************Fourth in U.S. Open…

2012: Ziolkowski International champion… **********Second in U.S. Olympic Team Trials…

2011: Second in Junior World Championships…*********** Fourth in U.S. World Team Trials…

2010: Sixth in U.S. Open…

2009: Fourth in U.S. World Team Trials… Third in U.S. Nationals…

Steiber....far superior

Hmm...... yeah Steiber has more credentials but last I checked wrestling matches are decided on the mat. I don't follow the sport as close as I used to so have they changed the rules to decide matches by credentials only now?

That said I do think Steiber has the edge, I suspect the match would be close and it is an interesting match up.