Sign in to follow this  
Zebra

Ohio information please

I may be moving to Dayton Oh for a new job. It is on the north side and I figure to live on that side of town within 20 minutes of there.

What schools are in the area with decent coaching. Division is not relevant to me as I'm not a big school only snob.

Best coaching in the Dayton area is at national power St. Paris Graham, about a 40 minute drive north of Dayton. Could be a bit of a drive, but if you lived north of Dayton a bit it would help cut the drive down, you won't find better coaching or a better room in all of Ohio. Another good option in Dayton is at Dayton Christian which is south of Dayton about 15 minutes, but it is a D3 power with good coaching. Those are probably your 2 best options that come immediately to my mind.

Thanks,

I was able to do a breakdown of all the schools in the 4 counties within a 20ish minute drive of the potential job.

I was able to find these schools for further evaluation. I based this on the number of state qualifiers and the weights which they qualified.

County School Division Qualifiers Weights

Montgomery CENTERVILLE 1 3 113, 160, 285

Montgomery KETTERING FAIRMONT 1 3 120, 126, 195

Greene BELLBROOK 2 3 126, 145, 160

Miami COVINGTON 3 5 126 ,132, 152, 170, 195

Montgomery DAYTON CHRISTIAN 3 8 106, 113, 120, 126, 138, 145, 152, 285

Centerville is a nice area. Covington is a dump.

Personally I'd rather drive a few minutes longer and get out of the city limits. Dayton Christian and the surrounding area is questionable.

Also consider Troy Christian, which is only minutes North of Dayton on Interstate 75.

Miamisburg High School is coached by Willie Wineberg - 4X OHSAA State Champ and R12 at Purdue. Centerville has a good FB and wrestling program. Dayton Christian is a great DIII School (but it is private). Troy Christian is coached by Ty Morgan 3X OHSAA Champ and MAC Champ. St Paris Graham is always a national powerhouse and is coached by 4X OHSAA Champ Jeff Jordan. There are other schools with good programs, but these would have to be the top right now.

Miamisburg High School is coached by Willie Wineberg - 4X OHSAA State Champ and R12 at Purdue. Centerville has a good FB and wrestling program. Dayton Christian is a great DIII School (but it is private). Troy Christian is coached by Ty Morgan 3X OHSAA Champ and MAC Champ. St Paris Graham is always a national powerhouse and is coached by 4X OHSAA Champ Jeff Jordan. There are other schools with good programs, but these would have to be the top right now.

Willie Wineberg no longer coaches at Miamisburg. He will be coaching at a wrestling club in South Dayton called Prodigy.

Troy Christian is really down right now. One of the few incoming kids is thinking of transferring because of the lack of partners in the room.

There seems to be a database issue and I can receive a PM but get some form of error when I reply.

If the people wanting to discuss this via PM put their e-mail in a PM to me I can contact you that way.

There seems to be a database issue and I can receive a PM but get some form of error when I reply.

If the people wanting to discuss this via PM put their e-mail in a PM to me I can contact you that way.

I get the same error when I reply, but when I check it, the message goes through. I received your PM and sent you a reply, so you should get that.

borofanohio.net and yappi.com are already ranking/discussing individuals and teams for next year (admittedly way too early for reliable info). St. Paris Graham has a much discussed frosh class coming in and, depending how weights shake out, could make a run at a national title. Dayton Christian supposedly will have a few incoming transfers (Lacure, A. Hoskins, Svarda) and a couple excellent frosh (T. Hoskins, Carr) to challenge Delta for D3 supremacy. Boro Fan's pre-pre-season rankings have DC with 7 kids ranked in the top 4 at their weight in D3.