Sign in to follow this  
Tofurky

Cory Cooperman

Is his new name going to be Cory Hensen?

Cory Kolat might be closer.

[highlight=#ebeadd]I was waiting to hear more definitively but I picked "Cory Kolat" for more than just name similarity. I won't go into too many details (I don't know many is the main reason) but it is a private job in the business sector which in part also involves club-type coaching in Maryland. This is what Cary was doing for the last few years before he moved to NC.[/highlight]

I think this type situation is made to order for Coop (even though he has shown himself to be able to coach successfully at any level)

Guest Hammerlock3
I was just chatting to a buddy that it would be great if he came back to Ithaca. He is a fantastic mat coach. The Cornell crew wasn't quite the same after he left.

sounds like lip service to me. The guy can't hold a job.

Is his new name going to be Cory Hensen?

Cory Kolat might be closer.

I was waiting to hear more definitively but I picked "Cory Kolat" for more than just name similarity. I won't go into too many details (I don't know many is the main reason) but it is a private job in the business sector which in part also involves club-type coaching in Maryland. This is what Cary was doing for the last few years before he moved to NC.

I think this type situation is made to order for Coop (even though he has shown himself to be able to coach successfully at any level)

Guest Hammerlock3

To me, the evidence that Cooperman is a great coach seems mostly anecdotal.

Guest Hammerlock3

unless he dyed his hair red and beat mike poeta your post makes little sense.

Hammerlock 3 you never have anything nice on any forum to say on Coop. He was a 4 time national champ for Blair ,3time AA for Lehigh, Helped Cornell,Rutgers and Illinois to better their standings as teams and if you ask Jordon Leen who helped him to become a national champ I guarantee you it will be Cooperman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO on you!

So where is " flew-the-coop-er-man" landing!?
Flew the Coop, Henson Kolat, Why do people care so much when someone betters their career even if its every other year?Cooperman has gotten one job offer better then the next and thus has followed in the path of success.He will be in the business world in Maryland which will include wrestling .Best of luck Coach Coop!

He won't be Peter Galli's personal coach ala Meltzer/Teague as Peter will be a freshman at Stanford next year. Joe Galli employs a lot of wrestlers at Milwaukee Tools and the youth/ club scene is exploding in Maryland.

Rameses

I think the college asst. gig must be a grind!

I think this fact goes without enough appreciation on these forums. They are the mat coaches, day to day coaches, responsible for the wrestlers on campus and in the classroom, responsible for the wrestler's weight and habit towards that, and probably do a significant amount of recruiting as well.

Beyond a full time job by a long shot.