Sign in to follow this  
tommygun

Dardanes Bros Moving Down

Also rumblings of some other things...stay tuned. I am sworn to secrecy so unfortunately I can only tease.

Great moves for both the team and nick and Chris ... Cd is a title threat at 133 IMO

UNICEF is setting up a permanent aid station on campus?

:P

Seriously though, on paper this certainly makes sense as it gets Short in the lineup and puts the Dardanes brothers at weights were they could score a lot at nationals. However C. Dardanes was having issue making 133 before adding some size and moving up and Branc was having serious issues holding weight last year. N. Dardanes should be ok going back to 141 but even he will need to drop some of the size he put on for 149. If these guys can hold these lower weights and perform up to their capabilities, this could make Minnesota the front runner next year. It could also backfire and create a mess at the lower weights for the Gophers. It will be interesting to follow.

The one thing that keeps me from making tOSU the clear favorite is that they are going to be relying on a few guy that have yet to wrestle a college match to place very high at nationals.

That being said, they do have a very intriguing lineup and could have a huge year.

The team title will be in play next year with PSU coming back to the pack at least a little bit. MN and OSU should both challenge.

125 Brancale vs Tomasello- I would expect Tomasello to outpoint Brancale at NCAAs.

133 C Dardanes vs DiJulius- I prefer Dardanes here, but DiJulius bonus point potential could narrow gap.

141 N Dardanes vs L Stieber- Logan will likely win it all. Dardanes in the 2-5 range.

149 Short vs H Stieber- Hunter may also win it all. It believe Short will push R12-low AA.

157 Ness vs Demas- Ness will likely finish a little higher and rack up more bonus.

165 Kingsley/Ortiz/Wanzek vs B Jordan- Appears to be a nice advantage for OSU.

174 Storely vs Martin- Storely is a legit title threat. Martin could push for low AA.

184 Pfarr vs Courts- About dead even in my eyes.

197 Schiller vs Snyder- About dead even in my eyes.

HVY Kroells vs Tavanello- About dead even in my eyes.

It looks super close to me. Any significant surprise for better or worse for either team will likely account for the difference. It should be a great dual meet as well.

157 Ness vs Demas- Ness will likely finish a little higher and rack up more bonus.

Considering that Ness is a 3x AA placing 2,4,2 and that Demas may not even be the starter that is a master of understatement.

I hope this works out for both, but both are pretty stoutly built kids, and Chris has been suffering from a string of injuries, it seems like, which I don't know if a bigger cut is going to do that any favors. Hope I'm wrong, I like watching both of these kids wrestle. Hardnosed brawlers.

Where do their brothers wrestle at?

More tricky wordplay from ban! Didn't he recently try to use twisty rhetorical games to welch on a bet?

What bet? We never agreed on any terms of the bet, aside from the original one that Iput forth, then Bob changed it in midstream.

What wordplay was I playing, by the way? :?:

Cue flatbrain...NOW!

Also rumblings of some other things...stay tuned. I am sworn to secrecy so unfortunately I can only tease.

Great moves for both the team and nick and Chris ... Cd is a title threat at 133 IMO

Somebody getting surgery? Does that redshirt him next year? Will see

The team title will be in play next year with PSU coming back to the pack at least a little bit. MN and OSU should both challenge.

125 Brancale vs Tomasello- I would expect Tomasello to outpoint Brancale at NCAAs.

133 C Dardanes vs DiJulius- I prefer Dardanes here, but DiJulius bonus point potential could narrow gap.

141 N Dardanes vs L Stieber- Logan will likely win it all. Dardanes in the 2-5 range.

149 Short vs H Stieber- Hunter may also win it all. It believe Short will push R12-low AA.

165 Kingsley/Ortiz/Wanzek vs B Jordan- Appears to be a nice advantage for OSU.

174 Storely vs Martin- Storely is a legit title threat. Martin could push for low AA.

184 Pfarr vs Courts- About dead even in my eyes.

197 Schiller vs Snyder- About dead even in my eyes.

HVY Kroells vs Tavanello- About dead even in my eyes.

It looks super close to me. Any significant surprise for better or worse for either team will likely account for the difference. It should be a great dual meet as well.

You have OSU rated higher than Minnesota already, and that does not include them being rated higher at 197 which I would do.

We hear this all the time about some wrestler managing to slide into an "uncomfortable" weight so that the lineup is solidified. Sometimes it looks great on paper but in reality, it simply isn't feasible - sometimes a kid just can't make the cut. I suspect that that might be the situation with the Dardanes - that's a whole lot of expectations for the smaller one.

That said, MN has a tradition of putting some awfully lean guys on the mat; maybe they have some pixey dust that shrinks people by a weight class or so.

That said, MN has a tradition of putting some awfully lean guys on the mat; maybe they have some pixey dust that shrinks people by a weight class or so.

With no inside knowledge at all, I assume that MN wrestlers hibernate for the first half of winter in order to burn off fat reserves stored in summer. This allows them to make weight in February and March.