Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

Walter Peppelman wrestling this weekend at Keystone?

^^^Walter Peppelman is NOT currently enrolled at Harvard, thus, will not be competing for Harvard this fall semester. YES, Walter Peppelman, of course, plans to re-enroll for the spring semester, so he then can conclude his Harvard wrestling eligibility, wrestle in the important second-semester dual meets, the 2013 EIWA's and the 2013 NCAA Tournament. Yes, it's a bit odd to be ranking a wrestler who is not enrolled. Best of everything to Walter Peppelman spring semester!!

Ivy needs to just waiver some of these rules for sports...

Patriot League has the same rules... which is why the EIWA teams don't want the league to sponsor wrestling.

http://www.lehighsports.com/assets/info ... PLElig.pdf

“Athletic redshirting” (holding a student out of competition as an underclassman for the express purpose of saving a year of NCAA eligibility for a fifth year of enrollment) is prohibited.

^^^PINNUM, I though it was interesting, earlier this month, that the EIWA, by coaches voting, ranked Walter Peppelman #1 at 157, even though they apparently knew he was not enrolled at Harvard. I guess I'd prefer that the EIWA and other ranking services, that decide to rank guys who are not enrolled, at least note that they are not enrolled.

Peppelman isn't ranked by AWN (he was in the preseason, but was removed once competition started).

Pipe,

I'd suggest you take up the EIWA ranking issue with the EIWA folks. We've addressed it on our end. It's like the fourth time you've brought it up on various boards.

^^^My comment was that the EIWA ranked someone who was not enrolled. I'm no longer really much interested in the EIWA's ranking rules. If the EIWA ranks guys who are not enrolled, I find that interesting for forum posting, esp on this string. Thank you, -Allen Brown

^^^My comment was that the EIWA ranked someone who was not enrolled. I'm no longer really much interested in the EIWA's ranking rules. If the EIWA ranks guys who are not enrolled, I find that interesting for forum posting, esp on this string. Thank you, -Allen Brown

Interesting maybe the first time it was posted ... doesn't always bear repeating.

^^^I like the way Earl Smith/D1CW makes notes at bottom of his rankings, for example, clearly noting Walter Peppelman's status; here's a copy of D1CW recent 157-pound Div I rankings-

157 LBS NCAA Rankings

1. Derek St. John-Iowa (Jr)

2. Dylan Alton-Penn State (So)

3. Jason Welch-Northwestern (Sr)

4. James Fleming-Clarion (Sr)

5. James Green-Nebraska (So)

6. Jesse Dong-Virginia Tech (Sr)

7. Frank Hickman-Bloomsburg (Sr)

8. Scott Winston-Rutgers (Sr)

9. RJ Pena-Oregon State (Jr)

10. Matt Lester-Oklahoma (Jr)

11. Jake O'Hara-Columbia (Sr)

12. David Bonin-Northern Iowa (Sr)

13. Josh Kreimier-Air Force (Jr)

14. Kyle Bradley-Missouri (Jr)

15. George Ivanov-Boise State (Sr)

16. Taylor Walsh-Indiana (So)

17. John Nicholson-Old Dominion (Jr)

18. David Cheza-Michigan State (Sr)

19. Josh Demas-Ohio State (So)

20. Craig Eifert-Cornell (Jr)

21. Tommy Churchard-Purdue (Sr)

22. Alex Dieringer-Oklahoma State (Fr)

23. Bobby Barnhisel-Navy (Sr)

24. Aaron Sulzer-Eastern Michigan (Sr)

25. Jedd Moore-Virginia (Sr)

Possible Redshirt-Ian Miller (Kent State)

Possible Redshirt-Corey Mock (North Carolina)

Out 1st Semester-Walter Peppelman (Harvard)

Stove_Pipe

I agree. If a kid is not enrolled in college, he shouldn't be ranked. At the very least, there should be an asterisk. I'm not sure why someone would have a problem with you posting your opinion about this here.

No problem with posting one's opinion, but opining on the opinion on multiple boards and threads seems to make people believe there's a bone to pick with either the EIWA ranking folks or ranking folks from other outlets.

I've read this no less than three times -- if you're reading it for the first time, you don't understand why it's bothersome. Clearly an agenda reading between the lines (and repetitive threads).

Stove_Pipe

I agree. If a kid is not enrolled in college, he shouldn't be ranked. At the very least, there should be an asterisk. I'm not sure why someone would have a problem with you posting your opinion about this here.

No problem with posting one's opinion, but opining on the opinion on multiple boards and threads seems to make people believe there's a bone to pick with either the EIWA ranking folks or ranking folks from other outlets.

I've read this no less than three times -- if you're reading it for the first time, you don't understand why it's bothersome. Clearly an agenda reading between the lines (and repetitive threads).

With all due respect...you've got to be f'ing kidding me. And you had no problem with 57000 repetitive threads on Metcalf, Taylor, Dake, etc.? Who's got the agenda?

Jason you are so passive aggressive over the computer,I wonder if you would act and talk to people this way face to face.?

I'm still confused on how the passive-aggressive attack I was calling out has been turned in my direction. So I'm the bad guy because someone makes repeated thinly-veiled attacks on several different outlets (and the folks who do said rankings) and I call them out -- knowing fully well said culprit is associated with other rankings?

I tried addressing it on one board and it spilled over here with the same message. I don't think it's passive aggressive for calling out an attempt to undermine others' work.

PM me if you've got any specific questions.

Stove Pipe, thanks for posting this information, I had not read it anywhere so it was the first time I read it thanks.

JB, seriously were you/are you having a bad day? Who are you to control what a guy brings up on one message board that you no longer run? Seriously who are you to say what he should or shouldn't post? I mean, you just have to get the last word in and be the one that was right, right? Then someone calls you out and you give them a "wah" like you are a middle school girl? What the?

It may be repetitive to you because you hang out in message boards all day. I don't read other message boards so I appreciated the discussion and information. Why is that so wrong?

Holy moly!