Sign in to follow this  
Holden C.

Junior Duals Greco

Some of the line-ups have been released on Track. As no surprise IL has the most seeding pts. It does not look like an unbeatable IL team though. Utah looks tough, the host OK looks very tough and my pick to give IL all they can handle is MN.

Oklahoma just beat Illinois 34-32 in Greco, despite Keegan Moore and Joe Smith getting teched. Chandler Rogers and the Dixon triplets all won to give them the win. When I moved back here in 2008, Archie Randall said they were happy to win one dual meet in Greco. Congrats to the coaches and kids. Now we get to our style freestyle. I think Illinois's run is about to end.

Oklahoma just beat Illinois 34-32 in Greco, despite Keegan Moore and Joe Smith getting teched. Chandler Rogers and the Dixon triplets all won to give them the win. When I moved back here in 2008, Archie Randall said they were happy to win one dual meet in Greco. Congrats to the coaches and kids. Now we get to our style freestyle. I think Illinois's run is about to end.

If Illinois and Oklahoma wrestle that dual 10 times in Greco, OK pulls out one. That was the one.

All matches in a dual count but OK won 3 key matches that any other day they don't (in Greco anyway)

106 was rematch from earlier this month that IL Fila Cadet World team member got a tech in. OK wins this time

113 OK hits early arm throw for 4 then allowed to run for 4 minutes. IL had a chance with straight lift that kid was succesful with last 2 days but only completed 75-85% of it so no score. IL had the better greco wrestler on the mat but today wasn't his day.

182 IL Fila Cadet World team member up by 6 and seemed to be on the way to a tech gets headlocked and pinned. (This was the dual)

I was surprised by the outcome of OK over IL and MI over MN. I expected OK and MI to bring it in FS but thought it would be an IL v MN greco final. It was a perfect storm for OK and they capitalized with the above, and by winning the close ones.

Oklahoma just lost to MI in the final. Michigan was throttled by Illinois yesterday (even without forfeits it would not have been close).

Wow Michigan wins the Greco title without a lot of their top seniors to be? 7 of the top 9 seniors according to MichiganGrappler, no Massa/Limmex/Colegrove/Arthur/Skatzka etc. Illinois was still the best team there, despite the loss IMO. Michigan probably would have lost to them by a decent amount but getting throttled the 1st day was very deceiving as it wasn't just the 4 forfeits but also putting backups in, starters bumping up weights, and not wrestling Wildmo/Weaver/Hall/Freeman/Lajoie/Johnson/Olson/Oliver. Really only 2 or 3 starters wrestled at their correct weights vs Illinois. Clearly that was a punt the first time to get on the opposite side of the bracket as Illinois/Oklahoma and not giving Illinois 2 shots to see the lineup/wrestlers.

All of the teams were missing top kids. MI avoided showing hand early in anticipation of finals rematch. But win or lose in the day 1 pool final they would have been on the opposite side of IL day 2. I think they actually had a tougher time in day 2 pools than they would have if they beat IL. They had to grind out 3 tough duals against UT, MN and MD to make the finals. I give them credit for coming through that meat grinder and having enough left in the tank to polish off OK.

If Illinois and Oklahoma wrestle that dual 10 times in Greco, OK pulls out one. That was the one.

All matches in a dual count but OK won 3 key matches that any other day they don't (in Greco anyway)

106 was rematch from earlier this month that IL Fila Cadet World team member got a tech in. OK wins this time

113 OK hits early arm throw for 4 then allowed to run for 4 minutes. IL had a chance with straight lift that kid was succesful with last 2 days but only completed 75-85% of it so no score. IL had the better greco wrestler on the mat but today wasn't his day.

182 IL Fila Cadet World team member up by 6 and seemed to be on the way to a tech gets headlocked and pinned. (This was the dual)

I was surprised by the outcome of OK over IL and MI over MN. I expected OK and MI to bring it in FS but thought it would be an IL v MN greco final. It was a perfect storm for OK and they capitalized with the above, and by winning the close ones.

Oklahoma just lost to MI in the final. Michigan was throttled by Illinois yesterday (even without forfeits it would not have been close).

Lol @ this crap! Ha! You must be the Illinoiis mat mom. Oklahoma beats them 7/10 matches based on what I've seen and I've seen it all

probably the most shamefully homer post ever. wow.

Can't wait to hear the excuses for freestyle. 35 points in one match. lol

No excuses. They got smacked against Michigan in FS.

BTW I can be a homer but there were no excuses in the previous post. Kids lost matches/kids won matches.

*I forgot to thank you for all of your positive contributions to the on line community. Keep enlightening us all with your wisdom and positive posts.

Lol @ this crap! Ha! You must be the Illinoiis mat mom. Oklahoma beats them 7/10 matches based on what I've seen and I've seen it all

Yeah, that dual came down to 1 match. OK won all the close ones, a kid beats a kid that teched him recently and a kid being dominated in a match gets a pin... all this comes together 7 out of 10 times.