Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

If Dylan Ness wins a National Title this upcoming season...

.....would you consider his career to be better than Jayson's?

Without looking at their NCAA finishes it would seem that Jayson was more consistent and dominant. However, Jayson finished 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 1st while Dylan would have 3 finals appearances finishing 2nd, 4th, 2nd, 1st*. I know it is a big if, but since DI wrestlers are barely measured by anything other than NCAA finishes, it would be hard to put Jayson above Dylan.

Thoughts?

With your scenario of Dylan winning this year I would call it about even if just based on straight placement. 1st are a league of their own with both brother getting one. 2nd and 3rd are close to the same with both brother having two. And 4th and 5th are about the same with both brothers having one, as well. If you add in strength of competition for each for wins and loses you maybe able to put one slightly ahead of the other.

Jayson would have the better career. Dylan is known for being inconsistent and funky, but he has had great NCAA tournaments. Jayson was consistent and a pinner who carried that into great NCAA tournaments.

I am sure Jayson was a heck of a lot easier to coach. He had a great aggressive style, especially riding, but he was very conventional. Dylan is ANYTHING but conventional. I don't know how J Rob can even watch the matches, especially during the regular season. I hope we get a few Ness vs. Miller matchups next year. They should put on a fireworks display.

He probably HAD to be wildly unconventional and unpredictable because that was the only thing that would work on his older brother. Similar to how Mark Schultz developed incredible defense and discipline from trying to slow down Dave's onslaught.

He probably HAD to be wildly unconventional and unpredictable because that was the only thing that would work on his older brother. Similar to how Mark Schultz developed incredible defense and discipline from trying to slow down Dave's onslaught.

I love it.....nice insight!!!