Sign in to follow this  
Cletus_Tucker

Chael Sonnen fired by the UFC.

He'll more than likely be back in the UFC in an announcing/analyst role in a little while. This is basically a case of the UFC getting rid of this drama filled situation and then he'll be back once this has blown over.

Also lets not act like Sonnen is a saint that has been popped for cheating once. He's tested positive on multiple occasions now.

And Belfort who just failed his last test appears to be the front runner for the next title shot at middle weight.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm ... ge=1&pc=39

DFW: Vitor next for Weidman, probably

Shortly after Chris Weidman beat Vitor Belfort in the main event of UFC 175, Vitor Belfort tweeted a challenge.

realvitorbelfort

Now I want what I deserve, MY TITIE SHOT!!! Don't run away!! No excuses!!

Belfort was originally scheduled to fight Weidman at UFC 173 in Las Vegas, but withdrew following a failed drug test administered by the Nevada Athletic Commission. Now he wants back in, but he has yet to be licensed.

“I think what’s next and what everybody would like to see, what I’d like to see and what you’d like to see, is probably Vitor Belfort,” said UFC president Dana White. “So, let’s see what happens with Vitor, if this guy can get his business handled.”

So if Belfort gets licensed, he will finally get his titie shot. Then next question is when. Weidman was asked if he would fight again in 2014?

The undefeated middleweight champion was pelted with questions as he sat to the right of UFC President Dana White, including whether he would like to fight again before the end of 2014.

“Probably,” he replied.

So there you have it, probably and probably, which is about as sure it gets in this sport.

The hypocrisy is what bothers me about the UFC. They take a stand against Chael and fire him for the failed test. Fine, I get it, they have to appear like they care about cleaning up the sport. But then promote Vitor to #1 and he's next for a title shot despite his failed test? Get rid of them both, and Wanderlei too while they're at it

The hypocrisy is what bothers me about the UFC. They take a stand against Chael and fire him for the failed test. Fine, I get it, they have to appear like they care about cleaning up the sport. But then promote Vitor to #1 and he's next for a title shot despite his failed test? Get rid of them both, and Wanderlei too while they're at it

Chael got a second crack at Anderson Silva after he tested positive after their first fight.

Chael got a second crack at Anderson Silva after he tested positive after their first fight.

Sure, anyone can make a mistake and work their way back. Did he get a shot after failing a second time? Belfort is. Take out the trash or leave it as is. Barnett has failed 3 times and he's a title contender currently. The hypocrisy is too much.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/446175/White-Belfort-will-be-100-clean-for-Weidman/

Today news that Vitor Belfort will indeed bye licensed in Nevada and able to fight Chris Weidman is great news for the UFC. Belfort will now be subject to intense random drug testing by the commission, but UFC President Dana White is confident he'll be clean when meets Weidman at UFC 181 in December:

“If Vitor gets licensed, from now until the fight with Weidman, they’re going to Olympic-style test him like crazy,” White told UFC.com. “If he’s on anything, if he does anything, he’ll get caught. When he fights 
Chris Weidman
, he’ll be 100 percent clean.”

read entire article...

The quote from White was taken prior to today's NSAC hearing, but the facts line up. Belfort was licensed and will face strict drug testing going forward.