Sign in to follow this  
Poohbear

Russ Cozart speech

Leadership is gaming a system to produce false results? Having your priorities so out of whack that you recruit kids for HS wrestling?

Question: A real one (not a supernut one)... can you tell me how many kids you know personally who have had any psychological, performance, or professional issues in their lives because they were recruited to a great school to wrestle for?

I honestly do not know of any... but that is just me.

NJWC's jealousy rears it's ugly head once again.

Disagreeing with the way someone runs a HS program=jealousy in your book? That's how limited you are in your thinking?

Leadership is gaming a system to produce false results? Having your priorities so out of whack that you recruit kids for HS wrestling?

Question: A real one (not a supernut one)... can you tell me how many kids you know personally who have had any psychological, performance, or professional issues in their lives because they were recruited to a great school to wrestle for?

Do you think that you could ever produce a study of that? I knew the whack job mother hen would come running out if something is said remotely negative about anyone. You're the self appointed referee around here?

My point is not that it hurts wrestlers at all. My point is that I find it somewhat ironic that a guy that is well known for gaming the system (at a public school, not private) is going to speak about leadership. Leadership is telling your kids to stay back in school to get as much of an advantage as possible? Leadership is recruiting kids into your program from all over, displacing kids that came up through their feeder system, so that you can compete on a national level? Who is that achievement for? The hometown kid that got bumped? The kid that said he wanted to graduate with his original classmates at 17 instead of 19? The kid that was already very good, and would have been good anywhere he went?

Nope, it's all for the coach. Period.

I posted this because I felt it had some good info. I was not going to respond after posting this video, but I would like to know if you have specific incidents of wrong doing. I live an hour away from Brandon and although I am not "in the know" about all things Brandon I have been in the state my entire life and have never heard of them ever being charge with anything by the FHSAA. If I am wrong please enlighten me. I know people hate them because of the streak (as I stated I was one when I wrestled), but I never have known them to break any rules. My impression is that both the coach and the program are well respected in the state. We have had other schools break rules and be charged by FHSAA. I do not want to get into the debate about weather kids/parents should jump from school to school. I just want to know what information you have that supports your opinion about this school being "what is wrong with HS sports". Are you just bringing the hate out of jealousy as other posters have stated or do you have direct knowledge of wrong doing by this coach.

NJWC's jealousy rears it's ugly head once again.

Disagreeing with the way someone runs a HS program=jealousy in your book? That's how limited you are in your thinking?

Do you think that you could ever produce a study of that? I knew the whack job mother hen would come running out if something is said remotely negative about anyone. You're the self appointed referee around here?

My point is not that it hurts wrestlers at all. My point is that I find it somewhat ironic that a guy that is well known for gaming the system (at a public school, not private) is going to speak about leadership. Leadership is telling your kids to stay back in school to get as much of an advantage as possible? Leadership is recruiting kids into your program from all over, displacing kids that came up through their feeder system, so that you can compete on a national level? Who is that achievement for? The hometown kid that got bumped? The kid that said he wanted to graduate with his original classmates at 17 instead of 19? The kid that was already very good, and would have been good anywhere he went?

Step by step, lets eradicate this discussion and allow everyone to see what NJWC and his comments truly are and what they reveal.

First, yes, yes you are jealous of Russ Cozart and the success of the Brandon program. Lets first get into the definiton of the word "jealous" :

resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself

In a literal sense, you harbor resentment against Russ Cozart in particular because he has an "advantage." Your only disagreement is that he has "gamed" the system. No, he has not. Russ Cozart has no control over parents and their want and their desire to hold their children back. He did it with his own sons, because, AS A PARENT, he believes it is the best thing for HIS KIDS. Your ignorant, unbelievable, and on this weekend, un-American tirade of an opinion is wrong. The worst part is, you believe your opinion to be solely the product of Russ Cozart and Brandon. Feel free to review the birthdates of every All-American from the last 15 years. YOU (not I, I've already done the research) would be surprised at the age of these guys.

Your second premise, that he is "gaming the system to produce false results." Patently, WRONG, and I would appreciate it if you would refrain from ever making this statement again. The ONLY time a result, in hindsight, can be proven false is in the case of cheating/wrongdoing (see: Leipold, Alex). And seeing as how that is not the case, every single accomplishment the Brandon program has attained, is a TRUE result. Nothing about a parent's decision to hold their child back sullies their accomplishment. Newsflash that you are apparently unaware of - this is a common practice among ALL sports (and much more prevalent).

I am going to say this so we are clear, Russ has NEVER recruited a SINGLE athlete to his program. And since you claim that his priorities are "out of whack," the burden of proof is on you. When have you ever witnessed Cozart recruiting? And less directly, when has it been proven by someone else that he has? Every single kid you think is an "illegal" transfer has been investigated. And if you don't know anything about the FHSAA, they are VERY good at catching that kind of thing. So please list the illegal transfers if you don't mind, and feel free to ask me individually, as I have the personal stories of all them.

I will also answer each of your clearly rhetorical questions:

Leadership is telling your kids to stay back in school to get as much of an advantage as possible?

Leadership is parents putting their kids in the position to be as successful as possible entering adulthood. Increasing their chances at receiving a college scholarship, and increasing their chances at graduating from said college, should be lauded. Feel free to research the VAST difference in the graduation rates from holding a male just one year.

Leadership is recruiting kids into your program from all over, displacing kids that came up through their feeder system, so that you can compete on a national level? Who is that achievement for? The hometown kid that got bumped?

You are more than welcome to note the number of national level wrestlers Cozart has developed. Even more so, you are more than welcome to find out how many of them came up through Cozart's "feeder system." I'm sorry, but the percentages are NOT in your favor (by a lot, my son).

The kid that said he wanted to graduate with his original classmates at 17 instead of 19?

This is a stupid, inane statement/question. Thankfully, kids don't make decisions, their parents do. And since these athletes are clearly high level, and have high level goals that they SHARE with other high level athletes, I'm pretty sure that graduating with the SAME incoming freshman they started high school with, will not make them inept social misfits.

The kid that was already very good, and would have been good anywhere he went?

Again, inane. Any kid that "could go anywhere he want" - COULD GO ANYWHERE HE WANTS. Transfer, as is your right to do.

NJWC, your constant attacking and belittling of program and ONE PERSON in particular is petty and childish. You determine that Cozart only runs his program "all for the coach." You do know that this is wrestling, right? The opportunity to garner fame and money doesn't exist. You might also want to check on the number of athletes Cozart coached that have graduated from college. It's a big number, buddy.

I am curious however, how did you come to the conclusion that a man who gives no less than 10 hours a day, on an average of 4 to 5 days a week, to teach a niche sport to KIDS, is only in for himself? (these guys do exist, but I venture to say, you've never spent any serious amount of time with the guy)

Don't want to get involved in the Brandon argument, but i did watch the speech.

Honestly, this was more of a life story than a talk about leadership. His story is interesting to us as wrestling fans, but does that room of high school students even know who he is/care about wrestling? I'm not sure he did a great job explaining to the room what it takes to be a good leader or how he led such a successful team for the past 30 years. At the end he just kept repeating, "be dynamic" over and over..what does that even mean?

The most interesting part of his talk to me were:

1. His point about how he used wrestling as a vehicle to get a college degree and then a teaching certificate.

2. When he talked about his sons. They have had documented problems finding success at the collegiate level, but he is clearly proud of them nonetheless, which is great to see.

Step by step, lets eradicate this discussion and allow everyone to see what NJWC and his comments truly are and what they reveal.

First, yes, yes you are jealous of Russ Cozart and the success of the Brandon program. Lets first get into the definiton of the word "jealous" :

resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself

In a literal sense, you harbor resentment against Russ Cozart in particular because he has an "advantage." Your only disagreement is that he has "gamed" the system. No, he has not. Russ Cozart has no control over parents and their want and their desire to hold their children back. He did it with his own sons, because, AS A PARENT, he believes it is the best thing for HIS KIDS. Your ignorant, unbelievable, and on this weekend, un-American tirade of an opinion is wrong. The worst part is, you believe your opinion to be solely the product of Russ Cozart and Brandon. Feel free to review the birthdates of every All-American from the last 15 years. YOU (not I, I've already done the research) would be surprised at the age of these guys.

Your second premise, that he is "gaming the system to produce false results." Patently, WRONG, and I would appreciate it if you would refrain from ever making this statement again. The ONLY time a result, in hindsight, can be proven false is in the case of cheating/wrongdoing (see: Leipold, Alex). And seeing as how that is not the case, every single accomplishment the Brandon program has attained, is a TRUE result. Nothing about a parent's decision to hold their child back sullies their accomplishment. Newsflash that you are apparently unaware of - this is a common practice among ALL sports (and much more prevalent).

I am going to say this so we are clear, Russ has NEVER recruited a SINGLE athlete to his program. And since you claim that his priorities are "out of whack," the burden of proof is on you. When have you ever witnessed Cozart recruiting? And less directly, when has it been proven by someone else that he has? Every single kid you think is an "illegal" transfer has been investigated. And if you don't know anything about the FHSAA, they are VERY good at catching that kind of thing. So please list the illegal transfers if you don't mind, and feel free to ask me individually, as I have the personal stories of all them.

Leadership is telling your kids to stay back in school to get as much of an advantage as possible?

Leadership is parents putting their kids in the position to be as successful as possible entering adulthood. Increasing their chances at receiving a college scholarship, and increasing their chances at graduating from said college, should be lauded. Feel free to research the VAST difference in the graduation rates from holding a male just one year.

Leadership is recruiting kids into your program from all over, displacing kids that came up through their feeder system, so that you can compete on a national level? Who is that achievement for? The hometown kid that got bumped?

You are more than welcome to note the number of national level wrestlers Cozart has developed. Even more so, you are more than welcome to find out how many of them came up through Cozart's "feeder system." I'm sorry, but the percentages are NOT in your favor (by a lot, my son).

The kid that said he wanted to graduate with his original classmates at 17 instead of 19?

This is a stupid, inane statement/question. Thankfully, kids don't make decisions, their parents do. And since these athletes are clearly high level, and have high level goals that they SHARE with other high level athletes, I'm pretty sure that graduating with the SAME incoming freshman they started high school with, will not make them inept social misfits.

Again, inane. Any kid that "could go anywhere he want" - COULD GO ANYWHERE HE WANTS. Transfer, as is your right to do.

NJWC, your constant attacking and belittling of program and ONE PERSON in particular is petty and childish. You determine that Cozart only runs his program "all for the coach." You do know that this is wrestling, right? The opportunity to garner fame and money doesn't exist. You might also want to check on the number of athletes Cozart coached that have graduated from college. It's a big number, buddy.

I am curious however, how did you come to the conclusion that a man who gives no less than 10 hours a day, on an average of 4 to 5 days a week, to teach a niche sport to KIDS, is only in for himself? (these guys do exist, but I venture to say, you've never spent any serious amount of time with the guy)

First, you're 100% incorrect regarding any "jealousy" towards Cozart. I couldn't care less about what a guy in FL is doing to game the system. It doesn't have any impact on me, and it's not at my expense. So you're wrong. As usual.

The Brandon program is well known for trotting out class after class of 19 year olds. A number of them are transfers from other programs (and states!). It produces results that suggest the program is producing a tremendous number of outstanding wrestlers, when in reality it's producing college sophomore aged kids that do well vs kids that are of normal high school age. When this major advantage is no longer such an advantage (when they get to college), you see these guys exposed somewhat. Are Brandon wrestlers known for over achievement or under achievement at the college level? We all know that answer, and those who are honest know why.

You can say he's not responsible for what parents do with their kids (holding them back), but if you don't think they're discussing that with the coaches, regarding likelihood of success, you're an idiot (well, that's been established).

When he held his own kids back, is that telling them they're talented enough to be successful vs their peers? Or is it telling them that they need an extra advantage because, well, you know. Maybe they WEREN'T talented enough without that advantage?

I'm well aware of the hold back epidemic in sports. You're rambling diatribe about the topic doesn't change my opinion on it, or on the Brandon program. False results. Recruiting. Aging out kids that flop in college. Repeat.

First, you're 100% incorrect regarding any "jealousy" towards Cozart. I couldn't care less about what a guy in FL is doing to game the system. It doesn't have any impact on me, and it's not at my expense. So you're wrong. As usual.

The Brandon program is well known for trotting out class after class of 19 year olds. A number of them are transfers from other programs (and states!). It produces results that suggest the program is producing a tremendous number of outstanding wrestlers, when in reality it's producing college sophomore aged kids that do well vs kids that are of normal high school age. When this major advantage is no longer such an advantage (when they get to college), you see these guys exposed somewhat. Are Brandon wrestlers known for over achievement or under achievement at the college level? We all know that answer, and those who are honest know why.

You can say he's not responsible for what parents do with their kids (holding them back), but if you don't think they're discussing that with the coaches, regarding likelihood of success, you're an idiot (well, that's been established).

When he held his own kids back, is that telling them they're talented enough to be successful vs their peers? Or is it telling them that they need an extra advantage because, well, you know. Maybe they WEREN'T talented enough without that advantage?

I'm well aware of the hold back epidemic in sports. You're rambling diatribe about the topic doesn't change my opinion on it, or on the Brandon program. False results. Recruiting. Aging out kids that flop in college. Repeat.

Awww. That's so cute. You think that insulting me and calling me names invalidates my arguments, and supports yours. Lets focus on the issues:

Your claim: "I couldn't care less about what a guy in FL is doing to game the system."

False. A link was posted about one of the greatest wrestling coaches EVER, and you decided to take shots at his success, saying that he "games" the system and produces "false results." It is clear that you DO care, and it in fact bothers you. Now, what is the source of Cozart's 'bothersome' act? An ADVANTAGE he enjoys (not cheating, mind you). That is, sorry my son, THE DEFINITION OF JEALOUSY.

Your claim: "A number of them are transfers from other programs (and states!)"

Again, the burden of proof is on you. Please tell me the number of transfers Cozart has had? And I'm sorry, you can't count Rossi Bruno and Kevin Norstrem as transfers. They both entered Cozart's "feeder system" by at least the 6th grade. If, as is your claim that Cozart is only it for himself, please tell me how matches Fargo AA and transfer Colton Howell wrestled for Brandon? (the answer is not many, and didn't finish the season on the team).

Your claim: It produces results that suggest the program is producing a tremendous number of outstanding wrestlers, when in reality it's producing college sophomore aged kids that do well vs kids that are of normal high school age.

Man, you sure are in losing battle here my friend. Please feel free to peruse the success of the Brandon Wrestling Club as it pertains to: NATIONAL LEVEL, AGE GROUPED EVENTS. This wouldn't surprise ANY ONE who has paid any attention to the success of the Brandon program. The same guys you are upset about that are winning as "college sophomores" were winning as Tulsa aged, Schoolboy-aged, Cadet and Junior-aged. IF these guys were ONLY winning Florida State Titles, and ONLY when they were in their junior and senior years and, your argument would hold a modicum of water.

Your claim: Are Brandon wrestlers known for over achievement or under achievement at the college level? We all know that answer, and those who are honest know why.

You may be right as to this assertion. But guess what? Most of them graduate college. I'd say that is "winning" at the next level. Also, your assertion that those "who are honest know why," is back of their age, and them being tapped out is FALSE. Again, I implore you to look at the ages of the All-Americans from the last 15 years. This is a COMMON practice and the MAJORITY of high-level athletes(NCAA Wrestling All-Americans and other sports) have been held back. The guys that underachieved weren't good enough, period. Don't forget, there was a time when the same things were said about Jeff Jordan and the St. Paris Graham wrestlers.

Your claim: You can say he's not responsible for what parents do with their kids (holding them back), but if you don't think they're discussing that with the coaches, regarding likelihood of success, you're an idiot (well, that's been established).

Man, you really are reaching here. You called me an idiot. I'm pretty sure my track record on these boards CLEARLY indicates otherwise. But I digress. Having a discussion with a coach, about "likelihood of success" is RESPONSIBLE PARENTING. I'm not sure if you have kids, but I'm pretty sure, that, IF you had the ability, and your child was a talented music student, and, after having a DISCUSSION with his music teachers about the possibility of attending Juliard, you'd listen. You'd probably take their advice, if you cared at all about your child. But ultimately, YOU have the final say on the course of action. Not the music teacher. So again, you CANNOT BLAME Coach Cozart for a group of his athletes (it's not all of them) and their parents that saw A BENEFIT in holding them back. They're simply doing what parenting calls for - setting your child up for the most successful adulthood possible.

Your claim: When he held his own kids back, is that telling them they're talented enough to be successful vs their peers? Or is it telling them that they need an extra advantage because, well, you know. Maybe they WEREN'T talented enough without that advantage?

UUUUmmm... You do realize Brandon became a big deal because of its success in the Cadet-aged division right? That was when people started to take notice. It started with the group of Cesar Grajales, Rocky Cozart, David Craig, Ryan Joyce, Khalid Andwele.

Your claim: I'm well aware of the hold back epidemic in sports. You're rambling diatribe about the topic doesn't change my opinion on it, or on the Brandon program. False results. Recruiting. Aging out kids that flop in college. Repeat.

Whoa! Big words there buddy! "epidemic" "rambling diatribe" You may be close to using up your vocabulary words for the month! You are correct that you have an opinion. And you are entitled to your wrong opinion. I have proven you wrong, and you offer no evidence OR argument to the contrary.

False results - Sorry, bud, but you can't say that in the absence of said results being rescinded by the governing body that awarded them (FHSAA, USA Wrestling, etc.)

Aging out kids that flop in college - Again, I invite you to do SOME research and realize the Brandon program and its kids having less-than-stellar success have NOTHING to do with age. IF that were the case, the numbers would be far more in favor at the COLLEGIATE level, that kids that were held back would have less success. BUT ALAS, THIS ISN'T TRUE. In fact, the opposite holds true. The older you are, (and not just in wrestling) the more LIKELY you are to have success.

You obviously have some emotional attachment to the situation, which is causing you to lash out like a teen girl.

I made a comment that many, many coaches agree with. The guy games the system. Recruits, greyshirts his kids, repeat. You can hold your breath and stomp your feet, you can attempt to deflect by simply screaming "jealousy", etc. You'd still be wrong. I sense you should be accustomed to that.

You mentioned three of many more transfers, and no "burden of proof" is on me, Matlock. It's a message board, not a courtroom. Dope.

Does Brandon produce good wrestlers? Sure they do. Many, many programs do. Does Cozart encourage them to stay back to gain an advantage? Yes. Does he recruit more wrestlers so his team can compete nationally? Yes.

Do Brandon wrestlers get exposed at the next level? Time and time and time again, yes. Why is that? The age advantage they benefit from in HS is removed. That's at least a significant part of their problem.

You previously made the statement that he has nothing to do with his wrestlers being held back. Now you're changing your story, saying of course he does. Which is it?

If his team was so full of age appropriate superstars, why hold them all back? Is he telling them I think you're good enough vs your peers? Or that you're pretty good, but would be great if you have a couple of years on your HS competition?

Re vocabulary, I have an MBA from a fine school in NJ. My vocab is just fine, thanks sport.

Why do the Brandon kids fail so badly in college relative to their performance in HS? I know all about D1 wrestling, I know all about the correlation between age and success (find a book called "Outliers" and ask someone to read it to you, you'll love it). I also know that this guy recruits, greyshirts his team, and produces false results.

Now go cry to someone else. You're obviously way too close to this to be objective, and are embarrassing yourself.

I'll say this as a Florida guy who has no vested interest in the Brandon program, Cozart is an excellent coach. Yes many of his wrestlers have been held back as much as possible but so have many of the other top wrestlers in the country. He has one of the best feeder programs, Brandon Wrestling Club, in the country. All of his studs are not recruited and have spent many years wrestling in the room under his instruction. He knows how to use the system for the betterment of his wrestling program and the kids in it. Do I agree with everything he does? No, but do I think he's a fantastic coach who will do anything for his kids? Yes.

You obviously have some emotional attachment to the situation, which is causing you to lash out like a teen girl.

I made a comment that many, many coaches agree with. The guy games the system. Recruits, greyshirts his kids, repeat. You can hold your breath and stomp your feet, you can attempt to deflect by simply screaming "jealousy", etc. You'd still be wrong. I sense you should be accustomed to that.

You mentioned three of many more transfers, and no "burden of proof" is on me, Matlock. It's a message board, not a courtroom. Dope.

Does Brandon produce good wrestlers? Sure they do. Many, many programs do. Does Cozart encourage them to stay back to gain an advantage? Yes. Does he recruit more wrestlers so his team can compete nationally? Yes.

Do Brandon wrestlers get exposed at the next level? Time and time and time again, yes. Why is that? The age advantage they benefit from in HS is removed. That's at least a significant part of their problem.

You previously made the statement that he has nothing to do with his wrestlers being held back. Now you're changing your story, saying of course he does. Which is it?

If his team was so full of age appropriate superstars, why hold them all back? Is he telling them I think you're good enough vs your peers? Or that you're pretty good, but would be great if you have a couple of years on your HS competition?

Re vocabulary, I have an MBA from a fine school in NJ. My vocab is just fine, thanks sport.

Why do the Brandon kids fail so badly in college relative to their performance in HS? I know all about D1 wrestling, I know all about the correlation between age and success (find a book called "Outliers" and ask someone to read it to you, you'll love it). I also know that this guy recruits, greyshirts his team, and produces false results.

Now go cry to someone else. You're obviously way too close to this to be objective, and are embarrassing yourself.

Your claim - You obviously have some emotional attachment to the situation, which is causing you to lash out like a teen girl.

Uuuumm... You're the only here lashing out like a teenage girl. You've name-called. I mean, if that is supposed to hurt my feelings and make your argument look better, hey, good luck in real life. I bet you're a treat at the dinner table.

Your claim - You mentioned three of many more transfers, and no "burden of proof" is on me, Matlock. It's a message board, not a courtroom. Dope.

Again with the name-calling. I must have really hit a nerve with you guy. The totality of your insecurity knows no bounds I see! Your jealousy rears its ugly head again. You are correct that this is not a courtroom. It's a message board. One that is created for people to voice their opinions and facts. I'm appalled that you are SURPRISED that someone is calling you out for your wrong opinion. THAT is the point of message boards. Intelligent discussion between persons. And in order for there to be any semblance of intelligence on this argument from YOU, would require to state some facts/arguments that support your position. A lot people thought the world was flat. Doesn't make it true, my lemming friend.

Your claim - Does Brandon produce good wrestlers? Sure they do. Many, many programs do. Does Cozart encourage them to stay back to gain an advantage? Yes. Does he recruit more wrestlers so his team can compete nationally? Yes.

No one is saying that holding a kid back is not an advantage. But your proclamation is that it is the ONLY reason they have success. To which I direct you to the RESULTS (i.e. facts) that show that the Brandon wrestlers, throughout their entire career, do well in AGE GROUP EVENTS. Again, IF these guys were only winning titles as juniors and seniors, then yes, your argument would hold merit. Sadly, it DOES NOT.

Also, please understand EXACTLY what I said. Russ Cozart has NO CONTROL on whether one of his athletes is held back. That is the ultimate responsibility and decision of the parents. There is NOTHING he can do make that decision. A suggestion, a discussion, is just that.

Your claim - I also know that this guy recruits, greyshirts his team, and produces false results.

Now we get into the fun part! You "know" that this guy recruits. That's a pretty strong statement. One that warrants some proof on your part. Call it courtroom proceedings if you want, but that statement is libel without any evidence to back it up. Hell, i'm even saying that anecdotal evidence is fine in this "case."

Your claim - Now go cry to someone else. You're obviously way too close to this to be objective, and are embarrassing yourself.

Too close? Sorry, I have no dog in this fight, and it would actually serve me better if Cozart and the Brandon program had LESS success. And sorry, NJWC, you could no more make me "cry," than I could possibly be embarrassing myself. The fact that you were called out as being jealous, and NO ONE (among the MYRIAD of people you say agree with you) has stepped up and backed up your claims, allows us to see exactly what and who you are.

You are green with envy and red with spite for the success of Russ Cozart and the Brandon program because of its "advantage." Man, I love the dictionary!

Hope your MBA brain can comprehend my last statement.

Uh, genius? This board is full of guys who have said the exact same thing that I've said. Hell, there are guys ON THIS THREAD that admit to it being a legit position regarding this program.

I won't get into your bizarre responses regarding insecurities, "wrong opinions" (which is an oxymoron produced by a moron), but hey, whatever.

The guy games the system. Believe what you want. His wrestlers fail at the next level. That's a fact.

Man, you're turning into a supertroll-ish type poster.

You've refused to answer of the questions or comments I've made with any veracity. Oh. and in one statement, you've made my point. Unlike you, I have facts. You on the other hand, have an OPINION on the matter. Definition of the word "opinion" :

noun

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I am still waiting for facts to back up the accusations of wrong doing. Who was recruited? What rules were broken. Just because you say that Bigfoot and aliens exist does not make it true. Please back up your opinion. I know that they have had some transfers, but that does not mean they were recruited. If you build it they will come. If you go to the FAWA website you will see Brandon holds a tournament about every other week. From my limited point of view it looks like they out work everyone in Fl. Osceola HS(Fl) has been making gains by following the Brandon model of a kids club and both traveling and hosting numerous off season events and they are already being accused of recruiting (although only on a local level). The parents I have talked with who decided to send their kids to OHS told me it was because of the coaches and the opportunity for their kid to get better. Other coaches may complain about it, but if they worked harder and provided the same opportunities the parents would not look elsewhere.

NJWC said: "My point is not that it hurts wrestlers at all."

Thank you very much. I thought so. That should settle it... It doesn't hurt people... and I would say it can only help them. Thanks for your response.

Crickets? I told you I was done with you.

Recruited? Or just happened to transfer in? Do you believe that this coach hasn't reached out to any of these other kids? Really? Lol.

NJWC said: "My point is not that it hurts wrestlers at all."

Thank you very much. I thought so. That should settle it... It doesn't hurt people... and I would say it can only help them. Thanks for your response.

The point, my half retarded buddy, was that it's ironic that a guy that games the system would have the balls to give a lecture on leadership. A guy that told his own sons they're not good enough to compete without being held back would speak to leadership? Really?

It had nothing to do with helping/harming anyone. Your reading comp stinks.