Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Taylor ESPY

I doubt he will b/c I don't think those selecting the winner give Wrestling enough credit.

I hope he wins and voted early and often.

If he does win, it will be odd that he won that award not even being the best wrestler on his team. Yes, I know Ed missed a month and got upset at the Scuffle, but IMO, Ed was definitely a better wrestler. DT deserved all the awards he received, but for DT to be the only wrestler besides Cael to win an ESPY, as silly of an award as it is, would sure be ironic.

I hope and doubt it happens

I doubt he will b/c I don't think those selecting the winner give Wrestling enough credit.

I hope he wins and voted early and often.

If he does win, it will be odd that he won that award not even being the best wrestler on his team. Yes, I know Ed missed a month and got upset at the Scuffle, but IMO, Ed was definitely a better wrestler. DT deserved all the awards he received, but for DT to be the only wrestler besides Cael to win an ESPY, as silly of an award as it is, would sure be ironic.

I hope and doubt it happens

Angry_Fish, Anthony Robles is on Line One!

I meant only one to win best Male Collegiate athlete. Robles won ESPYs in different categories and were clearly driven by his physical handicap.

His ESPY's were clearly driven by his sucess, inspite of a physical handicap.

If the public does go off the board this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Thompson from UAlbany (lacrosse) wins.

I could see that. The kid has just been destroyed lacrosse scoring the last two years and also just became the first ever Native American to ever win the sports Tewaaraton Trophy (Lacrosse's Heisman). I'd think that a lot of people who actually look past the famous names of the main stream sports have to be looking his way.

If the public does go off the board this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Thompson from UAlbany (lacrosse) wins.

I could see that. The kid has just been destroyed lacrosse scoring the last two years and also just became the first ever Native American to ever win the sports Tewaaraton Trophy (Lacrosse's Heisman). I'd think that a lot of people who actually look past the famous names of the main stream sports have to be looking his way.

How does being Native American black red white or orange have any bering on best male athlete. Your either the best or you are not.

How does being Native American black red white or orange have any bering on best male athlete. Your either the best or you are not.

It SHOULD be just about being the best athlete, but given it's an open vote, what it really is, is a popularity contest.

I hope DT can make a good run at it, but if Dake couldn't pull in enough mainstream interest with all the hype around 4-4-4, I don't think DT will fare much better.

I said it previously in another thread on this topic. Taylor won't win the ESPY, he just won't. Dake didn't win it last year after winning 4 ncaa titles in 4 different weight classes. He lost out to a freshman Johnny Manziel who was the first ever freshman to win the Heisman Trophy. In order for a wrestler to win the ESPY for Best Male College Athlete, it would have to be a ridiculously impressive season/career and no real standouts from any other sports that year. There have been 12 of these awards handed out and this year will be the 13th. 5 awards have gone to Basketball players and 6 have gone to Football players. That one outlier happened the first year of the award which was 2002 and it went to..........a wrestler named Cael Sanderson. lol

Things Taylor won by being invited to the ESPY's:

- a mobile smartphone breathalyzer

- a collection of wooden pocket squares & lapel pins

- two different kinds of 'massagers'

- a gift certificate to lifetime online guitar lessons

- a gift certificate to repair a favorite pair of jeans

- a gift card for 'craft-casual' hot dogs

That's funny, but what are "craft casual hot dogs"?

Things Taylor won by being invited to the ESPY's:

- a mobile smartphone breathalyzer

- a collection of wooden pocket squares & lapel pins

- two different kinds of 'massagers'

- a gift certificate to lifetime online guitar lessons

- a gift certificate to repair a favorite pair of jeans

- a gift card for 'craft-casual' hot dogs

Is one of the massagers Asian and gives a happy ending?