Sign in to follow this  
DF

LOL at fathers who coach their sons

Nice life lesson you're teaching your sons.

Basically telling him you're going to hold his hand to victory.

Good luck to your sons when they get out into the real world and daddy's not there anymore.

It's no wonder why all these "daddy's wrestlers" never accomplish much off the mat.

Have fun jumping into your dad's arms in jubilation after winning state or climbing up into the stands to hug him after winning an NCAA title, because that will be the highlight of your existence.

Nice life lesson you're teaching your sons.

Basically telling him you're going to hold his hand to victory.

Good luck to your sons when they get out into the real world and daddy's not there anymore.

It's no wonder why all these "daddy's wrestlers" never accomplish much off the mat.

Have fun jumping into your dad's arms in jubilation after winning state or climbing up into the stands to hug him after winning an NCAA title, because that will be the highlight of your existence.

How about the parents who go to every single meet and yell from the stands the whole time? It's Saturday, your kid is being occupied, you're free to do whatever you want...and you choose to watch wrestling all day? How about doing something productive like a 6th day in the office...maybe you will get that promotion. What don't they get about the only tournament that actually matters is states.

Some fathers even think they can help their sons with their school work so they get better grades to get into college!  Olympic champs would be as good as they are wether they had a father helping or not so it really doesn't matter.

JH, you and Medicine Man are sock puppets of DF.  

I must say that I have noticed medicine man chiming in for DF posts for a long time now. Honestly, In my experience I have seen coaches sons underperform in my area of Iowa. It always seems like they don't do as well as some of the elite kids on their teams. Maybe burnout? idk. Except many times these coaches were unable to go to youth tournaments because they had coaching obligations.

Edited by russelscout

Arguably the two best wrestlers in collegiate wrestling history, Cael Sanderson and Kyle Dake, were both coached by their fathers in high school.  Dake's post graduation success is yet to be determined but Sanderson seems to be doing ok for himself.  Tony Buxton, coached by Jeff in high school...Harvard graduate.

Rex Peery a 3-time champ at Oklahoma A&M for Ed Gallagher coached his two sons Hugh and Ed to 6 NCAA titles at Pitt. I believe that Hugh wrestled in Oklahoma in high school, then went to Pitt as his dad got the head coaching job.