Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Rizzo

Napoli over Alton

PSU fans - Which Alton was supposed to be the 4X NCAA Champ? The one who lost? Was it this one of the other one? BTW, what took Taylor so long to Tech Hess? :D

I don't think anyone thought either would be a 4x champ and Hess was a stall machine....hope the video is posted on flo so you can see.

Taylor ...on top... doing NOTHING except asking the ref to make Hess (sorry) do something ... could have just as easily been called for stalling.

Personally I think the stalling rule should read that each wrestler MUST CONSTANTLY try to IMPROVE their position. If you are not trying to improve...... it would be called stalling. That is something that is VERY easy to see. Therefore an EASY call.

Taylor ...on top... doing NOTHING except asking the ref to make Napoli do something ... could have just as easily been called for stalling.

Personally I think the stalling rule should read that each wrestler MUST CONSTANTLY try to IMPROVE their position. If you are not trying to improve...... it would be called stalling. That is something that is VERY easy to see. Therefore an EASY call.

When did Taylor and Napoli wrestle?

PSU fans - Which Alton was supposed to be the 4X NCAA Champ? The one who lost? Was it this one of the other one? BTW, what took Taylor so long to Tech Hess? :D

Troll - You misunderstood , he was going to a 4X NCAA team champion. Right on schedule.

Alton beat him in their PA high school state championship match. So that result is interesting to me. I didn't see it coming.

For some other useless trivia, Napoli beat Walter Peppleman the year before in the state finals and then lost to Alton his senior year. Interesting to note that Cumberland Valley High school had Napoli, Mike Evans, and Bryce Busler all on their team that year.

I guess haters will hate. For all the criticism us Penn Staters get, I rarely ever see threads trying to tear into other teams wrestlers. A little boasting or bragging, but come on now.

Thanks for adding just a little bit more to the argument for the prevailing sentiment over some PSU fans.

I'm a Penn State fan and I personally don't care for some of David's antics when he wrestles. You never saw Cael do anything like he does with what I classify as showing up his opponents. I understand he is a good kid so really no big deal, but I just don't care for it and I always spoke with my wrestlers when they did these sort of things. I don't mind some personality and fire but I believe he crosses the line.

ps. Wonder how he would feel if Dake, Howe and others tried to show him up while they are beating him.

I'm a Penn State fan and I personally don't care for some of David's antics when he wrestles. You never saw Cael do anything like he does with what I classify as showing up his opponents. I understand he is a good kid so really no big deal, but I just don't care for it and I always spoke with my wrestlers when they did these sort of things. I don't mind some personality and fire but I believe he crosses the line.

ps. Wonder how he would feel if Dake, Howe and others tried to show him up while they are beating him.

yup. it is classless

and i think everyone knows the answer to your last question