Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Rizzo

Napoli over Alton

That wasnt a good look for Taylor. Just wrestle, dont plead with the ref.

If anything it was simply frustration.......at times Hess looked like he was trying to sleep......head on the mat....other times Taylor couldn't get his hands free cause Hess did nothing other than hold his hands etc and got dinged for stalling and he could have been dinged more!!

I will say I like Hess , just not my style of wrestling.......saw the same stuff when he beat Cowburn in the PIAA finals his Sr year. Did too much non-wrestling.

How did this get so off topic? wasn't this about Napoli beating Alton? David Taylor has absolutely nothing to do with this match really.

It seams as though Hatchet brought Taylor into the mix about 4 posts is...

by HatchetJack » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:25 pm

PSU fans - Which Alton was supposed to be the 4X NCAA Champ? The one who lost? Was it this one of the other one? BTW, what took Taylor so long to Tech Hess? :D

Alton beat him in their PA high school state championship match. So that result is interesting to me. I didn't see it coming.

For some other useless trivia, Napoli beat Walter Peppleman the year before in the state finals and then lost to Alton his senior year. Interesting to note that Cumberland Valley High school had Napoli, Mike Evans, and Bryce Busler all on their team that year.

Helps explain the result, which had me a little perplexed. So, not useless trivia, actually, for those of us, like myself, who don't have the background in PIAA wrestling.

My take on the match now, is, two guys with a history. Not so indicative of where Dylan Alton is at re his competiton nationally.

Didn't Napoli take Dake right down to the wire last year? Only lost by 1 or something?

Yes in the duel where Lehigh beat Cornell, I believe it was 2 seasons ago. Dake was totally out of gas and stalled his way to the win.

"I am not too surprised by the result, Napoli is very tough. Does anyone remember Napoli's match vs Dake in the duel ? Very close match, I think Dake only won by 1 or 2. (can't find video of match)"

I'm a Penn State fan and I personally don't care for some of David's antics when he wrestles. You never saw Cael do anything like he does with what I classify as showing up his opponents. I understand he is a good kid so really no big deal, but I just don't care for it and I always spoke with my wrestlers when they did these sort of things. I don't mind some personality and fire but I believe he crosses the line.

ps. Wonder how he would feel if Dake, Howe and others tried to show him up while they are beating him.

I've been watching college football all day and following wrestling results online. I lost count of how many receivers and cornerbacks begged for a pass interference call from the ref after a play didn't go their way.

I didn't see the match, but if a kid lays there with his head on the mat and the other kid begs for a call, I like it.

I realize our sport is like no other cuz its mono-e-mono and kids can be very embarrassed by what happens to them on the mat (hell I was embarrassed at least one time every tourney) but consider this: if David Taylor had not done whatever he did and just let the match end without a tech fall and Hess laying in the fetal position, people would talk about how poor Taylor is performing and how much Dake has gotten in his head.

Kids are going to do this a lot more to the returning Hodge winner, and David will have to figure out how to continue to dominate. One way is to show frustration to the ref and get a stall call. Its perfectly fine with me.

Having said that, honestly, I will say this: I can't wait till Tyler Caldwell beats David Taylor.

"mono-e-mono" huh?

Guest Hammerlock3

Taylor did nothing worth mentioning. Hess wasn't doing the "What ya gotta do for the team" stall he was doing the "Do absolutely nothing stall" which I don't really respect.

Taylor's sportsmanship is fine. His doesn't mask his ego as well as Sanderson did, and I am sympathetic to holding gifted athletes who have been in ideal training situations their whole lives to a slightly higher standard, but be serious he just wanted to prove he could turn the guy when the rules are enforced.

^Agree. I was expecting something more dramatic, having read the comments before watching.

The drama is all in the troll posts by GB and Hatchet. Supposed grown men getting their panties all bunched over Taylor's reaction to the inactivity of Hess.

Check out Dake at the end of this match, lol. I guess he likes Taylor's approach. Not sure what I enjoyed more, the shoulder taps or the resting of the elbow on his opponent's back.

I wonder how come the people that were outraged by DT aren't criticizing this? Oh wait, troll double standard, that's it.

Go to 9:25 minute mark:

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/24 ... ke-Cornell

Check out Dake at the end of this match, lol. I guess he likes Taylor's approach. Not sure what I enjoyed more, the shoulder taps or the resting of the elbow on his opponent's back.

I wonder how come the people that were outraged by DT aren't criticizing this? Oh wait, troll double standard, that's it.

Go to 9:25 minute mark:

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/24 ... ke-Cornell

Haha that is gold after 9:20. Dake playing the bongos.