Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Rizzo

Ruth over Hamlin 11-9

The way that first period went, it sure looked like a tf was coming. Ed seemed to lose interest; he actually laughed after Hamlin's first takedown. Won't be as close next time around, imo.
I Agree FT, next time Hamlin will have Two Hands & it won't be as Close. Hamlin will Win IMO ;)

Apparently, Ruth coasted to an easy 11-9 victory and decided (as all great wrestlers do) that he had it won after the 1st. He apparently laughed and frolicked his way to an uneventful victory.

They should put an end to these type of frivolous matchups in my opinion. Luckily, the PSU faithful with their keen eyes can recognize absolute dominance (however so slight).

Also, I thought Hamlin stalled the whole match. Wait a second, wrong thread.

When Penn State fans are being ridiculous, where does the forum stand on the use of Sandusky jokes as a comeback?

Plenty of material for snappy retorts has been provided by some of the more outspoken PSU fans, no need to bring Gerry into it, IMO. :roll: .

That said - its worth remembering, Ruth did win - he's still #2, at least until the Scuffle. Lots of wrestling left.

When Penn State fans are being ridiculous, where does the forum stand on the use of Sandusky jokes as a comeback?

Plenty of material for snappy retorts has been provided by some of the more outspoken PSU fans, no need to bring Gerry into it, IMO. :roll: .

That said - its worth remembering, Ruth did win - he's still #2, at least until the Scuffle. Lots of wrestling left.

Pretty sure you mean Jerry...Gerry Sandusky is a completely different guy.

kind of funny reading this thread, Ruth coasted, big lead, next time will be worse...

no credit to one of the best in the country in Hamlin...listening to the match, if Hamlin had 2 healthy hands, sounded to me like he would've had the match all square at the end.

Hamlin's engine is similar to Matt Brown, he's going to keep coming.

kind of funny reading this thread, Ruth coasted, big lead, next time will be worse...

no credit to one of the best in the country in Hamlin...listening to the match, if Hamlin had 2 healthy hands, sounded to me like he would've had the match all square at the end.

Hamlin's engine is similar to Matt Brown, he's going to keep coming.

..scoring 11 points on senior Robert Hamlin is an accomplishment in itself.

..Hamlin wrestled a great bout, Ruth still won while adjusting to 184.

..great bout for both guys.