Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Rizzo

Ruth over Hamlin 11-9

so is scoring 9 on Ruth with basically one hand

kind of funny reading this thread, Ruth coasted, big lead, next time will be worse...

no credit to one of the best in the country in Hamlin...listening to the match, if Hamlin had 2 healthy hands, sounded to me like he would've had the match all square at the end.

Hamlin's engine is similar to Matt Brown, he's going to keep coming.

..scoring 11 points on senior Robert Hamlin is an accomplishment in itself.

..Hamlin wrestled a great bout, Ruth still won while adjusting to 184.

..great bout for both guys.

DuckFor2 wrote:

kind of funny reading this thread, Ruth coasted, big lead, next time will be worse.....

..scoring 11 points on senior Robert Hamlin is an accomplishment in itself.

..Hamlin wrestled a great bout, Ruth still won while adjusting to 184.

..great bout for both guys.

Hmm I thought based on the summer Ruth had already adjusted to 184...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Saw the same type of comments last season after Taylor-Hatchett I. Yea, Ruth didn't dial it down and DT wasn't sick. Whatever helps you guys sleep at night. I'll take a "bad" win over a "good" loss any day.

btw, Pretty sure Hamlin had two hands when he wrestled at the Adam Frey. What was the excuse for that one again? Oh that's right, it was an exhibition, haha!

All the jabronis on the other thread calling for a fall - show up, admit you were wrong, and eat your crow.

fair enogh, I said 'what the heck, Ruth by fall'....had a hunch he would catch him in a scarmble situation and clamp the cradle on. Crow tastes fine.

Actually, I think wrestling a one-handed wrestler makes Hamlin a more superior opponent and hence the two point win was more convincing than the exhibition win. How do you prepare for a one handed wrestler?

Kudos to Ruth for shifting strategy and overcoming adversity. I imagine Hamlin keeps his mitten on for the rest of the year. Someone should protest this. Santoro pushes for every little advantage.

couple things that surprised me....

-how easy it was for ruth in the first period

-how easily hamlin got off the bottom

-how relaxed ruth was and the lapses in some scramble situations

i think this was as close as hamlin gets

Hamlin did beat Steinhaus in the AllStar meet with the "mitt" on...gotta hand it to him (no pun intended :o ) That said, I think Ed took this match for granted after the meeting this summer and felt he could try anything. To Ed's credit he doesn't let fear of losing interfer with how he wrestles!

Two fine wrestlers obviously. I think Hamlin walks off the mat thinking he could pull one out against Ruth. Which is dangerous, for Ruth. I think there are also signs, judging from the 1st period, that Ruth could blow Hamlin out of the water. But he hasn't shown yet that he can put it out of reach.

My take-away -- if Ruth lets Hamlin hang around in a match like he did last nite, he could lose. It could happen. Just hoping it's not at Nationals.

I had a theory after Ruth's first Amuchestegui loss, that Ruth, after a pretty dominant 1st period, lost focus. People tended to discount that since it was inconceivable to most that any wrestler could lose focus at Nationals, of all places. But I think the only person who can stop Ruth, is Ruth himself. Hope he knows that.

Actually, I think wrestling a one-handed wrestler makes Hamlin a more superior opponent and hence the two point win was more convincing than the exhibition win. How do you prepare for a one handed wrestler?

Kudos to Ruth for shifting strategy and overcoming adversity. I imagine Hamlin keeps his mitten on for the rest of the year. Someone should protest this. Santoro pushes for every little advantage.

HJ, what an Idiot U R, a Real :ugeek: