Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Rizzo

Ruth over Hamlin 11-9

This thread is ridiculous. It reminds me of the Ruth-Amuch situation over the last two years...when everyone was saying Amuch should be the favorite...he is going to win...Ruth wasn't hurt...the surgury on his knee was fake..blah blah.

Only this time it is weirder, because he won!

Stop with the "Hamlin had one hand stuff". Maybe it would hold some weight had Ruth not already beaten him when he had both hands.

Ruth is clearly the favorite in this match-up. But I would not at all count Hamlin out...he is a machine. Just in no way the favorite.

I think Ruth wins this match a large majority of the time.

a. This thread is ridiculous.

b. Stop with the "Hamlin had one hand stuff". Maybe it would hold some weight had Ruth not already beaten him when he had both hands.

a. Absolutely correct my friend.

b. Agree, however it is no different that the freestyle folkstyle excuses for DT v. Dake when it comes to "offseason exhibitions".

a. This thread is ridiculous.

b. Stop with the "Hamlin had one hand stuff". Maybe it would hold some weight had Ruth not already beaten him when he had both hands.

a. Absolutely correct my friend.

b. Agree, however it is no different that the freestyle folkstyle excuses for DT v. Dake when it comes to "offseason exhibitions".

A. Thank you!

B. It is totally different in the sense that freestyle does not translate directly into folkstyle (which was and continues to be my argument there). In the sense of using "it was the offseason and didnt meant much that is why Taylor lost to Dake in freestyle" or "that is why Hamlin lost to Ruth" then I agree with you..that is nonsense. He lost to Dake in free because Dake was better that day and seems ahead of Taylor in freestyle overall at this point. And Hamlin lost to Ruth (both times) because Ruth seems to be the better wrestler at this point. Period.

But just as I wouldnt count out Taylor against Dake in upcoming matches, I will certainly not count out Hamlim (this is worth repeating!)...the kid is a monster. Although, I think he has much slimmer a shot of beating Ruth than Taylor does of Dake...IMO

This thread is ridiculous. It reminds me of the Ruth-Amuch situation over the last two years...when everyone was saying Amuch should be the favorite...he is going to win...Ruth wasn't hurt...the surgury on his knee was fake..blah blah.

Only this time it is weirder, because he won!

Stop with the "Hamlin had one hand stuff". Maybe it would hold some weight had Ruth not already beaten him when he had both hands.

Ruth is clearly the favorite in this match-up. But I would not at all count Hamlin out...he is a machine. Just in no way the favorite.

I think Ruth wins this match a large majority of the time.

I agree with all of this except I think Ruth honestly wins every time. As an earlier poster said, this is probably the closest Hamlin will get. He is definitely a gamer and staying that close to Ruth just speaks volume for how good Hamlin really is. He has surely made Vermont proud.