Sign in to follow this  
sansbarksdale

Oklahoma State projected lineup

I don't think the OSU coaching staff is even sure of the lineup at this point.  Klimara is a question mark.  Collica is rumored to have outgrown 141. 133 or 141 is a major question mark depending on what weight Heil goes. Kindig is considered a "small" 149lbr by a coach.  If Collica can't make 141 does he move all the way up to 157 to fill in for Dierenger bumping up?  Dieringer may even bump 2 weight classes.  Dieringer's weight change may influence Marstellar redshirting.  174/184 has a logjam.  197 looks thin.  Marsden at 285 may be the only guy who returns at the same weight class!

I guessed in a thread a couple of weeks ago but I honestly think I would be lucky to get 7/10 correct.

125:Klimara(OSU board rumors redshirt) Could be a serious hole if he doesn't man this weight.

133:Crutchmer(I don't have the inside contact but rumors say Heil can't hold 133 and I don't see anyone else at 133).

141:Heil(133 or 141 are HIS to decide)

149:Kinding(Can Collica beat him out?)

157:Collica?(Redshirt?)Torres?

165:Dierenger(If so I think Marstellar redshirts)

174:Crutchmer(depends on Dierenger and Marstellar redshirting and Boyd and Rogers)

184:Boyd(Just by my eye test I think he has the inside track but Rogers may change this and Dierenger or Marstellar at 174 may put Crutchmer in the mix as well)

197:Austin Schafer (looks to be the clear front runner here)

285:Marsden(my only stone cold LOCK!)

Just my opinion

125 Klimara top 5

133 Morrison top 8

141 Collica r12(might see time 149)

149 Kindig top 8

157 no idea

165 Dier top 3

174 Rodgers top 8

184 Crutchmer R12

197 Schafer NQ

HWT Marsden top 8

just my opinion

go wrestle

any chance we could see this 125-165?

125:Klimara (assumes no RS).

133:Heil

141:Kindig ('small 149' according to some postings)

149: Collica (swaps with Kindig)

157:Marstellar

165:Dierenger

no, but you might see this:

165) Marstellar

174) Dieringer

I think Marsteller would be much better off at 165. At 174, he would have some serious matchup problems as he would be continuously giving up a big leverage advantage. Really, for his height, I would think 157 would be his best weight and he would even be considered short there. I am very curious to see how he does in college as I have always considered him a can't miss prospect but being at your optimal weight class is so important at the college level that I think it could be a big factor in just how successful he is.

Pretty sure Garrison is still on the roster.  Not sure that Marstellar can beat Dieringer at this time.  No way Kindig can get down to 141 and not sure Collica can do it either.  Might be smart to let Collica, Blees, and Marsteller redshirt this year and be ready to compete for the title in 2016-2020.

Hmm, I probably see it a little different.  I see a young team that might make the podium *top 4.

125-Klimara- Harding- Miller-Cline...I'm not sure if Eddie is back on the roster, although he is enrolled at OSU, according to my sources.

133-Heil- Wrestled up during his redshirt, but he's going to be fun.

141-Collica-round of 12 last year, reasonable chance to AA

149-Kindig-wrestled awfully well last year, even though a lot of monsters got upset, he still beat the guys that got in front of him.

157-Blees-another good young one.

165-AD-Quietly positioning himself into rare air even by OSU standards.

174-Crutchmer-He will make noise.  I'll bet he surprises everyone

184-Boyd/Jordan-still battling for alpha male

197-Shaefer-Rosholt was just too beat up, so we should actually be better here

285-Marsden-Hmm, he's gotten better every year, so...

Maybe it's smart to redshirt a few key guys, but I will be surprised if that happens.  Marstellar redshirt works, to get him and AD in the line-up together for one year, but one will probably have to cut or go up for one season.  I say go for it with these guys, knowing you have more good young ones coming in the next few years.

I think John gets 5 maybe 6 AA's out of this group, and possibly more.   Oklahoma High School Wrestling is also better than it's been in a while, so there are a lot of good ones coming into the program the next two seasons...  I think we could redshirt ourselves into a bigger log jam.

Edited by smittyfan

Pretty sure Garrison is still on the roster.  Not sure that Marstellar can beat Dieringer at this time.  No way Kindig can get down to 141 and not sure Collica can do it either.  Might be smart to let Collica, Blees, and Marsteller redshirt this year and be ready to compete for the title in 2016-2020.then

Then again they are all held back a year so I think they are all ready to start if asked. People forget that so many of these studs have been held back so

they are more than ready when they arrive on campus.