Sign in to follow this  
LoStNuMbEr

Bryan Pearsall

Just read some facts about this guy in an article about PSU

He never placed in state and was 3-23 as a redshirt freshman

Last year he took 7th at the Big Tens and almost qualified for nationals. Now he is starting on a team looking to win its third national championship and just beat a top 25 guy

He might not be making the podium this year, but man I gotta give the guy credit for sticking with it and showing the improvement that he has.

He did place in Junior Freestyle in Fargo: Placewinners from 2006

1 Connor McDonald Delaware

2 Donte Butler Missouri

3 Boris Novachkov California

4 Travis Coffey North Carolina

5 Andy Pokorny Nebraska

6 Bryan Pearsall Pennsylvania

7 Eric Grajales Florida

8 Will Sharbaugh Maryland

ten yrs ago if somebody told me psu was on its way to a third consecutive title would of probably though the guy was clueless or homer for PSU, what a tremendous job they are doing.

I get the feeling that, had somebody said five years ago the coach there would be Cael Sanderson, the reaction you would have gotten would be somewhat similar to the reaction Marty McFly received from the scientist when McFly told the scientist that Ronald Reagan was President...

Hard work is no doubt paying dividends and The PSU "Train" making a moonshine run will allow Mr. Pearsall to solidify his quest for AA!!!

P.S. SHP ten years ago who would have used a computer model to predict Iowa as #1 in 2011/12 ;)

Hard work is no doubt paying dividends and The PSU "Train" making a moonshine run will allow Mr. Pearsall to solidify his quest for AA!!!

P.S. SHP ten years ago who would have used a computer model to predict Iowa as #1 in 2011/12 ;)

I believe the computer came up with Penn State by a half-point, whereas it was the seedings that came up with Iowa winning...still, Mopar, very good point...

2 Donte Butler Missouri

5 Andy Pokorny Nebraska

7 Eric Grajales Florida

You always have to love Lostnumber's ability to be so consisently wrong, so often!LOL! Great catch, JB! :lol:

2 Donte Butler Missouri

5 Andy Pokorny Nebraska

7 Eric Grajales Florida

You always have to love Lostnumber's ability to be so consisently wrong, so often!LOL! Great catch, JB! :lol:

Actually, once again you are wrong Ban. Kinda like your "Frank Molinaro escaped Dake" moment. Lost said he never placed at states. JB added that while he didnt place at states he placed at Jr nationals in Fargo.

2 Donte Butler Missouri

5 Andy Pokorny Nebraska

7 Eric Grajales Florida

Actually, once again you are wrong Ban. Kinda like your "Frank Molinaro escaped Dake" moment. Lost said he never placed at states. JB added that while he didnt place at states he placed at Jr nationals in Fargo.

Good catch, bro! You saw it too, eh!? :lol: :lol:

Yes, Lost is wrong, as he failed to mention what JB mentioned when he was listing his credentials. :lol:

What a nimrod that Lost is! He didn't even know how he placed at that tournament! :lol:

Logic fail.

Nothing I stated was wrong. JB brought a new fact to the discussion but that doesn't disprove any of the facts or opinions of my original post

Never said Lost was wrong. I just paid a little bit more attention to Pearsall because I'd see him working in Lititz and he went to high school a short distance away from where I worked in PA.

When he placed that year, I saw he'd not yet qualified for the PIAA state tournament. The year he placed, there were some monster guys who didn't place and there's this kid who didn't have the credentials, yet places in junior freestyle.

Never said LoSt was wrong about this ... like he said, added a new fact to the discussion. Partially, it's to say he wasn't exactly a scrub coming out of high school. Like the same thing about Ryan Williams of ODU only placing at states (7th) once as a junior. He was hurt his senior year, would probably would have placed as a senior.

I think a lot of guys in his shoes would of called it a wrestling career a while ago. That first year was brutal for him. 133 was loaded in the BigTen and he got thrashed a lot. He came back the next year much improved and had just cracked the top 20 when Long came in and won the spot. He handled the situation with class and came back the next season ready to compete for the 141 starting position. He had a difficult start at the new weight but really seemed to turn the corner the second half of last year. Despite all the big names on the PSU roster, there is no one on the team that I will be rooting for more then Brian Pearsall.

ten yrs ago if somebody told me psu was on its way to a third consecutive title would of probably though the guy was clueless or homer for PSU, what a tremendous job they are doing.

I get the feeling that, had somebody said five years ago the coach there would be Cael Sanderson, the reaction you would have gotten would be somewhat similar to the reaction Marty McFly received from the scientist when McFly told the scientist that Ronald Reagan was President...

SHP

people were saying this 3 years ago & getting laughed at...so there you go! :)

Yes, Lost is wrong, as he failed to mention what JB mentioned when he was listing his credentials. :lol:

What a nimrod that Lost is! He didn't even know how he placed at that tournament! :lol:

Logic fail.

Nothing I stated was wrong. JB brought a new fact to the discussion but that doesn't disprove any of the facts or opinions of my original post

+1

Never said Lost was wrong. I just paid a little bit more attention to Pearsall because I'd see him working in Lititz and he went to high school a short distance away from where I worked in PA.

When he placed that year, I saw he'd not yet qualified for the PIAA state tournament. The year he placed, there were some monster guys who didn't place and there's this kid who didn't have the credentials, yet places in junior freestyle.

Never said LoSt was wrong about this ... like he said, added a new fact to the discussion. Partially, it's to say he wasn't exactly a scrub coming out of high school. Like the same thing about Ryan Williams of ODU only placing at states (7th) once as a junior. He was hurt his senior year, would probably would have placed as a senior.

+1 nice of you to look at the facts & not get caught up in the diatribe.

I think a lot of guys in his shoes would of called it a wrestling career a while ago. That first year was brutal for him. 133 was loaded in the BigTen and he got thrashed a lot. He came back the next year much improved and had just cracked the top 20 when Long came in and won the spot. He handled the situation with class and came back the next season ready to compete for the 141 starting position. He had a difficult start at the new weight but really seemed to turn the corner the second half of last year. Despite all the big names on the PSU roster, there is no one on the team that I will be rooting for more then Brian Pearsall.
And quite a few folks forget that BP had a lot of good matches last year vs top 20 guys. Probably earned the right to being ranked a few times last year but couldn't quite get over the hump.

If you go to Rec hall there will be tons of DT, Ed & Quentin fans but everyone in the Nittany Nation LOVES Bryan Pearsall. He & Adam Lynch really showed what the staff can do with some kids who buy into their program. And BP shows what can happen if you persist & scrap which is essentially what wrestling is about in the 1st place.

Bryan Pearsall 2011-12 College Scorebook

lost by 1 to #19 Pennesi

won by FALL over #14 Bonson

Won by FALL over Shafer of Pitt with 3 seconds left in match

improved in his subsequent matches with Kellen Russell & Jake Sueflohn

had respectable showings vs Stieber & Marion when most people were predicting bonus point losses for him.

I am glad to see some non-PSU regulars see that this kid exemplifies what the sport is all about!

I wrestled in District III in high school (graduated in '06) and remembered watching Pearsall wrestle a lot. He was close to going to states his sophomore and junior years, placing 4th at districts (top 3 go to states) in close matches. His senior year he lost to state runner up, Chris Albright, in the district semis, then won in rideout in the consi semis. His consi finals match to go to states, I remember watching him, losing 4-2, with about 20 seconds left thinking, "wow, poor kid, always close and never made it," and then it was either a takedown or a reversal to the back and he won 6-4 to finally make it to states. Took a lot of guts.

With how loaded D3 has been since about 05 or 06, there have been so many quality kids left at home when it came time for states because D3 only qualified 3 per weight class. One year, we had 4 returning high state place winners in one bracket, with one having to stay home (I think it was Deluca that didn't make it)