okiespike

Arizona State

Zeke is already loading up on the recruits and has gotten a great assistant with Pendleton.  They now need a light weight assistant coach.  One of the best people and wrestlers in ASU history is still in town coaching high school, Eric Larkin.  He would be an incredible get.

Dont forget there are some very good wrestlers already in place. Excited for them to finally have a head coach with great leadership.

Zeke is already loading up on the recruits and has gotten a great assistant with Pendleton.  They now need a light weight assistant coach.  One of the best people and wrestlers in ASU history is still in town coaching high school, Eric Larkin.  He would be an incredible get.

Dont forget there are some very good wrestlers already in place. Excited for them to finally have a head coach with great leadership.

They HAVE a lightweight assistant coach.  Lee Pritts.

Very undervalued, and I promise he's a good fit for ASU and will be a great head coach when he gets his chance. 

This is kind of a bold prediction, but I could see ASU as a top 3 school at nationals after 2015-16 if not that year, depending if they can get more quality wrestlers or get the most out of the guys they've already got.

If Zeke can put a "Cael class" or 2 together you might be right. All it takes is 1-2 super classes to really turn things around (assuming all of the studs "pan out"). 

A. Valencia looked LIGHTS OUT this spring/summer. The match he dropped at Junior Worlds as a bit of a fluke, without a doubt he was top 3 in that bracket. He easily ran through the Junior Euro champ rd 1. 

This is kind of a bold prediction, but I could see ASU as a top 3 school at nationals after 2015-16 if not that year, depending if they can get more quality wrestlers or get the most out of the guys they've already got.

You never know, but I doubt it. If that does happen however, and Zeke places ahead of the Hawkeyes, that's definitely it for the Brands Bros. 

ASU should be a pretty easy place to recruit kids from the northeast and midwest.  Can you imagine flying in from NJ/PA/OH in the winter to check out that campus?  Lol.  I was driving around with my dad in the freaking miserable weather in Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, Pittsburgh, New Brunswick.

One visit to Tempe, and I would have asked where to sign.

You never know, but I doubt it. If that does happen however, and Zeke places ahead of the Hawkeyes, that's definitely it for the Brands Bros. 

I would be more worried about Schwab. If they turn UNI into "the place to go" for iowa recruits and continue to develop and improve that program, things could get interesting. As of now, the Brands shouldn't be worried.

What is the starting lineup shaping up to be? 3 of 4 lower weights look like transfer starters.

125- transer Preskitt

133- transfer Brady

141- 2013 top recruits for ASU, both RS last year

Spraggins and Baker

149- Transfer Pierce

157- incumbents Combs and Smith maybe Monty in the mix

165- incumbent Waters and probably see a 157 move up to here

I forgot Brundge could also be in play here

174- incumbent Radford

184- incumbent Stauffer

197- incumbent DaSilveiria and transfer Bambic

HWT- incumbent Colling

I dont know if any of the transfers will have to sit out or not? A couple are coming back home so they often get their full release.

Edited by gobraves101905

I would be more worried about Schwab. If they turn UNI into "the place to go" for iowa recruits and continue to develop and improve that program, things could get interesting. As of now, the Brands shouldn't be worried.

Schwab is definitely a threat, but my comment responded to the notion that Zeke can possibly put together a "Cael" power class and make a title run in 2016. Schwab will not do that anytime in the near future, but will instead chip away at Iowa's instate pipeline. 

Forgotten in this discussion in Ohio state champ, Hayden Lee.  Not a bad prospect and committed prior to Zeke's arrival.  

It'll take about 3 years for ASU to be a powerhouse.  

As to Brands being replaced....by whom?  

I have to imagine if he ever were to be let go, that Doug Schwab would be very high on the list of replacements. Is there anyone else really who could be considered? I have to imagine they would hire an ex-Hawk, and he seems to be the hottest one out there in the coaching world. If not him, maybe Bill Zadick?