Sign in to follow this  
sandwrestling

Sand Wrestling is now a High School sport!

Almost...

I've just been in contact with the MHSAA after sending in a proposal to include Sand Wrestling as a spring sport. To cut to the chase, they are on board and seem excited about the benefits of adding this version of wresting as an officially sanctioned high school sport in Michigan. Before they go ahead and include Sand Wrestling, they are about to inquire with school districts across the state over the next two months to find out how many schools will be on board.

You can help! Contact your local athletic director and tell them that you are interested in springtime wrestling. I do intend to send out the same proposal to other state high school associations, so please stay tuned!

If you are unaware about the sport of Sand Wrestling, I highly recommend checking out the website, www.sandwrestling.com

So you really think that schools, despite all of the academic and economic issues plaguing public education across the country, are going to set aside the money to fund this?

School buses?

Coaches?

Sites?

Insurance?

Equipment?

Anything else?..

In Philadelphia, before BTS started helping out, we had nine public high school teams. We now have 14. Do you honestly think I should contact my local AD to suggest that they look into starting beach wrestling? Is that really what the sport needs?

This is the second time you gave a misleading topic title to a thread to give the illusion of interest in Beach/Sand wrestling. I appreciate the enthusiasm, I really do, but please, use more discretion and common sense when you're trying to push for this style. I think it is safe to say that most people do not see your methods as positive advocation for Beach wrestling, and are rather turned off by it. 

This is the second time you gave a misleading topic title to a thread to give the illusion of interest in Beach/Sand wrestling. I appreciate the enthusiasm, I really do, but please, use more discretion and common sense when you're trying to push for this style. I think it is safe to say that most people do not see your methods as positive advocation for Beach wrestling, and are rather turned off by it.

Agreed

Add me to list of those annoyed by this guy.  "Almost" in the Olympics turned out to be "no where near that point." in the actual article.  So chances are "on board with this" is probably, "hey, they didn't laugh and hang up on me"  in this case.  Public high schools across the country are CUTTING sports, not adding them. 

I can't even appreciate his enthusisam when he has to mislead in poor attempts to get people to share his enthusiasm.