Photo

Sand Wrestling is now a High School sport!

sand wrestling beach wrestling high school

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sandwrestling

sandwrestling
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:14 AM

Almost...

I've just been in contact with the MHSAA after sending in a proposal to include Sand Wrestling as a spring sport. To cut to the chase, they are on board and seem excited about the benefits of adding this version of wresting as an officially sanctioned high school sport in Michigan. Before they go ahead and include Sand Wrestling, they are about to inquire with school districts across the state over the next two months to find out how many schools will be on board.

You can help! Contact your local athletic director and tell them that you are interested in springtime wrestling. I do intend to send out the same proposal to other state high school associations, so please stay tuned!

If you are unaware about the sport of Sand Wrestling, I highly recommend checking out the website, www.sandwrestling.com

#2 dclark145

dclark145

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

So you really think that schools, despite all of the academic and economic issues plaguing public education across the country, are going to set aside the money to fund this?

School buses?

Coaches?

Sites?

Insurance?

Equipment?

Anything else?..

In Philadelphia, before BTS started helping out, we had nine public high school teams. We now have 14. Do you honestly think I should contact my local AD to suggest that they look into starting beach wrestling? Is that really what the sport needs?

This is the second time you gave a misleading topic title to a thread to give the illusion of interest in Beach/Sand wrestling. I appreciate the enthusiasm, I really do, but please, use more discretion and common sense when you're trying to push for this style. I think it is safe to say that most people do not see your methods as positive advocation for Beach wrestling, and are rather turned off by it. 

Penn State Club Wrestling
"We either win in the first, or we don't win at all"

#3 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

This is the second time you gave a misleading topic title to a thread to give the illusion of interest in Beach/Sand wrestling. I appreciate the enthusiasm, I really do, but please, use more discretion and common sense when you're trying to push for this style. I think it is safe to say that most people do not see your methods as positive advocation for Beach wrestling, and are rather turned off by it.

Agreed

#4 Roadkill

Roadkill

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

I will be on the lookout for Michigan to add Sand Wrestling.  I am sure it will catch on like wildfire!! 

#5 JasonBryant

JasonBryant

I love the Goonies.

• Members
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

I would have to agree regarding this and the other thread. I don't have any issues with beach wrestling, but these titles are extremely misleading and in poor form.

Don't work here no more. Happy now?

www.mattalkonline.com

#6 tec87

tec87

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

I'm going to have to join in with the rest in here and call BS on this. You lost me when you started talking about the MHSAA being open to things furthering/helping wrestling in anyway.

FIRE UP CHIPS!!!!

#7 rossel3

rossel3

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

is grabbing some sand and throwing it in the opponent's eyes allowed?

...just curious

#8 ShortAmplitude

ShortAmplitude

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Add me to list of those annoyed by this guy.  "Almost" in the Olympics turned out to be "no where near that point." in the actual article.  So chances are "on board with this" is probably, "hey, they didn't laugh and hang up on me"  in this case.  Public high schools across the country are CUTTING sports, not adding them. 

I can't even appreciate his enthusisam when he has to mislead in poor attempts to get people to share his enthusiasm. 

#9 CoachWrestling

CoachWrestling

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:26 AM

Sand wrestling is a joke. Sorry, but it is. We need to focus on folk, free, and greco. 

#10 oldrules

oldrules

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

I concur completely.  "Beach wrestling" is a joke and serves as nothing but a distraction from real wrestling.

uww is the same corrupt sh*t organization it always was

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sand wrestling, beach wrestling, high school

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users