Sign in to follow this  
CollegeWrestling4444

Hey PT, quick question.....

Any update on what you mentioned below earlier in the summer......

My dream is 100 D I schools with wrestling by 2024.....it can be done!

"1. We are approaching the presidents and admissions officers of all DI Historically All Black Colleges & Universities (most are enrollment driven and many are looking to bolster male enrollment)

2. We are working with a tax consultant to comb thru the tax returns of DI private schools to identify the schools that are most struggling for enrollment and tuition dollars

3. Over the past year, we have met with several university presidents of Division I schools who have expressed interest (We will be meeting with two more presidents over the next 3 weeks)

As most people within the wrestling community already know, establishing new DI programs is much more challenging than the other collegiate divisions for the following reasons:

1. The costs are much greater at the DI level (the DI philosophy is much more about focused excellence). In other words, many DI administrations desire to invest more money into fewer teams in hopes they can compete for national titles in all sports

2. Most DI colleges are not enrollment driven so they don’t need to add sports to grow enrollment like many of the non-DI colleges."