Sign in to follow this  
Tom Morris

Strangers showing up at wrestlers doors wanting to wrestle.

A few years ago I read about a guy who showed up at Stu Hart's house in Calgary AB and said he wanted to wrestle him. Stu took him down to his wrestling room took him down and pinned him and the guy left.

Yesterday I was watching the Sportscentury show on ESPN about Dan Gable and the same thing happened to him!!

I guess I am wondering if there are any other stories of this happening to other famous wrestlers? To me it would seem kind of odd/stalkerish but I guess if you want to grow the sport and the guy doesn't seem too weird maybe it's not that big a deal?

Yup, I bet it happen but it is old school stuff now...... most(who are sober) have been exposed to what wrestlers are capable of in MMA, and in general understand funny looking ears means it is a bad idea.

Not somebody showing up unexpectedly out in public but remember years ago you'd get the occasional HS punk/thug tough guy who knew nothing about the sport but thought since he was "tough" he'd do well.  They usually only lasted a day or two being throw dummies before quitting. 

Edited by stp