Sign in to follow this  
bob_meadows_167

Campolattano

What is wrong with this guy? He was named almost the second coming while still in high school and now he is barely top 10. Is he treated ok at Ohio State? The guy gave up a lucrative football career for this?

What is wrong with this guy? He was named almost the second coming while still in high school and now he is barely top 10. Is he treated ok at Ohio State? The guy gave up a lucrative football career for this?

If it was easy, everyone would do it...

We know what he did last year.

Make the round of 12 as a true freshman? Yeah what a downer...

I personally don't think Camp will be an all-star in college, but its way to early to write the guy off. He has the talent and still has a lot of time left

? Yup the guy gave up a lucrative football career for this?
. If only he would have just stuck with that sure thing guaranteed multi-million dollar NFL contract and endorsement deal. But alas he chose to live a life of a lowly street urchin peddling wrestling technique routine for pocket change instead.

25-i%20will%20wrestle%20you%20for%20food.jpg_thumb.jpg

All I am wondering is if he is red shirting this season. He has done well thus far in college. Maybe not showing as much fire as HS but he was under a lot of pressure IMHO in high school. The football pipe dreams are unfortunate. With his size, he could have possibly gone to a smaller FB school and if he added size, speed, and skills (which I know nothing about his FB game) he had (has?) an outside-outside shot of potentially playing pro...on the practice squad. Maybe a red shirt season is what he needs, re focus, re-evaluate, and re-build is confidence. I always argue is first two years of HS were more impressive than his last two...I'm always amazed at the FB/baseball pipedreams kids have...

*Ohio State's FB asst. coach Fickel was a big wrestler.

Maybe a red shirt season is what he needs, re focus, re-evaluate, and re-build is confidence.

Agree 100%. If not for the out-sized expectations for this kid, we would be taking a RS year for granted. This young man has all the tools, obviously, but equally clearly, could benefit from another year to get down the mental part.

The football pipe dreams are unfortunate. With his size, he could have possibly gone to a smaller FB school and if he added size, speed, and skills (which I know nothing about his FB game) he had (has?) an outside-outside shot of potentially playing pro...on the practice squad.

He was recruited at Rutgers for Football. They have a decent record for putting a few guys in the pros each year. He was a 3 star guy, kinda like Ray Rice....

In other words, it wasn't all that crazy.

We have seen crazier recently. 5 ft 11 def tackles going to Monmouth for instance... That was a pipedream (although you have to respect someone for chasing the dream. It is easy to give up when everyone tells you it is crazy).

In both cases, it would have been nice if they decided to stay in state and wrestle for Rutgers!

The football pipe dreams are unfortunate. With his size, he could have possibly gone to a smaller FB school and if he added size, speed, and skills (which I know nothing about his FB game) he had (has?) an outside-outside shot of potentially playing pro...on the practice squad.

He was recruited at Rutgers for Football. They have a decent record for putting a few guys in the pros each year. He was a 3 star guy, kinda like Ray Rice....

We have seen crazier recently. 5 ft 11 def tackles going to Monmouth for instance... That was a pipedream (although you have to respect someone for chasing the dream. It is easy to give up when everyone tells you it is crazy).

In both cases, it would have been nice if they decided to stay in state and wrestle for Rutgers!

I wasn't trying criticize Camp's NFL dreams as much as the general HS athlete's pro sports dreams...I agree, he could have had an outside chance (and still might) at NFL.

Nothing wrong with this guy. In high school, he was able to overwhelm most opponents with his inside trip to a fall. In college, that's not working. He's also been exposed as a guy without a lot of riding ability. He is good on his feet and gets out on bottom. Round of twelve as a true frosh. Two losses this year--both to Kilgore. Otherwise, he hasn't had a close match.

A redshirt would be of huge benefit to Camp as he really needs to learn to ride better and improve his setups. If he were put into lineup, he'd have a good chance to AA but he's not ready yet for Kilgore. Then again, Kilgore is head and shoulders better than anyone at 197 (including Wright and Wilps--whom Camp beat last year) in my opinion.

The only 197's clearly better in my opinion are Kilgore and Wright.

I wasn't trying criticize Camp's NFL dreams as much as the general HS athlete's pro sports dreams...I agree, he could have had an outside chance (and still might) at NFL.

I know. I was just pointing out that he was recruited to a BCS conference (well kinda sorta anyway - Big East is struggling although Rutgers is having a good year). I agree with the sentiment for the most part.

I am suprised by the original post. Seems crazy to talk about a sophomore AA candidate as a disapointment, especially with the huge upside in this case. Not everyone can be a 4 year monster, but sometimes, the 1 and 2 year monsters end up being better in the end.