Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

Cashe' Quiroga Status?

He had a staph infection that put him on the shelf this summer. While reports are they got that issue cleared he maybe still getting back to 100% (wrestling wise) from that issue and/or the effect it may have had on his weight management. I would guess they are still working him back slowly in preparation for bigger meets long early tournaments and mostly small school multi-duals. At least a lot of people are hoping that's the case. I know a few Purdue insiders on here who usually have more insight into these matters.

He had a staph infection that put him on the shelf this summer. While reports are they got that issue cleared he maybe still getting back to 100% (wrestling wise) from that issue and/or the effect it may have had on his weight management. I would guess they are still working him back slowly in preparation for bigger meets long early tournaments and mostly small school multi-duals. At least a lot of people are hoping that's the case. I know a few Purdue insiders on here who usually have more insight into these matters.

He wrestled against Old Dominion in the first dual of the year.

He wrestled against Old Dominion in the first dual of the year.

And also in wrestle offs. But it wouldn't be the first person to fluctuate in and out of a line-up early as they got back into things. im guessing just minor strain type injury and/or draining weight cut from getting back into it after a long layoff who knows. I would have expected to have heard something more by now if it was more serious than that. Better to get him in top form for the long season against top level guys to come up soon than to cause a longer layoff by pushing it in early meets.

I would agree with MadMardigain's comments regarding Cashe Quiroga. Should be a great weekend of wrestling at the Northeast Duals in Troy, NY and some early season tests for him (in order of the schedule):

#18 Jordan Thome (Army) Senior, 7-3

#13 Geoff Alexander (Maryland) Sophomore, 4-1

#19 Garrett Frey (Princeton) Senior, 1-2

#16 Jamie Franco (Hofstra) Junior, 1-1

*Rankings courtesy of AWN*

Depending on the team scores, I'm not sure that you will see him for all four duals on Saturday but I would expect him for the majority of the match ups. Interested to see how Frey looks up a weight class from 125 and after working out with Joe Dubuque every day in the room.