Sign in to follow this  
armspin

world's results and video

Not sure what the Iranian coaches said to Mohammadian but it sure lit a fire under him. Down 2-0 at the break, he storms back to dominate 11-2 to take bronze. Positive note for the US, Ed Ruth was right there with Mohammadian so it's no longer speculation that Ruth can hang with the best in the world. I fully expect a medal from Ruth next year. Iran will join Russia and Turkey with 3 medals on day 1.

Sadulaev immediately puts Salas on his back, probably had him stuck.  Then Salas pimp slaps the Russian HARD, should have been disqualified, then gives up another TD and turn for the 10-0 tech fall.  The Russians are doing incredible at coming out extremely aggressively and overwhelming their finals opponents so far.

Not sure what the Iranian coaches said to Mohammadian but it sure lit a fire under him. Down 2-0 at the break, he storms back to dominate 11-2 to take bronze. Positive note for the US, Ed Ruth was right there with Mohammadian so it's no longer speculation that Ruth can hang with the best in the world. I fully expect a medal from Ruth next year. Iran will join Russia and Turkey with 3 medals on day 1.

Many thought Ruth would medal this year, we should never take anything for granted.  The World Championships are difficult to medal at and we are spoiled by what Burroughs has accomplished the last three years. No way the U.S. finishes in the top 3 this year. Hopefully Burroughs has his usual finish and Metcalf can earn his first World medal (but I'm not holding my breath). 

Sadulaev is beyond impressive, especially for his age.

Edited by wiedsworld

Wow, just wow is right. We have a A Satiev or Sajidov here! A great one! Russia is finally back at 189! This match reminded me of Romero vs Satiev in the 2000 Olympic finals. This guy is a combo of Saitiev and Sajidov! Ruth has no chance here with this. This guy would take out Sharipov as well and maybe even Gadisov if he grows. He is like 19 right???

Interesting, both Russians with the fireman's.  First move I ever learned even though I was never very good.

Yes, and in the USA, you rarely see a fireman's even in college. Also, surprising that the U.S. name (or wat I guess is a U.S. name) for the move is used internationally.