Guest Firestone

Does anyone even care about the women's worlds?

Guest Firestone

I have yet to hear of anyone who cares about women's wrestling. 

Wrestling should ditch women's wrestling and go to ten and ten for greco and freestyle.  That would be so much better.

They butchered the sport and made it 6-6-6.  Such a bad move and now the men's weight classes are a mess with way too many gaps at the heavier weight class.  How good would a 90 and 105kg division be.

Discuss.

When the whole olympic debate was going on I thought it'd be good if wrestling went to a format more like mma or real pro wrestling.  They could have events across countries that love wrestling, that would be awesome.

That worked really well in the past...

And how exactly is it nonsense?

Edited by CoachWrestling

Guest Firestone

If we didn't add women's weight classes, there would be no more Olympic wrestling.

This is such nonsense.  

Regardless I would rather have wrestling as a good sport without the olympics than a crappy sport in the Olympics.  

When the whole olympic debate was going on I thought it'd be good if wrestling went to a format more like mma or real pro wrestling.  They could have events across countries that love wrestling, that would be awesome.

Instead of begging the olympics to keep wrestling we should of told them to take it or leave it.  

Guest Firestone

That worked really well in the past...

And how exactly is it nonsense?

Why do we need women's wrestling the be an Olympic sport?  There are numerous events that exclude men.

I know american's are brainwashed by all this feminist nonsense, but you can;t just say nonsense without logic or facts backing it up, 

Why do we need women's wrestling the be an Olympic sport?  There are numerous events that exclude men.

I know american's are brainwashed by all this feminist nonsense, but you can;t just say nonsense without logic or facts backing it up, 

I guess you haven't been paying attention..

"The IOC is concerned enough with gender equity to mention it twice in their list of official criteria for evaluation of sports for inclusion. Even boxing has a female division these days, and there will doubtless eventually be male Olympic rhythmic gymnastics and synchronized swimming events"

Edited by CoachWrestling

Guest Firestone

What exactly is 'feminist nonsense'?

A sport that is primarily followed by and competed in by masculine men and often muslim men needs to include women's wrestling, a sport that nobody cares about, to survive.  

It doesn't get anymore clear than that.

Guest Firestone

"The IOC is concerned enough with gender equity to mention it twice in their list of official criteria for evaluation of sports for inclusion. Even boxing has a female division these days, and there will doubtless eventually be male Olympic rhythmic gymnastics and synchronized swimming events"

Why couldn't wrestling go to an event akin to mma or real pro wrestling.

I am sure in Iran, Russian, Azerbaijan etc this could be popular.  

Guest Firestone

I think we all know that there won't be any men's rhythmic gymnastics or synchronized swimming, which is fine.  Wrestling being kept in the Olympics wasn't a victory they cut out a load of the weight classes.  

Yes, IOC is also brainwashed by this feminist nonsense.  Some sports appeal to men, some sports appeal to women, so why not be intelligent and let men and women compete in sports that appeal to them.  It's basic common sense and yet some androgynous beta males with an agenda want to hobble wrestling and yet won't say a peep about any women only sports.

Even wrestling fans don't care.  I think they could atleast put freestyle and greco next to each other so we can watch that and then move on.

wrestling is a great sport. there is no justification to wanting to deny 50% of the population the chance at competing in it. 

no interest in getting in a flame war with anyone over "feminism" on a wrestling message board. will be starting a new thread to discuss the women's tournament and the actual wrestling matches. if all someone has to contribute is negativity about female wrestling please do not contribute to the thread. thanks. 

Guest Firestone

We absolutely need womens wrestling to survive as a sport.

That said... I don't have interest in watching it. But hey I said the same thing about womens MMA until Ronda Rousey changed my mind so.

Now justify the statement that we neeed women's wrestling to survive as a sport.

At least they could put it in a  mud pit with some sexier clothing.  That would be iitneresting.  

Guest Firestone

I hear a lot of people talking about how important women's wrestling is, I haven't yet seen a single interested person.  

This narrative abut how important women's wrestling is just seems like some feminist brainwashing of western white men.  Does anyone here prefer women's wrestlign to the extra men;s weight classes?

Jaroslav I don't know why people can;t criticize a cult, especially one that has significantly damaged a great sport like wrestling.  

Edited by Firestone

If nobody cared about women's wrestling, then there wouldn't be women's wrestling. It's still a growing sport in the world. I recognize some names but don't really follow women's wrestling as much as men's but that doesn't mean that I hate the sport. If you don't care about it, then don't watch it. Yes the IOC is using women's wrestling as a scapegoat for their decisions on mens wrestling but I don't think women's freestyle should be the blame. That's just the IOC being screwed up.

Not too different than women's basketball which is clearly an inferior product.  No clue why the WNBA exists other than the NBA supports it financially.  I've tried watching the women wrestle and it's pretty awful.  

Equal right for women are important in all spheres of life. It's morally right to treat women as equal to men. If less men's Olympic wrestling weights are the price to be paid for women to be treated as full citizens then that's a small price to pay.

BTW in non Olympic years we now have more weights, not less. Our goal should be to a) convince Fila to give us 80 kg fs and 55 kg Greco-Roman as non Olympic weights and b) make wrestling so popular the ioc begs us to have more events.

Guest Firestone

Equal right for women are important in all spheres of life. It's morally right to treat women as equal to men. If less men's Olympic wrestling weights are the price to be paid for women to be treated as full citizens then that's a small price to pay.

BTW in non Olympic years we now have more weights, not less. Our goal should be to a) convince Fila to give us 80 kg fs and 55 kg Greco-Roman as non Olympic weights and b) make wrestling so popular the ioc begs us to have more events.

I normally appreciate your insight, but on this topic your way off.  Equality under law is not the same as everyone being equal in everything.

It is basic common sense to realise that men and women are different and therefore they don't need to have exactly the same of everything.  Wrestling is more popular among men and therefore there should be more men's wrestling, fashion is more popular for women and therefore most of the cat walk models etc are women.  It's just common sense.  

I know you have been told by your tv set that feminism is good and that women and men need to be equal blah blah blah, but engage your brainf or one second and you will realise how stupid this is.  

I wonder why there is such a strong western European presence in Fila. 

it's a conspiracy, obviously. one of the femenists agenda's most devious and ingenious plot to date. 

now that we've established that and all agree, let's stick to wrestling. 

ps i dont think serbs would consider themselves western european

Guest Firestone

great discussion for a non wrestling related message board. 

Wrestling has been affected by this crap.  I wonder why there is such a strong western European presence in Fila.  This is really a sport of central asia, middle east and far eastern european (georgia, russia etc) nations.  

yet the last two presidents have been swiss and now serbian.  

This thread is full of straight up, plain ignorance. Of course, on a male-dominated board, you're gonna have more discussion of male wrestling. I, for one, was more interested in the women's wrestling team than the men's (then again, I didn't see that fallout of our team happening, but that's besides the point). Until you've wrestled alongside girls and women, I think you can't really appreciate the fight they have inside of them.