Jaroslav Hasek

Women's Freestyle Tournament

finals going on now. rather refreshing watching it without feeling like warmed over death due to lack of sleep :)

just saw Alyssa Lampe lose an absolute heartbreaker to a North Korean in bronze medal match. Lampe out-wrestler her opponent, just lost on tie breaker by giving up a takedown with about 20 seconds left. 

Maroulis is up now. high quality wrestling going on - check out the stream while it's still on!

53kg:Conder finishes 2-2: One match shy from the Bronze Medal Match

58kg:Ragan is 2-1: and will wrestle Huchok of Belarus in the Bronze Medal Match

75kg:Gray is 4-0 and is in the finals against Da Silva of Brazil!

Edited by tec87

Da Silva of Brazil at 75kg is the first world medalist ever for Brazil in any of the three styles.

This is also the fourth straight world medal for Gray after winning Gold in 2012 and Bronze in 2011 and 2013. Hopefully she can claim her second world title today.

i need to see how ragan's match was scored and i need to watch it over again because it sure looked like she got completed hosed to me. didnt see where she gave up the 2 exposure the first time. also is the no takedown points when finished from the knees consistently called that way? she shot in, finished from her knees and put her opponent flat on her back and that only 2? the same amount of points her opponent gets when ali supposedly exposed her back on her own shot? 

really sucks, ragan out wrestled her opponent by a large margin from my perspective. i'm fuming.