CoachWrestling

2014 Greco-Roman Worlds Discussion

Really nice win for him over Vlasov... want to go back and see the match he lost since i haven't seen it yet.  I think it was 0-1 so would imagine it was a match where his opponent didn't do a whole lot... not m favorite thing to see in Greco.

It looks like Smith has an ideal quarter bracket, and in the better half. 7th ranked Dimitrov BUL could be his challenger in the quarters. #1Kaylaap TUR would be a tough semi, but there are many more ranked guys in the bottom half. 

Saddoris' has a quarter bracket full eastern Euros, including 4th ranked Lashkhi of GEO if they both get to the round of 16, then Aliyev in the Semis. 

Rau has is work cut out for him too, with four ranked guys in his quarter

Would someone care to explain to me how Soddoris was being passive in his round of 32 match against the Georgian?  Maybe I am bias, but from what I saw, forget controlling the center, the guy from Georgia did not spend more than five seconds the whole match in the center....The whole thing was Saddoris pushing the guy around the mat.  

Bisek beating Vlasov is a huge deal. Good on him, wow. Incredible match too. I bet Juflaken bought him some drinks, he's lost to Vlasov the last 3 years.

Lopez wins yet again. Arguably the best active combat sports athlete in the world today. I want to see his match vs Makhov.

Russia and Iran must be losing it, wow. No golds in two days I'm happy for Basci. His final was 2-1 but he's had some wild matches this year.

Chunayev tomorrow!

Would someone care to explain to me how Soddoris was being passive in his round of 32 match against the Georgian?  Maybe I am bias, but from what I saw, forget controlling the center, the guy from Georgia did not spend more than five seconds the whole match in the center....The whole thing was Saddoris pushing the guy around the mat.  

It was an odd call indeed. Especially considering it cost Saddoris a point and the biggest match of his entire life. I think we medal at 66 in the next 2-3 years. We got some studs here. 

The positive way to look at things is that while Mango always had flashes of brilliance throughout his career, he never seemed to put it all together at the big event. Now he's had two straight years of making the bronze medal match, so he seems to have turned the corner and is only a matter of time before he gets his first medal and hopefully multiple medals.