TBar1977

Marstellar will be at 157

Ness reminds me, in many ways, of J. Jaggers.  They never looked completely healthy during the regular season and often looked disinterested.  However, when March arrived they were both at their best.  Simply put, I wouldn't bet on either during the regular season, but I would put some big money down on them in the last tournament in March.

Ness reminds me, in many ways, of J. Jaggers.  They never looked completely healthy during the regular season and often looked disinterested.  However, when March arrived they were both at their best.  Simply put, I wouldn't bet on either during the regular season, but I would put some big money down on them in the last tournament in March.

Jaggers won 2 NCAA titles.  Ness hasn't any and has only this year to get to 1. With Green and Miller in his way, let alone Marstellar, I don't see him getting even that one title. 

Ness also placed 2nd and 4th his first 2 years while Jaggers went DNP(Qualified but Did not participate due to injury), and 7th.  My point wasn't to compare finishes.  It was to point out how they elevated themselves on the Big Stage.  They would both have headscratchers during the season but were fully on their game in March.

Also, Jaggers only had 1 until he used his last year to get 2.  If Ness makes the finals, let alone wins it, I would think it was safe to say he was at his best in March........

Ness also placed 2nd and 4th his first 2 years while Jaggers went DNP(Qualified but Did not participate due to injury), and 7th.  My point wasn't to compare finishes.  It was to point out how they elevated themselves on the Big Stage.  They would both have headscratchers during the season but were fully on their game in March.

Also, Jaggers only had 1 until he used his last year to get 2.  If Ness makes the finals, let alone wins it, I would think it was safe to say he was at his best in March........

No doubt he is at his best in March. I totally agree with that. 

EDIT: Ness is awesomely exciting too, and I love watching him wrestle. I just don't think he is any sort of odds on favorite given his style of wrestling. 

Edited by TBar1977

Ness is a stud, but studs are about 10 deep at every weight.  His unorthodox style keeps you honest, that's for sure.  I may regret saying this in March, but it seems to me that John usually does a pretty good job of keeping his guys safe from funk.  Pendleton/Askren and Ringer/Ness finals come to mind.

Ness is a stud, but studs are about 10 deep at every weight.  His unorthodox style keeps you honest, that's for sure.  I may regret saying this in March, but it seems to me that John usually does a pretty good job of keeping his guys safe from funk.  Pendleton/Askren and Ringer/Ness finals come to mind.

Foster slipped up though.

Jaggers won 2 NCAA titles.  Ness hasn't any and has only this year to get to 1. With Green and Miller in his way, let alone Marstellar, I don't see him getting even that one title. 

You do realize that Ness has never placed below either of these wrestlers at Nationals and defeated both of them at this year's NCAA's, right?

So what? Green beat him pretty easily at Big10's last year, and he then won University nationals. Miller pinned Ness last year, and he then also won University Nationals beating Tyler Caldwell twice. 

\

Ness finished 6th at Big10's. The guy loses often enough for me to not pick him to win NCAA's. 

awesome. good to know. but that doesnt preclude Ness from reminding someone of jaggers. in fact, a guy wrestling poorly on a DIII team could remind someone of jaggers. that's how similes work. no one was asking anyone to pick their NCAA champs. 

You do realize that Ness has never placed below either of these wrestlers at Nationals and defeated both of them at this year's NCAA's, right?

So what? Green beat him pretty easily at Big10's last year, and he then won University nationals. Miller pinned Ness last year, and he then also won University Nationals beating Tyler Caldwell twice. 

\

Ness finished 6th at Big10's. The guy loses often enough for me to not pick him to win NCAA's. Marstellar could also beat him. Isacc Jordan could beat him. Ness isn't the kind of wrestler that you could predict in September he'd win NCAA's in March. Could he? Sure. So could several guys that that weight. 

Edited by TBar1977

awesome. good to know. but that doesnt preclude Ness from reminding someone of jaggers. in fact, a guy wrestling poorly on a DIII team could remind someone of jaggers. that's how similes work. no one was asking anyone to pick their NCAA champs. 

Enough opf this nonsense. Before you got needlessly bent out of shape, which is par for the course with you, I was responding to the fact MSU wrote that he'd bet a lot of money on him in March. That reads like a pick to win NCAA's. 

No knock on Ness at all, and for the third time he's an exciting wrestler. Why you got your little panties in a wad is a mystery. 

\

Ness finished 6th at Big10's. The guy loses often enough for me to not pick him to win NCAA's. Marstellar could also beat him. Isacc Jordan could beat him. Ness isn't the kind of wrestler that you could predict in September he'd win NCAA's in March. Could he? Sure. So could several guys that that weight. 

I would be shocked if Isaac Jordan beat Ness this year. Mostly because they will be at different weights.

Ness lost to one person at BIG, Green. He then Med. Forfeited to 6th.

Enough opf this nonsense. Before you got needlessly bent out of shape, which is par for the course with you, I was responding to the fact MSU wrote that he'd bet a lot of money on him in March. That reads like a pick to win NCAA's. 

No knock on Ness at all, and for the third time he's an exciting wrestler. Why you got your little panties in a wad is a mystery. 

sorry tbar. also how did you know im wearing panties? 

Yes Shuck, you're right.   I shed a few tears for Clayton.  That was a tough one.  Very happy that he's back up on the mat.  I seem to remember Coach Gable saying, in his Coaching Wrestling Book, that he liked his guys to have a big move that their opponents always had to respect.  I like that, and to me at least, it feels like Ness has that, but possibly relys/needs that just a bit too much.  Instead of something his opponents have to worry about, it's something that he almost has to score to win.  He gets better every season, so we'll see if he can bag a title this season.  What a line-up the Gophers are putting on the mat.  I know JRob can't coach forever, but Lordy, he puts amazing teams on the mat almost every season.

Edited by smittyfan

CP from Flo's projected lineup, my projected finishes(don't know a lot about some of them)

Klimara-R12-low AA

Heil- R12

Collica(not sure he can make the weight)- R16

Kin(u)dig(it)- Top 4

Marstellar- Top 4

Ringer- Finalist

Krutchmer- R12

Rogers- R16

Schaeffer- NQ

Marsden- Top 6

OK State is putting together a sneeky good lineup. 

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251632-Preachin-With-CP/video/751259-Preachin-More-NCAA-News-and-Updates#.VBxRJ_ldV64