TBar1977

Marstellar will be at 157

Marsteller had a tight match with Koo, and Koo beat Blees convincingly for 3rd 12-5. Unless Chance separates himself a lot more from Koo, I would redshirt him and let Koo wrestle 157. As of now there is not a lot of separation between the two wrestlers. Let Chance get better acclimated to college wrestling and wrestle open tourneys at 165. Just my opinion. Either way I am rooting for the guy, I just want to see him at his best. 

Marsteller had a tight match with Koo, and Koo beat Blees convincingly for 3rd 12-5. Unless Chance separates himself a lot more from Koo, I would redshirt him and let Koo wrestle 157. As of now there is not a lot of separation between the two wrestlers. Let Chance get better acclimated to college wrestling and wrestle open tourneys at 165. Just my opinion. Either way I am rooting for the guy, I just want to see him at his best. 

.Marstellar suffered a head butt and broken nose in his second match. Someone at the match thought that he was momentarily concussed, but that was not the case and he continued on. However, the nose apparamntly bled profusely in his subsequent matches, includimng the Koo match. Have to give Chance some credit for fighting thru that injury. 

Chance's nose only bleeds in 100% of his matches.

There is a difference between a regular nose bleed and the kind of bleed that comes with a broken nose. Give the kid some credit, he won his first collegiate open despite injury and beating some good wrestlers. Skates is hardly chopped liver.

There is a difference between a regular nose bleed and the kind of bleed that comes with a broken nose. Give the kid some credit, he won his first collegiate open despite injury and beating some good wrestlers. Skates is hardly chopped liver.

Stating a fact.

I have seen a ton of his matches and he bleeds in all of them. 

The only thing about watching him wrestle I don't like is he can't keep his matches under 10 minutes.

Not denying him credit at all, really just mocking idiots that sell kids up the river after one event.

I need time to make a real evaluation.  With OSU's schedule he'll certainly show his ability one way or the other.

If Chance can make the weight and wrestle to his ability why not have him start at 157 this year.  Next year red shirt him if he becomes to big for the weight class and grows into 165 this will be AD senior year.  The following year AD will be gone and Chance can wrestle 165.

Stating a fact.

I have seen a ton of his matches and he bleeds in all of them. 

The only thing about watching him wrestle I don't like is he can't keep his matches under 10 minutes.

Not denying him credit at all, really just mocking idiots that sell kids up the river after one event.

I need time to make a real evaluation.  With OSU's schedule he'll certainly show his ability one way or the other.

You are like the msg. board trolls who claim Penn State fans hate Chance, or that they have chAnged their tune about him. That type of statement is false and your statement here that fans are selling him up the river is equally false. 

You are like the msg. board trolls who claim Penn State fans hate Chance, or that they have chAnged their tune about him. That type of statement is false and your statement here that fans are selling him up the river is equally false. 

Ahhh, there are plenty of PSU fans who quickly changed their tune on this kid.  He went from the Anointed One, to a bum with health issues and attitude problems.

He has a stocky, thick body.  He can cut some weight, just because he never really has had to doesn't mean he can't do it.

Ahhh, there are plenty of PSU fans who quickly changed their tune on this kid.  He went from the Anointed One, to a bum with health issues and attitude problems.

He has a stocky, thick body.  He can cut some weight, just because he never really has had to doesn't mean he can't do it.

You people keep saying this happened, and that it came from Penn State fans. Where are all these posts? Link them, or the b.s. meter will say you are wrong. 

Sure.  Except I could care less what PSU fans say or do or think about Chance.

Other than that, you nailed it.

I was there, every time Chance moved Skates backed up. Pretty hard to score when somebody does that. Koo is a very good wrestler as his score against Blees  shows. Wrestle offs next weekend, which John doesn't always put much stock in the winner. Chance wrestled much better in the tournament than he does in the room. The wrestle offs are a closed practice, there will be a few surprises but I'm not at liberty to say right now. will post on the winners next week. 

Chance had controlled wins, too many people expect him to tech fall everyone like he did in high school.  He is wrestling grown men that know how to slow things down and hand fight.  I don't care who you are, its college and a win is a win.  I also think his expectations are blown way out of whack.  Let the kid develop, he will be fine.

Chance had controlled wins, too many people expect him to tech fall everyone like he did in high school.  He is wrestling grown men that know how to slow things down and hand fight.  I don't care who you are, its college and a win is a win.  I also think his expectations are blown way out of whack.  Let the kid develop, he will be fine.

Well stated, okiespike. Like you said, a win is a win at this level, especially when a true freshman is controlling the action against a pretty good 4th year guy. 

Precisely my point, without the sarcasm.