Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

Bo Jordan to Ohio State

If all wrestlers stay healthy the Buckeyes room is going to be packed with talent. Still on my class of 2013 wish list: Edgar Bright, Domenic Abounader, Nathan Tomasello, and Anthony Collica, but maybe I'm just getting greedy.

It's an important pickup for an Ohio State team that wants to keep pace with the top programs in terms of recruiting. It also signals a willingness by Graham (read--Jeff Jordan) to send a kid to Ohio State. It also means the Bucks have a solid opportunity to get future Jordans--all of whom are also outstanding.

Oh...and Bo's really good.

Wisconsin fans won't be happy. Many of them thought he was headed to Madison.

It was between Ohio State and PSU.

Indeed. Cael swooped in late apparently and made things interesting. I think at one point was between wisc and tOSU, but the later stages Wisc seemed to have faded out and PSU was the challenger.

What I don't get is how the "rich can keep getting richer" in this day and age of 9.9 scholarships to give out? How can a team possibly stock the cupboards with 5-6 potential national champs, each of whom can easily command a full ride? How can they sufficiently spread that money around those studs plus the other good wrestlers who provide the supporting cast?

I just don't get that.

What I don't get is how the "rich can keep getting richer" in this day and age of 9.9 scholarships to give out? How can a team possibly stock the cupboards with 5-6 potential national champs, each of whom can easily command a full ride? How can they sufficiently spread that money around those studs plus the other good wrestlers who provide the supporting cast?

I just don't get that.

If kids get good enough grades to get academic scholarships, that can free up the money to bring more guys in.

I just don't get that.

If kids get good enough grades to get academic scholarships, that can free up the money to bring more guys in.

That and the fact that tOSU and PSU have gotten a lot of stud in-state recruits as of late and these athletes would be paying in-state tuition which would be cheaper than out of state tuition. No matter how you look at it, college is expensive but that makes the student loan hit a bit less. Plus a lot of these kids have been wrestling against/with each other since they were little and they are often times friends. Going to a school with friends can often times make the college transition easier.

Yes they wont be happy but they will all claim there is nothing wrong in madtown. Good bunch of fans but it's time for them to pull there heads out of the sand and look what is going on around them

It was between Ohio State and PSU.

That is surprising to hear. There was none of the usual possible recruit chatter on the Penn State forums.

Up until last night, all I'd heard was Ohio State and Wisconsin. I think that Cael became a late and persuasive player in the BoJo sweepstakes and that everything happened quickly and over a relatively short period of time. I also think that everyone involved in this situation stayed quiet.

I just don't get that.

I was under the impression that if they use academic scholarships it has to count towards the 9.9 scholarship limit. Is this wrong?

With other St. Paris Graham wrestlers (besides David Taylor) poised to make marks at the D1 level, it's important for Ohio State to bring in wresters from Jeff Jordan's program. Getting one of his son's appears to be a great start.

I just don't get that.

I was under the impression that if they use academic scholarships it has to count towards the 9.9 scholarship limit. Is this wrong?

Nope .... "Brain Money" is separate from Athletics.

I Just went through it with my son. Between Academic money, and soccer money ... He's 100% covered for college. Two separate things.

In fact, if a wrestler is a good student, all the better. Relieves the pressure on the wrestling team allocation of funds. If a family is half-way smart about it, and start early, there is still a TON of cash to be had, as a kid enters College.

Suffice it to say the B1G will have four top-5 schools for years to come with Iowa, Minnie, tOSU, and PSU. I dare say tOSU has a strong chance to win it all come 2015. It may be sooner if PSU somehow loses Ruth and Taylor from the starting lineup (injury). All four programs are looking strong and recruiting very well.

Suffice it to say the B1G will have four top-5 schools for years to come with Iowa, Minnie, tOSU, and PSU. I dare say tOSU has a strong chance to win it all come 2015. It may be sooner if PSU somehow loses Ruth and Taylor from the starting lineup (injury). All four programs are looking strong and recruiting very well.

I think you can add Michigan to that list. A very good 2012 recruiting class, and Pritz/Bormet there to (hopefully) continue to help bring in new recruits and develop the current team.

Do you really think that Bo didn't make up his own mind and had to be "sent" to Ohio State?

Wrestlers of this caliber make spot/executive decisions all the time....aren't subordinate to "handlers", even if its his Dad nor Uncle. I know Jeffy Jordan,,,,he is all about individual's choice...why do you think he coaches so well? He doesn't try to shove them all into a "box" and make them wrestle like he did...

Guhhhhhh

It's an important pickup for an Ohio State team that wants to keep pace with the top programs in terms of recruiting. It also signals a willingness by Graham (read--Jeff Jordan) to send a kid to Ohio State. It also means the Bucks have a solid opportunity to get future Jordans--all of whom are also outstanding.

Oh...and Bo's really good.