Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

Bo Jordan to Ohio State

Suffice it to say the B1G will have four top-5 schools for years to come with Iowa, Minnie, tOSU, and PSU. I dare say tOSU has a strong chance to win it all come 2015. It may be sooner if PSU somehow loses Ruth and Taylor from the starting lineup (injury). All four programs are looking strong and recruiting very well.

I think you can add Michigan to that list. A very good 2012 recruiting class, and Pritz/Bormet there to (hopefully) continue to help bring in new recruits and develop the current team.

I'd love to see Michigan in the top-5. Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. are also looking very tough. I think Oregon State will continue to improve its rankings as well.

Do you really think that Bo didn't make up his own mind and had to be "sent" to Ohio State?

Wrestlers of this caliber make spot/executive decisions all the time....aren't subordinate to "handlers", even if its his Dad nor Uncle. I know Jeffy Jordan,,,,he is all about individual's choice...why do you think he coaches so well? He doesn't try to shove them all into a "box" and make them wrestle like he did...

Guhhhhhh

Actually a pretty good point.

BM: I wasn't implying that Bo Jordan didn't make up his own mind. But all Buckeye wrestling fans are aware of the fact that not a single Graham stud has headed to Columbus. Maybe it was always coincidence?

Do you really think that Bo didn't make up his own mind and had to be "sent" to Ohio State?

Wrestlers of this caliber make spot/executive decisions all the time....aren't subordinate to "handlers", even if its his Dad nor Uncle. I know Jeffy Jordan,,,,he is all about individual's choice...why do you think he coaches so well? He doesn't try to shove them all into a "box" and make them wrestle like he did...

Guhhhhhh

It's an important pickup for an Ohio State team that wants to keep pace with the top programs in terms of recruiting. It also signals a willingness by Graham (read--Jeff Jordan) to send a kid to Ohio State. It also means the Bucks have a solid opportunity to get future Jordans--all of whom are also outstanding.

Oh...and Bo's really good.

BM: I wasn't implying that Bo Jordan didn't make up his own mind. But all Buckeye wrestling fans are aware of the fact that not a single Graham stud has headed to Columbus. Maybe it was always coincidence?

Guhhhhhh

It's an important pickup for an Ohio State team that wants to keep pace with the top programs in terms of recruiting. It also signals a willingness by Graham (read--Jeff Jordan) to send a kid to Ohio State. It also means the Bucks have a solid opportunity to get future Jordans--all of whom are also outstanding.

Oh...and Bo's really good.

Your wording in the original post left room for interpretation/trolling, but yeah Jeff Jordan's son wrestling for Ohio State is absolutely meaningful to the program beyond just acquiring another blue chip recruit.

Stunning turn of events. Wisconsin fans must be devastated. The negatives keep piling up for Madison.

I think there is a point after which we Wisconsin fans have become numb to the bad news. Recognize it? Sure. But feel any worse about the program? I think any number of fans are at the bottom of that barrel already.

There's not many other directions to go from here but...I dare not complete the thought for fear of jinxing any of the positives that are still in place.

I am getting a bit suspicious about this "news" as it has been about a week since it "broke" on an Ohio wrestling forum but none of the major "official" wrestling sites, e.g. the Inter-Mat, The Mat.com, etc., have made a similar announcement. Wouldn't it be expected that if this news was being reported among anonymous forum junkies that at least one of the major sites would have followed-up on the issue and contacted one or more of the parties involved to confirm and report?

Anybody have some insight on this issue?

Stunning turn of events. Wisconsin fans must be devastated. The negatives keep piling up for Madison.

NO KIDDING!!!! I don't recall seeing a program implode like that in a long time.

Something is "broken".

Meanwhile, tOSU is building a log jam at that weight range. However it all shakes out, they'll have the bodies.

NO KIDDING!!!! I don't recall seeing a program implode like that in a long time.

Something is "broken".

Meanwhile, tOSU is building a log jam at that weight range. However it all shakes out, they'll have the bodies.

NOTHING is "broken" just go to the wisconsin wrestling forum and look at all the post regarding this issues. Nothing is wrong and everyone is "all in" the program is solid, they have Graff, Wonder kid Thielke, Medberry, the list goes on and on, they also should have TONS of scholarship money left over with the departure of a few wrestlers. Things are looking up for the Badgers.