Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Piccinninni to Oklahoma State

Grappler, I don't have inside information, but it could be any of several factors.  

- Yes, 125 won't be up for grabs at PSU for two years.  

- It is easier for OkState to offer a better financial package than Penn State because of tuition costs.  

- Penn State may be saving up for a full ride for Spencer Lee (which could blow up in their face if Lee goes elsewhere).  

- Weather.

- Piccininni went down to Stillwater, loved it, and made a "gut" decision.  I tend to think this factor is increasingly diminishing (at least I hope so for the sake of athletes).  

- Finally, as with anywhere, Cael's program isn't comfortable for everyone.  Some personalities aren't a good fit (or other programs are a better fit).

Edited by potdangerous

Nice pickup for them. TBar Do you think the uncertainty of PSU's 125 caused Pic to go OK St instead of PSU?

We'll never really know. It isn't like the kid is going to say he went to Oklahoma State to avoid trying to win a spot at another school. We could be looking at Conoway - Conoway - Megaludis the next three years at Penn State at 125, so the spot may not really be open @PSU until the 2017-2018 season. 

This kid is really good and I enjoy watching him wrestle. 

Edited by TBar1977

Grappler, I don't have inside information, but it could be any of several factors.  

- Yes, 125 won't be up for grabs at PSU for two years.  

- It is easier for OkState to offer a better financial package than Penn State because of tuition costs.  

- Penn State may be saving up for a full ride for Spencer Lee (which could blow up in their face if Lee goes elsewhere).  

- Weather.

- Piccininni went down to Stillwater, loved it, and made a "gut" decision.  I tend to think this factor is increasingly diminishing (at least I hope so for the sake of athletes).  

- Finally, as with anywhere, Cael's program isn't comfortable for everyone.  Some personalities aren't a good fit (or other programs are a better fit).

Not to mention, it isn't a foregone conclusion that PSU will nab whatever recruit they covet, especially when that recruit isn't a PA Boy.

Nevertheless, this kid is really good, and I was shocked when he beat WPIAL/PIAA stud Luke Pletcher in easy fashion. Okie State sure is doing well in the arms race the past year or so.