Sign in to follow this  
JohnathanCakes

Minnesota Releases Schedule: Competing at Hawaii Invitational (?)

I have to imagine Americans motivation could be to get Terao a chance to wrestle in front of his home crowd. Has to be a very cool experience, I'm sure Travis Lee would have loved the same opportunity.

His brother is also on the team now. I wonder how many times David was able to go home for the holidays in previous years. It is nearly 5,000 miles from DC to Honolulu which makes it about 40 miles closer to DC than Moscow, Russia.

Edited by Pinnum

Is this a JV open tournament or a Varsity tournament or a Dual tournament? I'm confused. Cool recruiting perk for those schools. Not many wrestlers get to go to Hawaii mid season.

New tourney with a handful of teams.  It is a varsity tournament with individual round robin format.

Glad to finally see this in wrestling. We see basketball and football teams do this all the time - the only difference is, those teams usually are doing it not just for the vacation benefits, but the profit, since the hosts are probably gonna be paying big money for the publicity. I can't see anyone shelling out big bucks to fly in some wrestling teams, but who knows?

PSU's football team went to Ireland this season, and I'm pretty sure I remember the basketball team going to Puerto Rico a year or two ago. Congratz to those four programs.