Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Rizzo

InterMat Ranking WTFs

If this were January, we'd clearly rank Cullinan, but I think the burden of proof needs to exist for a clear starter to emerge. As long as there have been intrasquads, starters get beat time and time again, it doesnt necessarily change who the coach inserts into the lineup

CMU has one dual and an intrasquad, maybe in a week or two, this issue will be dead and will matter not.

It's November, there are still many ways to interpret things. We are going with the wait and see with the proven guy first until it's clear he's won the spot. I'd he'd beaten Roth at MSU Open, Cullinan would be the guy.

I sent this from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Cullinan 2-1 at Journeymen Duals today, beat #10 Steve Bonnano of Hofstra 5-1 and Kyle Garcia of Oklahoma 8-3. Lost 6-3 to #9 Nahshon Garrett of Cornell.

Do we still have to wait until January to see if he's the starter/deserves to be ranked?

Or does he need to start in more duals and beat more ranked wrestlers first?

Cullinan 2-1 at Journeymen Duals today, beat #10 Steve Bonnano of Hofstra 5-1 and Kyle Garcia of Oklahoma 8-3. Lost 6-3 to #9 Nahshon Garrett of Cornell.

Do we still have to wait until January to see if he's the starter/deserves to be ranked?

Or does he need to start in more duals and beat more ranked wrestlers first?

so he started in a dual event AFTER JB said he it could be a dead issue after a few weeks and you still have to pull out your weiner and shout "I was right , I was right!!!!!"

We all bow to your superior CMU knowledge, Coach.

GuillermoBilletas,

I said that people around here were saying Cullinan was the starter and would be the one wrestling in this event. I made my case that Cullinan based on results should be the one to be ranked. JB said if it was January, Cullinan would be the one ranked.

And you're right, two days ago, he did say in a week or two there might be enough proof.

I'm not jumping on here saying I was right, I was right. I am far from having any superior CMU knowledge and from what I've heard, Roth could still earn his spot back, that doesn't mean he's earned the right to be ranked at this point (or before this point).

I would love to say something very rude, but instead I'll ask you politely to refrain from commenting anything about my wiener in the future.

GuillermoBilletas,

I said that people around here were saying Cullinan was the starter and would be the one wrestling in this event. I made my case that Cullinan based on results should be the one to be ranked. JB said if it was January, Cullinan would be the one ranked.

And you're right, two days ago, he did say in a week or two there might be enough proof.

I'm not jumping on here saying I was right, I was right. I am far from having any superior CMU knowledge and from what I've heard, Roth could still earn his spot back, that doesn't mean he's earned the right to be ranked at this point (or before this point).

I would love to say something very rude, but instead I'll ask you politely to refrain from commenting anything about my wiener in the future.

Look Danny- you are either snarky, or you aren't. You can't post your insolent little commentary all this thread and then suddenly take the high road when someone throws it back at you.

You got what you wanted, look at the tone of your post to JB. I've had my issues with him in the past but he is always here to answer questions and take abuse.

GuillermoBilletas,

Look Danny- you are either snarky, or you aren't. You can't post your insolent little commentary all this thread and then suddenly take the high road when someone throws it back at you.

You got what you wanted, look at the tone of your post to JB. I've had my issues with him in the past but he is always here to answer questions and take abuse.

You're right, my post were borderline sexually offensive.

And I did not take the high road. You're a straight up idiot. I just refrained from saying what I wanted to say. I'm mature enough to know what is inappropriate language for a public forum.

I was hardly rude to JB anymore than JB was to me (which was not at all).

Bonnano might be too high at #10, but who would you put there instead? I think Triggas is too high at #11.

Back to Winston for a moment, I'm thinking the move back down to 157 will be helpful. He was clearly overmatched at 165 and it's now or never. Doubtful he'll do much against the better 57'lbrs., but he's been a serviceable wrestler over the course of his career.

I think Winston will AA this year. Rutgers haters (why are there so many of you anyway?!?!) should focus their attention on Mason, who may not even make nationals the way he is wrestling.... I figured Molinaro would help Mason, but that doesn't seem to be the case so far. Any inside info? Is Mason injured? Why did they forfeit against army @ 149?Z and RInaldi look tough and Langel looks healthy and will be a handful for anyone. They have a good lineup this year and should have a couple of guys that can make a run late season! The only weak weight class looks like 197 from an outsiders perspective.

No hating here, I like Rutgers but no mystery when it comes to Mason. He's weak as a kitten, just look at him. No upper body strength, probably hasn't touched a weight in his life. He's got skills but he's never going to be effective without any juice.

Wilps undefeated with win over Massa yet Massa stays 10 and Wilps is 16?
Wilps is not a Big 10 guy. :roll:

Seriously though is there something I'm missing here?

Tongue in cheek comment, but I'm personally not a big fan of Intermat's rankings - the fact that they sponser BTN broadcasts undermines their credibility some, IMO.

I've always prefered Gregg Henry's WR rankings, I think he does a pretty fair job of it; but to each their own! 8-)