Sign in to follow this  
jeffroberts

Can you prove you cancelled your flowrestling account?

I cancelled my membership to flow after my son's freshman year, he said he didn't use it enough to pay that much for it.   During his sophomore year we found another bill for flow and asked they return the money through our Discover Card account.  Our Discover Card resolution returned the money to us.  

We changed our DiscoverCard number to avoid being billed again.  I noticed we were billed again during his junior year using our old number credit card number and Discover Card somehow allowed to them to bill us under.  I called Discover Card and disputed the bill again this past year.  I am currently in an investigation and Discover Card says I have to provide proof of the phone call from three years ago to avoid being billed again.  I asked if cancelling Discover Card would prevent them from billing us again.  I was told by the Discover Card representative that this was a reaccuring charge and unless we could provide proof that we cancelled the charge through flow they could put a charge against our credit rating.

Be very careful.

I bet you can produce a phone record, even that far back. You might even be able to print and show them some of the feedback here. There are quite a lot of threads.

Of course, flowrestling could just correct this rather easily on their own.

Sadly this has become an all too familiar issue with Flo.   At this point I'd suggest trying to cut your losses.  Cancel cards, don't allow anyone you know to sign up with anything other than a prepaid card with only a limited amount of money on it.   They've burned me and my pappi.   

That sounds quite frustrating. I would suggest that you email martin@flocasts.org. He runs the company and has been known to step in.

There have certainly been much talk about Flowrestling's billing system woes, so I'm not surprised that something went wrong. But based on your post here (and in the high school thread):

1. Credit card companies do allow recurring charges to go through even after a credit card number has been changed. Apparently Amex allows it for 1-2 billing cycles, to help consumers have enough time to contact their billers. But tell Discover they're doing it wrong if they're still accepting the old number for years.

2.  If the charge happened in January, why did you wait until August to try to resolve it with Flo? There is actually a legal process, in which you have to inform your credit card company about erroneous charges within a timely manner. I'm not letting Flo off the hook here... just saying that bill payers have certain obligations to review their statements and report problems.

3. Whenever I actually cancel a service, I would always keep a copy of that cancellation email. Otherwise, anyone can tell the credit card company years later that they cancelled -- even if it's not true.

4. Sad that you have to do this, but with Flo or any other online subscription, I would use a disposable credit card number. Gift cards are fine. Better yet, your bank may have a system for generating one-time use numbers for online shopping.  Obviously, the ideal solution is for Flo to resolve it.

5. Can Flo look up how many times you've used the subscription since you allegedly signed up for it? If they notice that you have never actually logged into the website since January, I think it helps your case.

Good luck to you in resolving this!

The latest in my attempt to get my money back is below.  You will have to read from the bottom up to follow the e mails.

Amazing that a company that can look at our log ons and know we stopped this his freshman year still thinks they should bill us.

Emails are below:

We put a block on our card two years ago when your company tried to bill us again after we cancelled.  Changed our credit card number and got

Our money refunded that year.  The block on the system ran out and your charge got
Through.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 27, 2014, at 2:00 PM, "Vince Barber" vince.barber@flocasts.com> wrote:

It is in our billing system as you signing up in January of this year.

Vincent Barber
Customer Service 
Representative
Flocasts LLC

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Jeffrey Roberts 
Jeffrey.Roberts@nkcschools.org>
 wrote:

We cancelled this years ago.  How can you keep billing after we cancelled the account?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 27, 2014, at 1:58 PM, "Vince Barber" vince.barber@flocasts.com> wrote:

I am not able to refund your account.  It was a yearly account and your request to refund more than the time we allow for a grace period for this account to be cancelled.

I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Vincent Barber
Customer Service 
Representative
Flocasts LLC

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Jeffrey Roberts
 wrote:

That was the charge.  We cancelled that account several years ago and can't get the billing stopped.  Refund our money an stop billing us.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 27, 2014, at 1:45 PM, "Vince Barber" vince.barber@flocasts.com> wrote:

What was the charge for? I am only seeing a yearly charge for January of this year.

Vincent Barber
Customer Service 
Representative
Flocasts LLC

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Jeffrey Roberts
 wrote:

I don’t know which e mail address was used for the account, it has been so long ago we have had different  e mail addresss.

You can search 
jeffstephaneiroberts@kc.rr.com
jeffroberts@rainbowtel.net
 or
hunterroberts93@gmail.com
.  Either way  our discover card account keeps getting billed.

Vince Barber vince.barber@flocasts.com>

Date: 
Friday, September 26, 2014 at 4:13 PM

To: 
Jeffrey Roberts Jeffrey.Roberts@nkcschools.org>

Subject: 
Re: Billing Issue

Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in answering this email.  Can you tell me the email address that was used to create the account and I will be able to straighten this issue out for you right away.

Vincent Barber
Customer Service 
Representative
Flocasts LLC

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Jeffrey Roberts
 wrote:

I am Jeff Roberts.  I purchased a flow membership during my son’s freshman year for him to use.  We cancelled it after the first year.  We were billed during his sophomore year and disputed the charge through Discover and had our money returned to us.   We were billed again during his Junior year and have disputed the charge, it is under investigation with discover card now.

I have e mailed you on the contact information on the site and have not received a return e mail.

Please stop billing us, we cancelled this years ago.

Why does the billing system say you signed up in January of this year?  Did you take advantage of some free trial offer? Did someone else in your household do this? Or is that statement entirely a falsehood?

If they can look at your logins and see that you have never used the service during this billing period, I think the right thing to do is to refund your money (although it would be done as a courtesy, not out of legal obligation). As for claims that you got your money back last year, I'm sure the credit company assisted you with the chargeback. That doesn't guarantee that your credit card company reached out to Flo directly about the situation. If nobody told Flo at the time, they weren't told they had to take some action.

As for January 2014's billing, it's now October. You would've had better luck if you looked at your billing statement for inconsistencies and taken care of them at the time of the billing, as is probably required by your credit card company agreement.

FInally, Discover is an awful card which I got rid of several years ago. They were useless in helping me with the most basic of issues. Thanks for sharing your story which completely validates what I think about them.