jolugogar

Grappling is back.

Grappling is back to UWW (FILA).

I'm not talking about Submission Pankration.

During the UWW Congress in London some national federations led by Russia (incluiding Greece, Italy, Spain, Iran, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Switzerland, USA, Kazahstan, and Canada) asked UWW for Grappling's return and UWW accepted the readmission.

The Grappling World Championship will be held from 20th to 23rd of November in Moscow.

The rules, for the moment, are the same as in the SportAccord Games.

USAW replied to me that they were waiting to see if FILA would sanction this event.

Who is this organization or organizations who are putting on this tournament in Moscow? Can you provide a website address and/or email for them?

After the last FILA World Grappling Championships in Canada there was talk of a new grappling federation being formed, probably from the people who ran the FILA grappling, but I have heard nothing about this since. Do you know anything about this, if it happened or not?

Since you have shown you are someone with current knowledge of grappling events, any answers to the previous questions would be appreciated by myself and others interested in world level grappling.

The next United World Wrestling Grappling events are in the official calendar of the international federation. Pankration also offer a new competition format with mma style uniforms and different levels of contact. In Russia there are tournament with United World Wrestling ruleset and pro competition in the same event. Pankration is the first mma style in the history.

United World Wrestling agreed the 8th of November in Moscow that they would take control over grappling from the 1st of january, and the person in charge in that discipline would be Rizvan Bochkaev, president of the Russian Grappling Federation. Finally the Grappling World Championships held in Moscow in november weren't sanctioned by UWW but by the International Grappling Federation (IGF), and they were organized by Mr Bochkaev to continue the grapplng activity. The rules were FILA rules. Now this International Grappling Federation has disappeared to integrated in the Grappling Commitee of UWW that doesn't depend on the Pankration Committee.

In the IGF World Championships in Moscow it was agreed that the European World Championships will be held in Italy in June, the Senior Worlds in October in Turkey, and the rest of the categories in August in Russia. Also they agreed to change a little the FILA ruleset.

It's a pity that UWW doesn`t update their website with the last news & info on the Non-Olympic Section.

Similar to Pankration submission. But I don't like points for submission attemps. The catch wrestling ruleset is better for a wrestling federation. In my opinion. But I prefer this grappling ruleset. The past regulations were too bjj oriented.

Edited by WreslingSuperior