Coolbeans

Pico Vs Hall

For whatever reason, I m being asked a lot about the result of such a match given all things were equal.

While I see Pico lopsidedly taking apart Retherford, I hear tales of very accomplished mn wrestlers still trying to get a clean takedown on Mr. Hall.  

My personal venture at guess leads me to believe Hall is the b\more refined wrestler with greater upward mobility so to speak) in our sport.

thoughts? 

While I think Hall is a slick, calculating, highly skilled wrestler, he doesn't have the grit and all out onslaught of intensity of strength and explosiveness of Pico. I feel like Pico is in a way kinda one dimensional but he plays that dimension so so well. I only say this because you only see him do snaps and go behinds for the most part. He does have a great ankle lace too. But I have not seen him attack legs successfully and consistently in a long time. Nevertheless, his skill set has certainly has got him pretty damn far (cadet gold, junior silver). I think Pico takes this one by a margin of 4-6 points or so.  

You will see this match one day soon as i believe they are all future 74kg guys.  Pico needs to continue to develop his attacks at neutral.  He must to a better job moving his feet and creating angles.  If he doesn't make improvements in those areas, all of the above guys will pass him domestically.  

You will see this match one day soon as i believe they are all future 74kg guys.  Pico needs to continue to develop his attacks at neutral.  He must to a better job moving his feet and creating angles.  If he doesn't make improvements in those areas, all of the above guys will pass him domestically.  

If true they are in for a long wait before winning a senior level national championship. Can't see either of them beating Burroughs, Taylor or Dake right now.

If true they are in for a long wait before winning a senior level national championship. Can't see either of them beating Burroughs, Taylor or Dake right now.

Agreed. Saw a video of Pico and Burroughs rolling around and Burroughs was just tossing him around.