Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

Past wrestler who deserves a title

Roger Kish. Loved the way he wrestled and love what he is doing at NDSU!

Definitely, especially after how he went out his senior year.

I'm always going to be partial to michigan hs grads but I really wanted Kish to get a title. I will always remember my freshman year of high school at the team state tournament and my team was wrestling Kish's in the state quarter finals. This was his senior year. I was unfamiliar with all his credentials at the time but just knew he was a beast. I was standing next to our starter at 189 waiting to see if our coach was going to bump him up to 215 away from Kish and throw me out as the sacrificial lamb. I was scared to death watching him walk out, my coach decide not to bump up and our starter was pinned in 35 seconds. Our jaws dropped watching our starter get dismantled since our starter wasn't terrible and would go on to be a 2x state qualifer and placer but Kish killed him. Looking back I wish I had been thrown out there just so I could say I wrestled him.

But on the topic of deserving of a title.....Ryan Churella :D

Limarty

that way we would get an even better laugh out of all the people on this board that can't think for themselves an instantly accept as the gospel and absolute truth anything a successful wrestler says.

from the 80s alone, a few that come to mind are Mike Mann (3 wins over Ed Banach and then loses 4-3 in finals), Joe Pantaleo (2 time runner-up, lost as senior in OT to Dan St John), John Orr (2 time runner-up, losing to Gibbons 4-3 as senior), Joe McFarland (lost to eventual world medalists Barry Davis and Kevin Darkus in finals, went on to be a world medalist himself), Junior Saunders (lost on crietria #11 to Santoro, and then a future Olympic medalist), Kevin Jackson (Alger in way and then of course the stellar freestyle career after), and Lenny Zalesky (#1 seed over Metzger 2 years in a row and lost each time in finals to Andre).