I did...it was very close.  If Drake turns on the offense and doesn't wait for Tsirtsis to make a move, he wins that match.  Not taking anything away from Tsirtsis...he won.  But if you look at Houdashelt's record against the top tier last year, it speaks for itself:

1st - Jason Tsirtsis: Houdashelt went 0-1 against (2-1 SV)

2nd - Josh Kindig: Houdashelt went 3-0 against (including 10-2 major)

3rd - Eric Grajales: Houdashelt went 1-0 against (3-1 dec)

4th - David Habat: Houdashelt went 0-1 against (5-4 dec)

6th - Mitchell Minotti: Houdashelt went 1-0 against (3-0 dec)

7th - Kendric Maple: Houdashelt went 1-0 against (3-2 dec)

Plus, Houdashelt pinned Dardanes at the Scuffle, who was ranked #1 at the time, as well as beat Sueflohn 9-3.  Maple was also #1 when Drake beat him.

So, the fact that Houdashelt went 6-2 against NCAA all americans...beating the runner-up 3 times, and only lost by 1 point in his two losses, tells me that he should absolutely be in this discussion.

I definitely believe that Houdashelt is in the discussion.

You say that " If Drake turns on the offense and doesn't wait for Tsirtsis to make a move, he wins that match" maybe that's true, but I must ask: why didn't he turn on the offense? Why did he wait for the freshman to make a move? The ncaa semifinals was a good time to turn on the offense, was it not? He turned on his offense in the regular season, but chose not to at the national tournament? In light of that fact, why should anyone pick him at the 2015 national tournament?

I suppose they could. My point was, in the case of Hunter losing 3 straight, he lost twice to wrestlers that he had already beaten, and once to a wrestler that many expected him to beat. I'm not sure why someone would take issue with me calling that performance a collapse.

I don't agree with you that it was a collapse however you may feel it was a collapse and that is your right  obv.

Many, many wrestlers will lose at NCAAS to those they have beaten before.  Look at the mess at 174

Most every year there is a "low seed" that goes on a run like Kindig last year, or years ago Carl Fronhofer for example.  Anyone remember Earl Walker?

Losing three happened to Dylan Peters last year at 125, at

133 the 5th seed met the 3 seed in finals, at

141 9 seed makes semis 4 seed makes finals, and 3 seed takes 5th, at

149 5th seed wins it beating 11 seed in finals who beat 15th seed in semis who then lost 3 in a row to take 6th, and the 1st seed ended up 5th, at

157 9th seed makes finals losing to 3 seed who beat 7th seed in semis who then took 6th, at

165 finally the seeds followed suit, at

174 6th seed makes semis and 4th seed loses 3 in a row to take 6th, at

184 13th seed makes semis beating 12 seed in quarters, at

197 14th seed makes semis then takes 6th, at

285 5th seed makes semis

I guess the point is there are a lot of upsets (on paper) at the Big Dance and it happens every year and I don't think it will stop, nor do I want it to!

I think in general that at this D1 level they are so close that anything can happen and usually does, that is what makes the tourney so much fun to watch.  I can't wait to get to St. Louis this year.

I definitely believe that Houdashelt is in the discussion.

You say that " If Drake turns on the offense and doesn't wait for Tsirtsis to make a move, he wins that match" maybe that's true, but I must ask: why didn't he turn on the offense? Why did he wait for the freshman to make a move? The ncaa semifinals was a good time to turn on the offense, was it not? He turned on his offense in the regular season, but chose not to at the national tournament? In light of that fact, why should anyone pick him at the 2015 national tournament?

I don't know why he lacked offense in the final minutes against Tsirtsis, but I have to believe that he won't let that happen again.  His aggressive style all season is what got him to the #1 ranking and I'm not sure why he abandoned that.  sbdude mentioned his size and the possibility of Houdashelt losing steam due to the cut towards the end of the tournament.  That could be a factor, but my understanding is that Houdashelt is pretty committed to making weight "the right way" and lives the lifestyle to be able to maintain and not cut tremendous amounts of weight before tournament time.  I could be way off base, though, and he very well could have been worn down and gassed after the rigors of the long tournament.  I really wish it would have been Houdashelt and Tsirtsis at the All Star Classic...I'd be curious to see how a rematch would turn out, and have a hard time understanding why Kindig is going when he's 0-3 against Houdashelt.  Sadly their schedules don't intertwine, so we won't know unless they meet up at the NCAA's again.

All in all, he certainly belongs in the discussion and I think he has just as good a chance as any of the above mentioned to make it to the top of the podium.

Oh no the fs vs folk style debate is sure to follow. haha

I would say that at 149 there are several individuals that are capable of winning the weight class.

If using fs I believe the returning champ at weight lost this spring to Mr. Ashnault who will be a rs fresh this year.  Might as well throw him in the mix now.  Can he be another fr to win 149 following DS and JT?