Sign in to follow this  
Wrestling Ph.D.

Is Kyle Dake's First Competition Back the Bill Farrell International (Formerly NYAC International)?

This may have been discussed already, but considering Kyle Dake is facilitating a clinic at the Bill Farrell International, does this mean he is also planning on competing?

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2014/October/13/Stars-featured-in-clinics-at-Bill-Farrell-International

It would be nice to finally see Kyle Dake back after a 6-9 month injury period and challenge Burroughs, Taylor and others. His presence alone will enhance the competition and fan interest for this upcoming international tournament!

This was the BEST spectator friendly venue. World class wrestling just a foot away from you.

Which one, the NYAC or Hofstra? I'm guessing you're talking about the NYAC. It's been a while, but last time I was at Hofstra for a wrestling meet, you could get pretty close to the action as well.

Yeah, really hope Dake's fully recovered and ready to rock and roll.

I was very disappointed to see the event moved, and I'm originally from Long Island.  So many years of tradition tossed aside (I'm rather sentimental!).  While some may want you to believe Hofstra is more user friendly, I would be very surprised to see any real turn-out.  I'm originally from Long Island, was forced to move to NJ (wife thing), but I loved the trip to the NYAC to see the Holiday tournament.  Hofstra cannot recreate the atmosphere.  I'm still wondering why it was moved.  Wish Sonny were still running the show.

i'm on the other side. i'd much rather go to suburban long island than manhattan. wrestling and coaching at the ac tournament was fun but being there to watch was a hassle. i'm looking forward to sitting in one place and being able to watch any match i like.  i'm also fan of avoiding manhattan traffic and parking.

oh yea, and word on dake?

Edited by gutfirst

Great to read that Kyle Dake is back. Enjoyed Craig Sesker's article.

Have no clue on the logistics of travel for USA wrestlers, but it would be cool to see Dake and a bunch of other tough American wrestlers enter the Yarygin. Would definitely stay up late and follow them on live internet stream. Would be even cooler if FLO covered the "toughest" tournament with live coverage in the crazy hours of the cold winter nights.

Again, I have no clue on travel, schedules, entries and webcast rights. Just having some fun with my favorite sport.