Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

ohio state wrestle off

I was there last night and Micah was the aggressor the entire match. Languis backed up for 6:30 and only took 2 maybe 3 shots. The takedown he got was right at the edge of the mat and a borderline call, at least from my angle on the opposite side. There was a stalling call part way through the first after the third consecutive time Languis backed up and out of bounds, but none after even though backing up was his primary defense.

A true freshman lost 3-2 against a redshirt senior in an October wrestle-off. Not exactly a portent of failure and doom.

No Hunter Stieber?

Nope.

Ryan addressed the crowd before the matches and said a few guys that were not exactly where they would like them to be and since this was a wrestle off in early October and only a single part of the process for choosing the lineup they wouldn’t be wrestling.

He did not name anybody specific but just said things in general terms.  

And yet again you provide another shining example of why you should be banned for being an obvious troll, or maybe troglodyte is a more fitting description.

Don't try to bait me, I won't respond.

I asked a serious question. Why are you so bothered Zebra? Did I ask a ridiculous question? Hunter has lost a wrestle off before, maybe you aren't aware of that.

Languis is a savvy veteran with a full season of B1G experience and some more. Not a surprising result.

From what I saw Micah is the better wrestler but the 4 years of college experience Languis has showed. He backed up as much as the ref would let him and waited for his one chance to score. As I said I thought it was a borderline call but the guy in the striped shirt was closer and ad a better angle than I.  

From what I saw Micah is the better wrestler but the 4 years of college experience Languis has showed. He backed up as much as the ref would let him and waited for his one chance to score. As I said I thought it was a borderline call but the guy in the striped shirt was closer and ad a better angle than I.  

http://www.flowrestling.org/topic/13431-Hunter-Stieber-Falls-In-tOSU-Wrestle-Offs

Check out that link Zebra!

125-Nikko Triggas dec Johnni DiJulius 5-4

133-Logan Stieber fall Drew Stone 1:20

141-Ian Paddock dec Hunter Stieber 7-2

149-Cam Tessari dec Alex Gordon 3-1

157-Josh Demas dec TJ Rigel 6-2

165-Mark Martin maj Joe Grandominico 12-4

174-Nick Heflin maj Matt O'Hara 13-1

184-Kenny Courts maj Craig Thomas 12-2

197-Andrew Campolattano fall Ray Gordon 4:12

285-Peter Capone dec Orry Elor 3-1

Maybe you should do a little more research before you call someone an "obvious troll" or  a "troglodyte"! If you kept up with the OSU wrestling team, you would know this. I remember this wrestle-off got a lot of publicity when it happened.

I'm just kidding with the paddock reference. I think he's a bit dinged up. Not sure about his weight control.

When you say "dinged up", are you talking about Paddock or Stieber? And did Hunter not lose a wrestle-off, or did he lose, but not by a 7-2 score?

Good Lord those last few posts have made my head hurt. I think some people turned their brains off and can't read previous posts and just chose to continue speculating on things that aren't there.

Zebra paraphrases Ryan's quote from before the wrestle-offs that a few people wouldn't be competing tonight because they aren't where they should be just yet. Hunter Stieber is in that group. So Superold decides to spin that around that Stieber lost a wrestle-off and that's why he wasn't competing. Then pulls up results from two years ago when Stieber lost a wrestle-off.  Stieber of course was an All-American at the end of the year, further proving that early season wrestle-offs are not the be all end all.

Edited by tec87

Remember when David Taylor got crushed by Cyler Sanderson in an early season intra-squad?

The real question is whether or not Languis can beat out Demas.  

Yeah he lost like 9-1 in the wrestle-off, then saw him again at an open tournament later that season and lost like 4-3 to Cyler.

And yet again you provide another shining example of why you should be banned for being an obvious troll, or maybe troglodyte is a more fitting description.

Don't try to bait me, I won't respond.

You just responded. Don't try to be cleaver, run mind games, counter-troll or whatever. Simply do not engage.  As a troll my self, I can honestly advise you to just ignore him and move on.

EDIT: Like a skilled magician, I don't like to "reveal the secrets" of trolling, but I make this exception because superold is terrible and not clever. The board hygine will improve vastly if we just let him yell about Tim Flynn in a corner by himself. At least DF is funny.

Edited by GranbyTroll

You just responded. Don't try to be cleaver, run mind games, counter-troll or whatever. Simply do not engage.  As a troll my self, I can honestly advise you to just ignore him and move on.

Since you consider me to be a fellow troll(which I'm not), why are you encouraging people to ignore me? Shouldn't you be doing the opposite? Instigating interaction between us?

EDIT: Like a skilled magician, I don't like to "reveal the secrets" of trolling, but I make this exception because superold is terrible and not clever. The board hygine will improve vastly if we just let him yell about Tim Flynn in a corner by himself. At least DF is funny.

agreed. i'm as guilty as anyone else but enough is enough.

i'm actually pretty interested in discussing Ohio State's potential line up this year, as are most other NCAA fans i'm sure. would be nice not to have every single message board trolled up beyond any redeeming value.