Sign in to follow this  
silver-medal

Stieber V Port at All Star Meet

First, kudos to the organizers.  This event is a far cry from the recent past when too many of the match-ups were Big Ten vs Big Ten.  

Secondly, the last weight announced was Stieber v Port.  The organizers seemed to feel this would be a potential marquee matchup as they never met last season.  Credit to both wrestlers for taking part.  

Curious as to whether or not anyone feels Port has the right style to pull the upset.  

First, kudos to the organizers.  This event is a far cry from the recent past when too many of the match-ups were Big Ten vs Big Ten.  

Secondly, the last weight announced was Stieber v Port.  The organizers seemed to feel this would be a potential marquee matchup as they never met last season.  Credit to both wrestlers for taking part.  

Curious as to whether or not anyone feels Port has the right style to pull the upset.  

I expect big things from Mitchell Port this year. I feel that Port has what it takes to win this matchup.

I don't really know how I feel about Stieber. Sometimes he looks like an unstoppable force. Other times (against really, really good competition) he looks like he's trying to force shots and muscle opponents.

It's true. His game plan doesn't change too much between opponents of different skill levels. Constant shooting and eventually one hits. Stiebers are both very used to recovering from their own "bad" shots.

It's true. His game plan doesn't change too much between opponents of different skill levels. Constant shooting and eventually one hits. Stiebers are both very used to recovering from their own "bad" shots.

There's no need for the quotes around bad. I've seen both Stieber bros shoot more than their fair share of bad shots.

We have some great match ups, for sure. Kudos to the wrestlers and their coaches for supporting this kick off event that is purely volunteer. They support it for many reasons but much due to just plain supporting the sport in a marquee fashion and also that great kids love to compete and put it on the line.

Next week the under card match ups are being released. Those who attend will see an outstanding show!

Go to www.wrestlersinbusiness.org for tickets and the variety of events!!

IMO, Port is bigger and stronger than any other 141 Logan will face this year. I think his size will definately help him keep it relatively close but not enough to get the win. Stieber's relentless attacks will be too much for him. Bigger question in my mind will be if Logan can score any near fall points. Will Ports size and strength be too much for Logan to hold down? Idk. Port is pretty good on top as well, im betting Logan chooses neutral when its his choice.

Im thinking a score like 7-2

Edited by Bucksfan

IMO... Stieber and Port are not in the same league.  In terms of size and strength, look at who Logan wrestled during WTT, etc... I'd argue that Molinaro is just a tiny bit stronger than Port... and Stieber pulled out the victory, overcoming the visible strength difference.  Port's darn good... good enough for #2 this year for sure... but, Stieber's gunning for his 4th, and I reckon he'll start the season with a bang... Prediction?  MD 12-3