Sign in to follow this  
preceptor

Garrett out Waters in

Nothing like ban changing his argument midway through again. Don't recall any backups from F&M or Duke in the match. All I see is 20 All-Americans, 6 national champions and the lowest ranked wrestler in the main event is either the #4 in D1 or the #1 in the NAIA. 

Trolling 1/10

Edited by JasonBryant

Nothing like ban changing his argument midway through again. Don't recall any backups from F&M or Duke in the match. All I see is 20 All-Americans, 6 national champions and the lowest ranked wrestler in the main event is either the #4 in D1 or the #1 in the NAIA. 

Trolling 1/10

Needless to say, my sarcasm flew a bit over your head, as it does most people on here.  Hence, why no one understands me on rasslin forums.

No, my point has always been that what gets originally announced always ends up being a pale comparison to the original announcement.

Weren't you the one, by the way, that tried to post some kind of nonsense that in the 97th year history of this event that in only .00001% of cases that lineups change?  Well, time to update them there stats again, my man.

Edited by ban_basketball

Oh it was read loud and clear You on the other hand failed to adequately comprehend my statistic which said since 2004, the average number of main event changes was .9 ... just under 1 a year over 10 years The two changes bring the average to just a shade over one

Two changes out of 20 athletes HARDLY classifies as a pale comparison. You failed to validate your claim, citing your (inaccurate ) memory rather than looking up stats that easily refute your evolving claim .

Oh it was read loud and clear You on the other hand failed to adequately comprehend my statistic which said since 2004, the average number of main event changes was .9 ... just under 1 a year over 10 years The two changes bring the average to just a shade over one

Two changes out of 20 athletes HARDLY classifies as a pale comparison. You failed to validate your claim, citing your (inaccurate ) memory rather than looking up stats that easily refute your evolving claim .

Citing my inaccurate memory?!  Are you claiming that changes ARE NOT made to initial lineups every year?  Doesn't you half-assed "data" show that very fact?!  Once again, you've missed my pernt that I've been making, and that is is that changes are always made.

Keep in mind that we still have more than enough time for changes to be made to this year's lineup-which there likely will be-and I'll be here to toot my own horn again.

In 2008 there were no changes, thus your pernt is incorrect.

Ah, yes, let's cite the exceptional one year where changes were not made.  You really done showed me on up that one!

Great detective work there, Bobby boy, you've saved face from humileration again!

Edited by ban_basketball

And, keep in mind, folks:  working tirelessly at trying to discount one pernt that that dastardly ban basketball makes should ALWAYS be one's life mission and focus; nothing else in life matters!

(It actually just shows me how much you mental midgets grasp at straws).   LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, my point has always been that what gets originally announced always ends up being a pale comparison to the original announcement.

Two changes does not equal "pale comparison" -- you can change your argument all you want, but the fact there are fewer changes on average than you boldly claimed when you first took a shot at the event. You're harping on that topic, which was not missed, but you didn't start harping on that point until your initial "sarcasm" was immediately disproved. 

Laugh at the stats all you want, it shows you're wrong.

I think it's pretty telling when you're openly rooting for kids to get hurt so the lineup changes so you can again harp on a secondary point you brought up after your first shot at the event. Oh, you didn't say it, but now you've "tooted" your own horn when a kid gets hurt? Pretty disgusting if you ask me. 

Even your most recent "pale comparison" comment has been shot down. If there were an average of 10 changes a year, you would have a point, but there are not that many changes each year. That's not what you were trying to assert, even with your attempt at sarcasm with the F&M and Duke reference (which is also a shot at those programs, nice wrestling fan you seem to be).

The rolling 10-year average with the most recent changes brings the average to 1.03 per year. The number of changes has reduced drastically since the event was moved to November, which is why I'm using the 10-year averages rather than events that were midseason and unavailable online to verify. 

I can't understand why someone who calls themselves a wrestling fan is so quick to take digs on events with 20 All-Americans in a dual and justifies digs at F&M and Duke as "sarcasm." 

Edited by JasonBryant

The forum is dying because you have knuckleheads making personal arguments and attacks against other posters instead of just arguing points.  Anyone who can't see the quality behind this year's AS and the past few years AS events is just plain not a college wrestling fan.

1. As JH said, Garrett out isn't the end of the world when he is replaced with Waters.

2. The 174 change is fine by me considering the top horses are all in the B1G and will meet each other 768 dozen more times this year.  Yea, that is a mathematical prediction, quote me on it.

3. There are still 7 #1 vs. #2 D1 match ups and some studs showcased in the warm up matches.

WTF could you possibly be complaining about??

Two changes does not equal "pale comparison" -- you can change your argument all you want, but the fact there are fewer changes on average than you boldly claimed when you first took a shot at the event. You're harping on that topic, which was not missed, but you didn't start harping on that point until your initial "sarcasm" was immediately disproved. 

Laugh at the stats all you want, it shows you're wrong.

I think it's pretty telling when you're openly rooting for kids to get hurt so the lineup changes so you can again harp on a secondary point you brought up after your first shot at the event. Oh, you didn't say it, but now you've "tooted" your own horn when a kid gets hurt? Pretty disgusting if you ask me. 

Even your most recent "pale comparison" comment has been shot down. If there were an average of 10 changes a year, you would have a point, but there are not that many changes each year. That's not what you were trying to assert, even with your attempt at sarcasm with the F&M and Duke reference (which is also a shot at those programs, nice wrestling fan you seem to be).

The rolling 10-year average with the most recent changes brings the average to 1.03 per year. The number of changes has reduced drastically since the event was moved to November, which is why I'm using the 10-year averages rather than events that were midseason and unavailable online to verify. 

I can't understand why someone who calls themselves a wrestling fan is so quick to take digs on events with 20 All-Americans in a dual and justifies digs at F&M and Duke as "sarcasm." 

How could I be digging at anyone when I haven't even payed one bit of attention to who is wrestling in it.  I now know that Waters is in it, but, aside from that, I have ZERO clue.

My pernt is, and has always been that when the initial lineup is announced, there are always (yes, with the exception of one year, that detective Bob pointed out) changes to the lineup, with such changes always being lesser matches (in terms of marque) than was originally scheduled.  Yes, I use exaggerated sarcasm to make the pernt, but my pernt cannot be denied.

And, yes, I agree, Lord Nelson.  Had it not been for folks being so hellbent on having to "prove" me wrong at every turn, you wouldn't be frustrated with the tone on it.  Bob Dole is one good place to look for all of that.

3. There are still 7 #1 vs. #2 D1 match ups and some studs showcased in the warm up matches.

WTF could you possibly be complaining about??

I agree, but there still have been changes, which is all that I've ever said, and, no, I'm not complaining one iota about who's rasslin in it because I have no idea who's rasslin in it.  I don't usually pay attention to "all-star" matches/games.

Trolling 1/10

JB, I have a Trademark on what our lawyers call "GT's Trolling Scale." Please cease and desist all infringement upon this Trademark, although I am flattered. If you do so, I will not have to unleash upon you a pack of rabid dogs who shoot bees from their mouths.

Edited by GranbyTroll