There's only one way professional wrestling can really make it and that is to use the formula of every other professional team sport, a league with teams in several cities where a fan-base can be devloped. There needs to be a season with playoffs and everything else done by the NFL, NBA, NHL, etc. 

This one-off nonsense and trying to have an individual tournament here and there is useless.

Yes I'm aware this would take a lot of money but this is the only way.

i dont recommend creating teams for a professional league. if it existed i would certainly watch but it makes more sense to me to create a pro circuit like tennis or golf. multiple major and minor tournaments a year would be my suggestion.

but if someone wanted to create teams and pay to have them travel around the country for dual meets, i'd still watch.

i agree that RTCs are the way to go, to the extant that if you're going to go the team route, organic growth from the clubs that already exist makes the most sense to me. would like to see the RTCs go at each other barnstorming style, setting up duals as they can when they can match up weights. 

Does anyone know how much the wrestlers are paid? One thing DiSabato did, was show how much each wrestler was paid. NFL/MLB/NBA/ect do this and puts the athlete on a pedestal and creates a super-star status based on how much they are worth. Would love to see Flo be transparent with this aspect. 

Does anyone know how much the wrestlers are paid? One thing DiSabato did, was show how much each wrestler was paid. NFL/MLB/NBA/ect do this and puts the athlete on a pedestal and creates a super-star status based on how much they are worth. Would love to see Flo be transparent with this aspect. 

Awesome!  I didn't know that.  Just like with Flow's version of Agon, I didn't follow those exhibition matches too closely so I must have missed it.  Could you point me to the info on how much Ben Kjar, Stephen Abas, Michael Poeta, and Luke Smith were paid?  I heard something about Askrens making money to wrestle but I figured since they were the founders and employed by the promotion their pay wasn't a good indication. 

I would be really interested to seeing how much these guys made.  I figure Perry and Hamlin were each paid 3 or 4 grand to compete and all expenses were covered for travel.  That high school all star match they wrestled at has become a huge money maker for Flow it was mentioned in the forbes article about the 8 million dollars they got for the company.

Edited by dutchcountry7

I would be really interested to seeing how much these guys made.  I figure Perry and Hamlin were each paid 3 or 4 grand to compete and all expenses were covered for travel.  That high school all star match they wrestled at has become a huge money maker for Flow it was mentioned in the forbes article about the 8 million dollars they got for the company.

Askren was paid $10,000 for his win over Wright. Agon didn't release all financial info, but Askren confirmed for Agon I that Jordan Oliver received $3,000 to show and another $3,000 for his win, while Jay Borschel was awarded $2,000 and $1,000.

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/articles/12115

Askren was paid $10,000 for his win over Wright. Agon didn't release all financial info, but Askren confirmed for Agon I that Jordan Oliver received $3,000 to show and another $3,000 for his win, while Jay Borschel was awarded $2,000 and $1,000.

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/articles/12115

Like I said the Askren payment doesn't mean much to me.  He was a founder that worked for them.  Strange to have the matchmaker competing.  Thats why I don't think we ever see Askren wrestle for Flow.  A commissioner can't compete but Agon had two of their founders of the promotion competing and then talking about how much they paid themselves.  http://www.agonwc.com/?page_id=192

Curious what the other guys were paid.  I do find it odd when they only release a few guys it is like they have something to hide.  Why wouldn't you say what Wright made when he is a headliner?  Did they pay expenses for the guys or did the guys have to use their money to show to cover their own expenses?

That was their big kickoff Vegas but does anyone know what they paid the guys to wrestle in Flint, Ithaca, Whitewater, or Clovis?

Great points about this being Agon with a different logo. The idea is obviously to try to crossover with MMA much like Agon tried to do. I'm guessing flo has more resources, but none of these matchups is drawing the excitement they need. A league like this is very hard to create history shows and its a noble effort by the company, but they'll need to make a splash at some point with a huge matchup. 

How do the Iranian and German leagues work? They seem to be fairly successful and have a ton of top flight talent (Romanov, Tsabelov, Taghavi just signed on). Pretty sure they have teams and team titles .

I know Iran is wrestling mad and will watch anything wrestling related but Germany isn't.